Will BIG 4k TV's take over the market!!

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
A 300" screen and a Christie Eclipse is cheaper than a 300" Sony Wall right now. So there is that! Save yourself over $400k and go the Eclipse route.

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
In our Games Room we have a 75 inch 4K Samsung connected to our Dolby Atmos System (7.2.4). When we bought it my wife tapped out at that size, while I was ready to pull the trigger on an 85. (Which was big only a few years ago!) I've always thought bigger is better way back to 37 inch CRT days. (She sent me out for a 29 inch Sony and I came home with that monster. I think that's why she came with me shopping for the 4K TV.)

However, front center channel speaker placement would be a concern over about 85 inches for me. We went to the QLED Samsung over a projector primarily as we like to have the sun come in the room at times, and wanted a "bright" picture, I was concerned with that. I definitely think these larger screen LEDs are going to cut into Projector sales.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
A 300" screen and a Christie Eclipse is cheaper than a 300" Sony Wall right now. So there is that! Save yourself over $400k and go the Eclipse route.
I'll take 2 of the Sony 300" TVs for my 2 HT rooms then.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I'll take 2 of the Sony 300" TVs for my 2 HT rooms then.
Where would you put the speakers with that size screen? at least with the projector you can put all your speakers and subs behind the screen.

At that size, projector and screen all day! Anything under 120" I would consider purchasing a TV. It won't look so ridiculous with speaker setup with 120" or less.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Where would you put the speakers with that size screen? at least with the projector you can put all your speakers and subs behind the screen.

At that size, projector and screen all day! Anything under 120" I would consider purchasing a TV. It won't look so ridiculous with speaker setup with 120" or less.
Well, each of my two HT rooms will be 50 FEET wide x 100 FEET long x 20 FEET high. So the speakers will be on each side and below the 300" TV. :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
One centre speaker at floor level never sounded like a good idea to me. I think top mounted would work better but above and below the screen sounds logical for screens that size. It's so uncommon though that I have not come across any articles on it.

Let's face it... what we really want is a personal Sphere! :D
I'm happy to roll with it!! ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis