Which brand makes the best quality loudspeakers?

Who makes the best speakers

• Aperion Audio

Votes: 22 3.1%
  • Axiom Audio

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • B&W

Votes: 154 22.0%
  • Harman (JBL, Infinity, Revel)

Votes: 155 22.2%
  • Klipsch

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • Martin Logan

Votes: 59 8.4%
  • Paradigm

Votes: 79 11.3%
  • Polk

Votes: 40 5.7%
  • PSB

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • RBH Sound

Votes: 42 6.0%

• Total voters
S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Where is Monitor audio and Bostons? , you forgot them. The two reputed brands. Monitor audio's Mass 5.1 is incredibly nice and so are the Bostons.

Ok well Montor audio sound is accurate i found it to my liking, High end for sure , the quality is top notch.

I know the Monitor audio is another price bracket but to me that sounded , just better than the Bostons for sure.

I auditioned both MA Mass 5.1 and the BA A2310 with same material, room and source.

Last edited:
crossedover

crossedover

Audioholic Chief
A South African loudspeaker manufacturer with Laurence Dickie as designer (coming from B&W). Unique modern design and very good sound quality.
Cool link more info. Are you affiliated when them?

A

AJvR

Audiophyte
No, I am not affiliated, I just like them very much. I heard their B1's more than a few times. I am not allowed to post a link to their website yet. :(

B

Bigg earz

Audiophyte
Klipsch got lots of votes and few comments. All of the listed companies make or have made great gear, so just ask yourself what you demand of your sound, how much and how often do you have that... Just play the music!

J

JRT3

Junior Audioholic
I voted for Klipsch from my experience with their mass produced less expensive spread - my KB-15's and B-10's. While I broke them in on my office stereo, listening to music (CD's), they were destined to be extension speakers for my table top shortwave receivers, where they are much appreciated. They whetted my appetite... and early November found a pair of new RB-81ii's in my office followed on BF by a pair of R15M's ($124 delivered!). I rethought my office stereo, now consisting of an Onkyo C-7030 CDP, an Emotiva Mini-X A-100 amp, and a pair of RB-81ii's with my JBL SUB 550P subwoofer available if needed. My Onkyo TX-8020 replaced my old Yamaha AVR, being fed analog audio from an old Sony BRD player and another C-7030, while driving my new R15M's in my upstairs hobby room, where I can still view movies on a workbench mounted JVC 24" LED/LCD display fed video from the BRD player via an HDMI cable. I have my old HT sub, a Polk PSW-505, connected to the TX-8020, when it needs help.

I suggested Klipsch due to the uniformity of their current line of imported fare. My first intro to the line was in 1971, when I visited an audiophile's music room, complete with two K-horns and a center speaker, possibly a LaScalla, each driven by a Dynaco 35W tube amp. The sound was unreal... fantastic... really left it's mark. Sadly, I couldn't take advantage of the two 'employee' purchases I would encounter over the years as a repair tech at hifi salons, so the Heritage line is a pipedream to me. Now retired, I found a Klipsch or two I could afford - albeit on closeout - and really enjoy their horns and the clear sound, not to mention their efficiency.

T

turnbowm

Audiophyte
I was very impressed with the build quality of the KEF LS50s.

Goodband

Goodband

Audioholic
KEF, Tannoy ... I am sure that we could debate all day ... I just put those two because I had the chance to listen to them more often and it was always nice

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

N

Nathan R Tramel

Audiophyte
B&W
Golden Ear
Paradigm

B&W speakers provided me the best compromise because I love to listen to music as well as Movies.

Isaac Barker

Isaac Barker

Audiophyte
My favorite speakers are by a little company from Ogden, Utah called Zu Audio. I have owned a pair of their loudspeakers called the Presence 1.9, for close to 8 years now. I currently own 8 of their speakers. Along with the Presence 1.9's I own 5 Cubes and their sub woofer called the Submission. Absolutely amazing speakers. I have a 5.1 setup in my theater room and a 2.0 setup for my video editing room.

I have been blown away by both music and movies. When I purchased the speakers, and after a couple weeks of intense burn-in, I played some Bluray movies I had seen countless times before. It was like watching the movies for the first time. I noticed bits of dialogue or sound f/x that I had never noticed before. The Submission rocks my room. I have listened to several other brand name subs in the past and all of them were very limited in their range. Most of them were the one note thumping type of bass. The Submission hits very hard and is very precise. Take the Dark Knight Rises for example, during the scene where Catwoman has just beat up the bad guys in the bar and the police arrive in the alley, there is a sniper in the alley shooting at the officers. Every time a sniper round is fired you can latterly feel a thump in your chest. Explosions are powerful and sound very realistic.

I use one of their Cubes as a center channel and the dialogue in both movies and music tracks is crystal clear.

Just this week my brother-in-law purchased a pair of Zu's Soul Supremes. I didn't think that speakers could sound any better than mine. I was wrong. He didn't have a sub, so it was a much different sound than my setup. The Soul Supremes have a pair of Radian Tweeters and the mids to highs sound incredible. Once he adds either the Undertone or the Submission he will be rocking.

In my theater room I have the Oppo BD-93 Bluray Player, Denon AVX-4100W Receiver, Peachtree Nova Amp, Wii U and XBOX One. I have the Sony 40ES Projector and a 92" Screen Innovations Pure White screen.

I just joined audioholics, so I can't post any pics yet, but I will once I meet the requirements for the site.

DXProSound

DXProSound

Audiophyte
I just got turned on to some Induction Dynamics that were pretty darn sexy. Really smooth. Lot of power.

Lars Jackson

Lars Jackson

Audiophyte
The best loudspeakers I've heard is not on the list. A brand that my former boss had and it was called Rauna! What comes to me is that DIY-loudspeakers are the best now. In them you can shape them both in size and sound!

HDOM

HDOM

Audioholic Intern
Hello is my personal stuff that i dont like biwire speakers and speakers that are like what i call "industrial famous"

if i choose one speaker brand ( even when i dont know all the unknown brands) it must be:

Buchardt Audio

from their homepage we can read this:

"The whole idea of developing this line of High-End speakers was to make it affordable. Don’t get fooled by the price, these speakers performs well against speakers costing 4-5 times the price. How? When you are buying a Speaker in a store, you’re not actually paying for expensive parts as much as engineering, marketing, distributors, agents and expensive Hi-FI stores. We have our factory – You the customer… This setup will cut 60-70% of the price tag compared to your normal dealer type."

http://www.buchardt-audio.com/pages/about-us

Regards

Good4it

Good4it

Audioholic Chief
What is meant by "best"?

Sound, build quality, 2 way, 3 way, bookshelf, floor standing or price-is-no-object.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis