What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
I converted my drop screen from RF to IR by replacing the control module. The remote for he RF became flaky a while back so I contacted Severtson and purchased an IR based unit. Well it has sat in the box for well over a year because the RF remote would still drop the screen if it was given enough attitude adjustment (i.e. hit against my hand and bang it against the wall). Well if finally died last week. I cut the wires from the motor to add the new wiring and of course they changed the wire colors. So I had to pull apart both control boxes to verify the correct combinations. I mounted the control box in near the rack and ran an IR flasher to the front. Used the MSC-400 to learn the codes and added them to my marcros so now the screen goes up or down depending on if you choose to use the TV or projector. :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Yep ebay agarwalro. I'll post the ones I got on the for sale thread for ya. They are cheap, but look expensive and most of them write well, while some are junk, that's why I asked fuzz how well it writes.;)
The ink I ordered gets here today so I'll know around midnight when I get home.

flyboylr45

flyboylr45

Senior Audioholic
Let's see… Ridgid CA300, 12 Parasound C85v2 speakers, Dayton 12 channel amp, John Deere D130, Echo PB500t, 2 Roku players, and on layaway, a baby boy being picked up in January 27th. ;-)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Snagged me an audio book on CD for about $2.50 from Amazon. It's the sequel to one that I listened to a little while ago.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Now THAT is cool! Well, hot...but you know what I mean. :D
I saw a guy over on PETT had one, and I'd never seen one before. My home is cold even with a few electric heaters (which I hate BTW) until the new boiler gets installed, so I figured I'd pick one up. Overnighted it from Amazon and then the whole place will be nice and toasty. Once the new boiler is in I'll move it to my little workshop which is absolutely frigid.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Looks like you got the Century model - did you notice that's listed for outdoor use only?
Yes, I did see that. I figured it wouldn't be an issue since it'll only be used for about a week and then only to bring a room up to temp, after which the electric heaters can take over.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
You may want to consider investing in a carbon monoxide detector before you fire that thing up.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis