What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Cos said:
I was looking at this, did you have to install an additional wire for this to work. It's my understanding that there is no battery in this unit?
My house is only 5 years old, and already has the "C" wire run. I think there are workarounds if you have no power wire, but you're right that there is no battery.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend OSP v1.3.3.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Picked up one of those 5TB drives @afterlife2 linked. Can never have enough storage. Now I just a working computer to put it in........

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I bought another something today -- well, adopted, I guess.

Catniss Everdeen is a 3 months old animal shelter rescue. She's already part of the family and acclimating to her new home with ease.

(They called her Percy at the pound, but I think she likes her new name better.)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
That would make some nice turkey burgers.
Didn't realize that was possible. ;)

Have read some people use them to make their own dogfood. Grind up whole chickens, bones and all. (It seems chicken bones only splinter after cooking. Uncooked bones don't splinter, so it's safe to feed your dog whole uncooked chicken.) I guess after grinding, it doesn't matter. But for your turkey burgers, you could use the whole thing. No waste. Bones, "gizzards and lizards" (as my wife calls them), necks and all. Mmmmm!!!

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I bought another something today -- well, adopted, I guess.

Catniss Everdeen is a 3 months old animal shelter rescue. She's already part of the family and acclimating to her new home with ease.

(They called her Percy at the pound, but I think she likes her new name better.)

NICE! Yeah, the new name is much better. Congratulations!

FB_IMG_1441636115276.jpg

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
So, did they arrive yet?
Yup, and I have already used them for several days!

Overall, a great pair of monitors for the price! It is a nice touch that they come with iso pads that are small and a perfect fit.

It's tough to imagine just exactly HOW Mackie was able to give the consumer this much for such a small price!!! I guess they make up for it by over-charging on the 4" model ;)

I mean, connection flexibility and a headphone out (those connections add up $), cables, iso pads, decent cabs, and good performance down to ~80Hz! WOW!

These things have no problems getting plenty LOUD!

To nit-pick, the iso pads needed a little more angle to get the tweeter pointed at my ear at my installation. It would be nice to have some kind of grills. Otherwise, very nice product, especially at the price!

Lulimet

Lulimet

Full Audioholic
It's amazing what you can get for $100 these days. We are fortunate to live in such times.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Bought CD's used on amazon:

And Finally ordered:
12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress and
Box Spring Metal Bed Frame:D:D:D

A

Argroft

Junior Audioholic
I finally got some new toys in the mail today! I'm currently working on a subwoofer enclosure, which you can check out here.

I bought a Rolls Promatch MB15b and a pair of 1' XLR cables to convert my Denon AVR-X1000's LFE output to my Crown XLS-1500's XLR input. It worked great in the test I did and I couldn't hear any type of hum or distortion, so I am very please with it.

Next up we have the things I needed for my new subwoofer build: 1- Dayton Audio DVC31088 12" subwoofer driver, 24- 4' x 1/8" stainless steel round bar, and 1- Free Dayton Audio hat. In case anyone is wondering, that is the enclosure in the last photo (sitting on its side). It's a down-firing enclosure that was built as an end table so I didn't have to sacrifice much space. It also lets me built a second one and hide them both in plain sight!

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm excited for you Argroft! If I were in your position I wouldn't have the patience to finish the trim with the steel bars before giving it a test listen.

Not sure what I'd do with a 10" hat though. :)

That Rolls gadget you got is pretty cool. I've got a Rolls phantom power module for an XLR measurement mic, and it seems to be quite a sturdy little box. I like their stuff.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I feel dirty, I am being assimilated, I pre-ordered the Apple IPhone 6s Plus 128GB. At least I am not paying for my service plan ;). I am an self confessed electronics junkie and like to try new technology, I feel this will probably last me at about 6 months before I have the urge to try the Windows Phone. I am so sick of Android I needed a change. I also love the Windows Tile system, but even their forthcoming new premium phones don't look that great.

The 24 Month plan with included AppleCare seems expensive at first, because it is, but it is really convenient for someone who loves to upgrade. We shall see lol. Also yes, I will be buying the new APPLE TV to try it out and compare/contrast against Roku and Fire TV. LOL This goes well with my MacBook Pro and Ipad Air 2. It is replacing a Galaxy Note 4.

Apple is evil to a lot of people on this website, but the best advice the owner of the IT reseller I used to work for suggested, was buying apple in 1999 at about $12.00 a share.

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I feel dirty, I am being assimilated, I pre-ordered the Apple IPhone 6s Plus 128GB. At least I am not paying for my service plan ;). I am an self confessed electronics junkie and like to try new technology, I feel this will probably last me at about 6 months before I have the urge to try the Windows Phone. I am so sick of Android I needed a change. I also love the Windows Tile system, but even their forthcoming new premium phones don't look that great.

The 24 Month plan with included AppleCare seems expensive at first, because it is, but it is really convenient for someone who loves to upgrade. We shall see lol. Also yes, I will be buying the new APPLE TV to try it out and compare/contrast against Roku and Fire TV. LOL This goes well with my MacBook Pro and Ipad Air 2. It is replacing a Galaxy Note 4.

Apple is evil to a lot of people on this website, but the best advice the owner of the IT reseller I used to work for suggested, was buying apple in 1999 at about $12.00 a share.

Cool, I'm switching back from a Galaxy Note 3. I also plan on picking up an iPad Pro when they release in Novemeber to replace a Galaxy Note 8

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis