Your thoughts on Transformers 2?

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
The IMAX PQ is absolutely stellar. One of the best so far IMO.
Thanks croseiv, I will get the Imax version then from Wal-Mart (with 32 seconds more). :)
* And price is no object, only Peace is. :D

** Oh, by the way, I just rewatched it last night, and I felt asleep, again!
But this time I saw more of it.
Tonight I'll catch up from where I left off. :)

Last edited:
Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Sorry to change the subject a bit but couldn't help but notice on your bottom a/v cabinet.. is that an Onkyo/Integra 939???
Sorry to pitch in, but the receiver at the bottom cabinet of mtrycrafts's system is indeed the Onkyo/Integra TX-DS939 (circa 1997).

Last edited:
DTS-HD MA

DTS-HD MA

Junior Audioholic
Sorry to pitch in, but the receiver at the bottom cabinet of mtrycrafts's system is indeed the Onkyo/Integra TX-DS939 (circa 1997).
Thanks for the reply. Wow..what a piece of gear it was in it's time, it made a lot of my buddies drool over it when I first got it (1997). Still have mine in the closet, maybe I should dust it off..lol:D

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Thanks for the reply. Wow..what a piece of gear it was in it's time, it made a lot of my buddies drool over it when I first got it (1997). Still have mine in the closet, maybe I should dust it off..lol:D
A very, very nice receiver for it's time, indeed.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched it this weekend and I was looking for a movie that had lots of eye candy and visual effects. From that perspective, it delivered it in spades and is worth getting. I can't comment on the sond as my HT isn't setup yet. I watched it thru the tv speakers. But even so, it was still very entertaining.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I watched it last night, and I would agree with the majority on this, the plot is thin, they eye candy and audio is top notch. Lots of action, story not all that great, and the twins are very annoying, but not bad for a popcorn flick. Can't wait to see what Transformers 3 has to offer.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
This was the funniest review comment I've seen on it so far:

I'm reminded of that famous line from 'Macbeth' about "a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing". It's almost as if the Bard had seen 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen'.

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
High tech movie.

Finally, after three trys, I saw this blu-ray title in it's entirety. :)

What can I say? Pure adrenaline fun, with great picture (too much contrast though) and superb sound (but sometimes it was missing; should have been much louder, in particular during the fights and explosions).

Overall, I was please with this popcorn flic teaser.

* Wow! Can you tell Michael Bay's background in car's commercials! Ouf! Nice!
And Megan Fox goes without saying! Ouch! Gorgeous!

J

jasper08

Audioholic Intern
How much Walmart is selling Transformers: ROTF(Imax version) now? ;)

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Transformers 2; Imax version.

I think this movie kick some serious butts.

* I'll be getting the Blu-ray Exclusive Big Screen Imax Edition, that's for sure. :D

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Watched the IMAX version and the scene with the devastator was very cool as the aspect ratio changes....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched the BD last night. Audio was pretty good. Lots of LFE all over the place and surround activity was good throughout. PQ was grainy on many of the outdoor shots, which becomes much more noticeable in 1080p.

"What size shoe do you wear?"

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis