Which brand makes the best quality loudspeakers?

Who makes the best speakers

• Aperion Audio

Votes: 22 3.1%
  • Axiom Audio

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • B&W

Votes: 154 22.0%
  • Harman (JBL, Infinity, Revel)

Votes: 155 22.2%
  • Klipsch

Votes: 106 15.2%
  • Martin Logan

Votes: 59 8.4%
  • Paradigm

Votes: 79 11.3%
  • Polk

Votes: 40 5.7%
  • PSB

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • RBH Sound

Votes: 42 6.0%

• Total voters
P

Peterc613

Enthusiast
$263,000
MBL 101 Extreme

360 degree ribbon tweeter, midrange, woofer and bass towers

MBL-101-X-Treme-Speakers.jpg

P

Peterc613

Enthusiast
$250,000
Magico Ultimate III

Horn Tweeter, midrange and bass with cylinder loaded sub unit.

magico-ultima.jpg

P

Peterc613

Enthusiast
$170,500
Acapella Triolon Excalibur

Horn Tweeter, midrange and bass with Sub towers

Acapella-Audio-Arts-Sphaeron-Excalibur.jpg

P

Peterc613

Enthusiast
$70,000+
Avantgarde Trio Omega and 6 Basshorn modules

Horn Tweeter, midrange and bass with 6 horn loaded stacked Subs

Avantgarde.jpg

P

Peterc613

Enthusiast
$500,000
CAT MBX

Powered Speakers with exotic stainless steel and titanium frames, custom designed, hand built and tuned for your specific room

CAT-MBX-Powered-Speakers.jpg

P

Peterc613

Enthusiast
$1,000,000
Cessaro Omega One with Bass Horns

Horn Tweeter, horn midranges and horn bass with 8 folded horn subs

Cessaro.jpg

P

Peterc613

Enthusiast
$350,000
Dynamikks Ultima

Full range Synergy horn with bass horn and sub towers

Dynamikks Ultima.jpg

P

Peterc613

Enthusiast
$500,000
Backes Mulier BM100

Stainless steel body, wave guide loaded line array high, miss and lows
Backes-Muller-BM100.jpg

P

Peterc613

Enthusiast
$1,000,000
Goldmund Epilogue Signature Audio System

Independent driver enclosures, exotic and composite materials
Goldmund-Epilogue-Signature-Audio-System.jpg

P

Peterc613

Enthusiast
$1,100,000
Moon Audio Dark Star Opulence

Machined out of solid stainless steel for non resonant enclosure, weight just under 1 ton/pair

Moon-Audio-Dark-Star-Opulence.jpg

H

Henry Belk

Audiophyte
I have used Infinity speakers in the past and could never get great sound until I purchased my current system, Yamaha receiver (RV-V475) Polk Audio TSi200's, CS20, OWM3's (Rear) and then upgraded to Fluance AVBP2 speakers for surrounds, and a Sunfire SDS8 Subwoofer on a Auralex Grandma pad for bass isolation. I must say the sound is TOP QUALITY. I have all my mp3's, Flac music files and television shows and movies stored on a WD 3TB personal cloud, using JRiver Media Center 20 using an acer tower computer or my laptop with HDMI output to receiver for EXCELLENT sound and picture. I wouldn't complain if someone out there offered me a pair of B&W Nautilus 802's. Just saying. But for my budget, I cannot complain, the TSi200's and CS20 never sound bad, have excellent build quality and at a reasonable price point. With the addition of the Sunfire sub (can't turn this up past 3 :)!! I must say this is an awesome sounding system. I make my own speaker wires using Monoprice cable, banana plugs, boots, and cable jackets. All other cable is from Monoprice also.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
If I could mix my Ascend RAAL towers mids and highs with my RBH sound lows I would be in heaven. I am finding out that I don't alway like using a sub but the Ascends need one. I just need to get a good sub I guess.... But using the RBH with my Primaluna HP Integrated rocks!!

B

Big Jake

Junior Audioholic
Aaaahh... coming back down to earth... :rolleyes: ... I recently had the chance to audition a pair of B&W's 802D, powered by Macintosh, along side some Martin Logans powered by Yamaha Aventage separates. I'll have to say they were very similar, except the B&W's did have the edge on the high frequencies. The diamond tweeters coupled with the FST midrange were simply more open and airy, and more true to life. They're both a little out of my price range, new, but I think the new Diamond series B&W's are exceptionally great sounding speakers.

Thomoz

Thomoz

Enthusiast
KEF, Sonus Faber, Avant Garde, Vandersteen and Magnepan are all better speakers for my use than anything in your poll.

Tannoy also has great products as long as you stay away from their cheap pieces.

DaliFan8

DaliFan8

Audiophyte
For me, Dali loudspeakers from Denmark....the Epicon range in particular. I love the combination of the wide dispersion ribbon tweeter and soft dome tweeter. They work very well with the lovely bass drivers for an over all great sound. With the right matching of electronics, these speakers are very engaging indeed.

D

Darren Buckner

Audiophyte
Not the best but i just bought a pair of Q Acoustics 2050 at 279£(im from England) and as performance vs budget goes i really couldnt complain or find anything better.They weigh as much as a small car :) but are well supported on spiked stands.
Anyone else have these?

D

Defcon

Audioholic
It is interesting how loudpseakers are almost treated like pieces of furniture and the design, finish, looks become more important as one goes up in price, whereas the sound quality most certainly doesn't go up at the same rate.

Then you look at tv/projectors and no one really cares what they look like, its all about the image quality.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis