What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

Matt34

Matt34

Got a pair of JBL studio 680's coming along with a Paradigm X15 sub. I got ride of the Lintons so I'm going to move the Revel M106 to the basement.

The X15 is bigger than the PSA EV1813!

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Got a pair of JBL studio 680's coming along with a Paradigm X15 sub. I got ride of the Lintons so I'm going to move the Revel M106 to the basement.

The X15 is bigger than the PSA EV1813!
Didn't like the Lintons?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I broke out the piggy bank, I was debating between a new ipad and MacBook Pro...the Macbook won. I don't game as much on my PC so I am giving that to my nephew once he get's his own place.

MacBook Pro 16 M3 Max. Thank you Microcenter. $400 off MSRP. They had a promo where I saved an addittional 10% by using My Microcenter credit account. I had to buy a Monitor for $66 which I sold for 70, so no loss. Saved a total of $760 off MSRP, so pulled the trigger. Still to expensive, but I will use it

Attachments

D

dolynick

Audioholic
Two of these arrived today:
Chairs-Mar11_2024.jpg

They're replacing older chairs who's vinyl finish had started to come off after nearly 20 years of service.

If these work out, I have two more that will need replacing yet as well.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Sunday morning I visited a FB Marketplace seller about 15 minutes away who was offering 40 records for USD $50. I bit.

Definitely worth the trip and the money. It was actually 42, though 2 of them I wouldn't let my neighbors annoying dog listen to them.

On the plus side, that Steely Dan "Gaucho" on top is near mint, and after running 28 of the 42 through my ultrasonic cleaner I know it's dead quiet, no tics or pops. And overall in better shape than the one I had.

Of the 42, there's 10 so far that will be sold out given away. 8 of those were duplicates of ones I had and of those 8, 5 were better in the batch I bought and 3 were not. Of the 14 I still haven't cleaned, I think I'll be ditching 11 of them. Getting 5 good Bob Dylan titles when I had zero is nice. Having half of the 42 as keepers is great, and knowing I can sell the others (and give some away) and get at least $35 of the $50 I spent back is nice. Huge win!
1000005849.jpg

Last edited:
Matt34

Matt34

The 680's arrived. They do sound very similar to the 580's I had without looking like darth Vader's stepchild. I have some parts express outriggers coming for them too, don't like the feet they come with.
1000000114.jpg
1000000115.jpg

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
ELP box set. 18 CDs so I’ll be listening for a while. Love ELP. I think they should be in the hall of fame but prog rock doesn’t get a lot of love.
IMG_4052.jpeg

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
The stars aligned and my KEF & Luxman dealer sold a new Luxman L-509Z to a customer who traded-in a mint L-509X. The L-509X was, until recently when the L-509Z started shipping, the top-of-the-line Class A-B integrated amp. I got a great price and took it home. It's not a lot more power by the specs, though a notably higher damping factor (210 to 370) over my existing entry-level L-505uX Mk2. I notice a difference and really don't care to hear the usual "placebo effect"/"expectation bias" stuff from those who like to do that. Let me be happy for a day...I'm a machinist/toolmaker and the top cover plate is a machining masterpiece. Maybe that's why I wanted one! The old one is less than 1/2 the price of the new model, and has a couple more features. Very satisfied.
L-509X_in_situ.jpg

L-509X_closer.jpg

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
The stars aligned and my KEF & Luxman dealer sold a new Luxman L-509Z to a customer who traded-in a mint L-509X. The L-509X was, until recently when the L-509Z started shipping, the top-of-the-line Class A-B integrated amp. I got a great price and took it home. It's not a lot more power by the specs, though a notably higher damping factor (210 to 370) over my existing entry-level L-505uX Mk2. I notice a difference and really don't care to hear the usual "placebo effect"/"expectation bias" stuff from those who like to do that. Let me be happy for a day...I'm a machinist/toolmaker and the top cover plate is a machining masterpiece. Maybe that's why I wanted one! The old one is less than 1/2 the price of the new model, and has a couple more features. Very satisfied.
View attachment 66488
View attachment 66489
Congratulations! Looks great. Love the meters.

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
Congratulations! Looks great. Love the meters.
Meters were fun. I used to have meters. The picture is too low quality to see but the Panasonic receiver I had in my dorm room in 1980 had meters. I still use the speakers, the turntable and the alarm clock. :)

Dorm room 1980b.jpg

crazyfingers

crazyfingers

Full Audioholic
I've been trying to find a better way to sample bands that I don't know much about. Youtube is a good source for finding music from different bands. But I didn't have a way to play it tough the good stereo because my laptop only connects to my preamp via BluOS, Airplay or Bluetooth. So I just ordered a 25 foot 3.5mm to RCA cable to run from a wired connection between the two.

AUX to Line in.jpg

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
I've been trying to find a better way to sample bands that I don't know much about. Youtube is a good source for finding music from different bands. But I didn't have a way to play it tough the good stereo because my laptop only connects to my preamp via BluOS, Airplay or Bluetooth. So I just ordered a 25 foot 3.5mm to RCA cable to run from a wired connection between the two.

View attachment 66496
I stream using Qobuz. They are always updating new music. It’s an option on their home page. They send a weekly email with updates. They have a forum where members can share their thoughts on music including new or new to you music. I’ve discovered a few bands that way and with streaming it’s all included in the price so no risk if you don’t like something. They have a free trial I believe if you want to check it out.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I also stream with Qobuz...but also with Amazon Music HD. Sooner or later I'll make a choice and ditch one but I do know that the BluOS interface with Qobuz is far better than the Amazon Music HD one. For the latter, I mainly use it at work and access their website to play music. That's because my employer doesn't allow me to connect the Bluesound Powernode 2 to their network, it's not "business related" so I have to have my work PC connect to it via Bluetooth. At home, I use Qobuz in a similar manner as @Bobby Bass uses. I don't have an active feed of new music in an e-mail, but it's always there on the home screen so I try various things...when I'm not playing records. ;)

-Jim-

-Jim-

Audioholic General
This was a gift from my youngest son for my birthday. (I typically give them a list for guidance as I'm terrible to buy something for.)

I thought I'd stretch myself outside of my typical Rock / Blues/Pop universe. And I wanted another Atmos disk at the same time. The review were good so I'm looking forward to hearing it this week

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Saw my new boat today. Hopefully will be piloting by the end of next month. 6 speaker Rockford Fosgate stereo for streaming my summer playlist. Come on summer!
IMG_2421.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis