What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Upgraded the guts of my home office computer. New i5, motherboard, RAM and SSD. Just doing the windows 10 upgrade this morning. Going well and much much faster.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Save your money and go with the CR3. These little guys will surprise you.
Order has been placed! Thanks again for posting this. I think these will be perfect for my use, and that nailed the price point that I was wanting.

I also like those Pre-Sonus that were linked earlier. What I see that they have over the Mackie would be metal grills to protect the drivers, and a BT receiver. But, the Mackies come with accessories and iso pads, and I can always add BT for fairly cheap.

Really though, I think I'm gonna pull out my old 20Gb iPod and velcro it to the back :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Let us know what you think!

I have mixed feelings about the last several MGS games.

I absolutely loved the original MGS on PS1! It was revolutionary and one of my favorite games of all times.

What started to bother me about the later games in the series is the silly-long cut scenes! It got to the point of "play for 15 minutes and watch a 25 minute cut scene, rinse, repeat".

If I want to see a movie, then I watch a movie. When I play a game, I want to actually play a game and not watch a movie!

H

hankki

Junior Audioholic
Upgraded the guts of my home office computer. New i5, motherboard, RAM and SSD. Just doing the windows 10 upgrade this morning. Going well and much much faster.
I did the cheap version of that this weekend and only upgraded my 96GB kingston with a 250GB samsung evo 850 prior to installing Win 10.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

I absolutely loved the original MGS on PS1! It was revolutionary and one of my favorite games of all times.

What started to bother me about the later games in the series is the silly-long cut scenes! It got to the point of "play for 15 minutes and watch a 25 minute cut scene, rinse, repeat".

If I want to see a movie, then I watch a movie. When I play a game, I want to actually play a game and not watch a movie!
I enjoyed the movie-cut scenes, but they did start to get a bit overdone and tiresome. In MGS4, the closing film was about an hour. My favorite was MGS2 in terms of just fun to play, but crazy story. I played the "prequel" game to this one they put out and actually did not find it all that compelling, it was too much like the last game, but Kojima always makes something very interesting.

Had it preordered; it arrives tonight.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My daughters ordered this for me for my Birthday so technically, I didn't buy it. :)

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Initial impression playing the prologue and first mission, I like it. You probably won't based on your comments. The prologue is semi-interactive cutscene and dialogue heavy with lower levels of interaction at first. Story is interesting already though; well done in Kojima fashion with unexpected elements and teasers of likely bosses you'll face. First mission is dump you in it and let you learn, clearly expecting you've played some or all of the previous games.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
My daughters ordered this for me for my Birthday so technically, I didn't buy it. :)
I watched Fury Road a few evenings ago. It's wonderful for flexing your subs. I think you'll enjoy it.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got moved to a smaller classroom this year so instead of trying to cram any speakers in here I just picked up one of these. Dunno if it's an improvement over the speakers in my room, but it's portable and BT. Plus it has a built in mic so you can use it for calls as well.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai

I saw the video for this, and this looks to be such a cool toy for the Star Wars Fan. I purchased 8 1 to keep and 7 to sell at my buddy's comic shows

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/star-wars-trade-bb-8-trade-sphero/1044597504?mcid=PS_google_nonbrand_electronicstoys_&adpos=1t1&creative=87698574758&device=c&matchtype=b&network=g&gclid=CIn2uuSf3ccCFQIEaQodc7cKhw

Click on the video. I purchased at Meijer and was able to use a 10% off coupon on top of it which was nice. Haven't even opened the box, so will write a review once I do.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Meat grinder for making my own hamburger. Look forward to trying different mixes of Brisket, Sirloin, Ribeye, Chuck, etc. Should be here Tuesday. It is LEM brand.
View attachment 16532
This arrived, and Holy Cow!!!
Followed recommendations... cut meat into ~1" squares, chilled in freezer for ~20 minutes. The grinder chewed them like butter, faster than I could drop them in. Pretty quiet, built like a tank, easy assembly/disassembly, but cleaning takes a few minutes. So far, would highly recommend.

Blah, blah, blah... now let me tell you about my hamburger. Wow!!! First try was: ~1/2lb each of sirloin, brisket, and beef short ribs, plus 1/4lb of bacon. Oh My!!! Best hamburger we ever ate. Truly tastes like hamburger steak. Texture is perfect w/ one pass thru large grinding plate and minimal handling after grinding. Looking forward to experimenting w/ different mixtures, but hard to imagine any can be better than this.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
This arrived, and Holy Cow!!!
Followed recommendations... cut meat into ~1" squares, chilled in freezer for ~20 minutes. The grinder chewed them like butter, faster than I could drop them in. Pretty quiet, built like a tank, easy assembly/disassembly, but cleaning takes a few minutes. So far, would highly recommend.

Blah, blah, blah... now let me tell you about my hamburger. Wow!!! First try was: ~1/2lb each of sirloin, brisket, and beef short ribs, plus 1/4lb of bacon. Oh My!!! Best hamburger we ever ate. Truly tastes like hamburger steak. Texture is perfect w/ one pass thru large grinding plate and minimal handling after grinding. Looking forward to experimenting w/ different mixtures, but hard to imagine any can be better than this.
What no pictures? :eek:

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Ordered myself a smart programmable thermostat yesterday.

It can switch from heating to cooling automatically, which is great when there's a 40-degree swing in temperatures between night and day. I'll be able to schedule it to relax its heating and cooling while I'm at work, sleeping, on vacation, etc. It'll allow me to control it from a smartphone, tablet, or PC. And it's got voice control. I can yell at it from across the house, "Hey Thermostat. Make it cooler" when I'm too lazy to operate the controls.

I found it in "like new" condition on Amazon for about half the retail price.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Ordered myself a smart programmable thermostat yesterday.

It can switch from heating to cooling automatically, which is great when there's a 40-degree swing in temperatures between night and day. I'll be able to schedule it to relax its heating and cooling while I'm at work, sleeping, on vacation, etc. It'll allow me to control it from a smartphone, tablet, or PC. And it's got voice control. I can yell at it from across the house, "Hey Thermostat. Make it cooler" when I'm too lazy to operate the controls.

I found it in "like new" condition on Amazon for about half the retail price.

I was looking at this, did you have to install an additional wire for this to work. It's my understanding that there is no battery in this unit?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis