Your thoughts on Transformers 2?

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I think the Trek movie was fantastic, but I watched the next gen trilogy.:rolleyes: If you've watched Nemesis you've seen one of the worst movies ever made. It had all the actors and the bad guy had great potential.

I seriously wish it didn't exist and could simply be disowned. Of course the first couple seasons of Enterprise are along the same vain until Brent Spiner comes on the show.
I agree, however I am not a Trekke in any way shape or form.

I thought Star Trek was THE BEST film of the year.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I agree with you completely. But I think you mean the script. As the entire cast list is full of competent actors, with an incompetent script.

This annoyed me severely as I felt like needless obscenities were thrown in when not needed and stupid little "fart jokes" made an otherwise awesome storyline seem like a cheap Japanese Anime movie that had been dubbed over from Japanese to English.
I found most of the script quite offensive and totally useless, and would not want my kids watching it. The actors may be competent, but IMO it didn't come through in this one.

However, I was amazed by the technical/special effects and sound quality....

Last edited:
croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Just FYI, It seems there is a bit of a difference in soundtrack volume depending on which edition you get. It seems the IMAX Walmart version seems to be "lower" relative to the Best Buy version for example. But I can say the bass in the IMAX version is superb!!!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I think the Trek movie was fantastic, but I watched the next gen trilogy. If you've watched Nemesis you've seen one of the worst movies ever made. It had all the actors and the bad guy had great potential.

I seriously wish it didn't exist and could simply be disowned. Of course the first couple seasons of Enterprise are along the same vain until Brent Spiner comes on the show.
Nemesis wasn't the best Trek but I still liked it much better than the new Trek which seemed to be a lame copy of Nemesis with a rogue Romulan hell bent on destroying the Federation, namely Vulcan. Old Spock was so out of place in the movie and Kirk was so unnatural, wimpy and lame but I digress. The Enterprise looked completely ridiculous and most of the movie felt like I was watching Willie Wonka and the Chocolate factory with all of the pipes and water in the engine room and construction of the ship on Earth. That in itself was simply retarded.

One mans meat is another mans poison. To me the new Trek was a dumbed down to appeal to teenage youth and I suppose I can't fault them since it made more money than all the previous Trek films combined....:rolleyes:

Red matter, 6 billion vulcans sitting there watching a giant drill dig into their planet, not doing anything, then along comes Cadet kirk with a handgun to stop it.... Ok I need to stop now :)

Read my rant about the movie here:
http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showpost.php?p=568175&postcount=104

Enterprise was a great show after Season 2, but nobody gave it a chance. Then it got cut so they butchered the final episode to make it the worst ending in Star Trek History. Then after the show was off the air, the people that b1tched wanted it back. Honestly, I disown Star Trek fans. Since they didn't support the way it was, we now have Star Trek meets Melrose Place.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Okay, the movie is growing on me. The sound and video are outstanding. I really like the battle in the woods...

manofsteel2397

manofsteel2397

Audioholic
I absoutly loved this movie the keep in mind this is not a drama its an action movie that is made to be fun...but if you can get passed the human element of this movie it is great..i also liked how the dove into the transfomers mytho lore in several aspects (i loved this entity when i was a kid and still do) i.e. the matrix ect.....

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
I found most of the script quite offensive and totally useless, and would not want my kids watching it. The actors may be competent, but IMO it didn't come through in this one.

However, I was amazed by the technical/special effects and sound quality....
Yeah I felt the same way.

Adding senseless language and sexual content to the movie relegated it to the teens and up category, really spoiling it for younger aged children as this is an outstanding action movie and could have been even more entertaining for children than some adults.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
Ordered my Bluray 2 disc from Amazon yesterday, $19.99. Looking forward to seeing it again, on my set up. But have to admit I looking forward to Star Trek a bit more.

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
Guys....this movie was not made for the children crowd, get over it! It is made for teenagers dudes thru the middle aged men crowd.
You have lots of visuals and audio things going on for almost 3 hours! Cool CGI, robots kicking ***, adult humor, lots of sounds including tons of LFE and.........a couple of SMOKIN HOT chics scantely clad and flurtatious.
Lets call it like we see it fellas! Enjoy it for what it is :D

manofsteel2397

manofsteel2397

Audioholic
Guys....this movie was not made for the children crowd, get over it! It is made for teenagers dudes thru the middle aged men crowd.
You have lots of visuals and audio things going on for almost 3 hours! Cool CGI, robots kicking ***, adult humor, lots of sounds including tons of LFE and.........a couple of SMOKIN HOT chics scantely clad and flurtatious.
Lets call it like we see it fellas! Enjoy it for what it is :D
very true but my 5 year old loves this movie but then again i dont think he pays much attention to the other stuff other than the giant robots.....:):)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Enjoy it for what it is :D
Yeah, enjoy it for what it is, a complete pile of crap. Maybe I'll pick it up if I ate some bad sushi and need something to help me puke it out. :rolleyes:

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah, enjoy it for what it is, a complete pile of crap. Maybe I'll pick it up if I ate some bad sushi and need something to help me puke it out. :rolleyes:
I don't think you should watch this movie again. :eek:

I may buy it though. Wifey and I enjoyed it. :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm renting it tonight.. for mindless entertainment, special effetcs, and eye candy. Top that off with a nice cold glass of "Brava" and I think it'll be a good evening. :p

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
I'm renting it tonight.. for mindless entertainment, special effetcs, and eye candy. Top that off with a nice cold glass of "Brava" and I think it'll be a good evening. :p
This is what I am talkin about! :cool: :D

J

jasper08

Audioholic Intern
Did anyone get TF2:ROTF bluray(imax version) from walmart? I heard it got some volume problem with Its' dts hdma track. Care to comment.:)

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Youpie

I watched "Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen" on blu-ray last night, and what a a blast (pure unaltered fun).
Too bad I was too tired (I felt asleep).

But, I'll rewatch it again tonight. :D

* Lots of great sounds from my system, and some eye candy pictures too (from the cars, trucks, robots and the cute heroine). And with a good dose of humor too.

Like I said, a real blast of adrenaline rush. :):D

G

Gov

Senior Audioholic
There is NO problem with the Wal-Mart IMAX version audio track one bit!! Just turn up the volume and enjoy. It is sublime!

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
And what about the picture on the IMAX version from Crap-Mart?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis