What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
I feel dirty, I am being assimilated, I pre-ordered the Apple IPhone 6s Plus 128GB. At least I am not paying for my service plan ;). I am an self confessed electronics junkie and like to try new technology, I feel this will probably last me at about 6 months before I have the urge to try the Windows Phone. I am so sick of Android I needed a change. I also love the Windows Tile system, but even their forthcoming new premium phones don't look that great.

The 24 Month plan with included AppleCare seems expensive at first, because it is, but it is really convenient for someone who loves to upgrade. We shall see lol. Also yes, I will be buying the new APPLE TV to try it out and compare/contrast against Roku and Fire TV. LOL This goes well with my MacBook Pro and Ipad Air 2. It is replacing a Galaxy Note 4.

Apple is evil to a lot of people on this website, but the best advice the owner of the IT reseller I used to work for suggested, was buying apple in 1999 at about $12.00 a share.

I pre-ordered 6s plus 64 yesterday :)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I hope you fellas all enjoy your new iPhones. I'll just be over here browsing my filesystem, running Firefox, downloading games with unlimited free IAP from the Amazon Underground, and generally being awesome.

You guys who are having some frustrations with Android phones, I've observed some treachery from wireless providers. See, traditionally, I'll root and install a community-developed firmware within a couple of hours of unboxing a new phone; but my wife typically sticks with the stock bloatware. Initially, this is great, as the stock image is thoroughly tested and deployed only when it can provide satisfactory competition with other models. About a year later, it seems that the wireless provider will push an OTA upgrade to a new minor version of Android, at which time things start to fall apart. Crashes, dropped calls, and other instability generally make my wife look forward to the next upgrade. I'm still happy as a pig in poop with my phone, but hers gives her fits. I have a suspicion that Verizon and AT&T do this on purpose to keep their customers dependent upon upgrades. When their customers upgrade, some might be upsold or tricked into abandoning a better plan they were grandfathered into.

I say all that to ask this question. Would a Google Nexus would be a worthwhile solution -- something that can receive its updates straight from Google without the wireless carrier bloatware? I don't think she's keen on my loading "hacked" firmware on her phone, even though my phones traditionally work so much more reliably than hers.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I went the other direction!

Ditched my iPhone 4, moved to S6 Active! Couldn't be happier!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I did all the rooting and custom ROMs way back during the early days of Android EVO 4G (the WIMAX) not the LTE one lol.

It's fun for a while, I just got bored of the Android Ecosystem.

Have owned a Ton of Android Phones:
Evo 4G
Evo 3D (returned after 30 days JUNK)
Motorola Photon
Motorola Razr Maxx (great battery phone)
HTC One (7)
HTC One (8)
Nokia Luma icon (Windows Phone)
LG G3
Samsung Note 4 (current phone)

I have Ipads since Ipad 2 and currently used an Ipad AIR 2. I will not get the Pro, would rather get the Surface 4 when it comes out.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Look Mac! Got this used for my PJ 3.1 setup after looking for a while...Klipsch RC-25

H

hankki

Junior Audioholic
A couple of weeks ago I got a diamond/topaz white gold necklace for my wifes birthday.
Last week I got Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, John Coltrane, John Mayall double and Neil Diamond CD's for about 9 dollar incl tax.
Yesterday I ordered Iron Maiden "The number of the beast" on cd (1987) and Status Quo "In the army" (1986) from Germany through Discogs.

Attachments

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just ordered this clothe drying rack from Amazon.. Sheesh.. how domestic can one get? :oops:

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought the following used vinyl.. the first one actually having never been opened;

and

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
iphone 6s 128GB arrived yesterday. Still no case because most of the big names are still working on putting out a 6s specific case. Thinking about ordering a 6 case to see if it will fit.

Finally shipped. Pro-ject debut carbon USB DC on the block soon

macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
My 6s plus 64 showed up yesterday - got a case from Speck and fits like a glove.

iphone 6s 128GB arrived yesterday. Still no case because most of the big names are still working on putting out a 6s specific case. Thinking about ordering a 6 case to see if it will fit.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I got my 6S Plus 128Gb Space Gray Yesterday:

I always have 2 Cases for my phone:

The Clear Case: Just Ordered from Speck:
http://www.speckproducts.com/apple/iphone-cases/iphone-6-plus-cases/candyshell-clear-iphone-6-plus-cases/IP6P-CS-CLEAR.html#start=1

The OtterBox Commuter Case: (I have used one on almost every phone I have owned)
(My Travel Case: It has saved the life of many of a phone during my time, worth every penny)
http://www.otterbox.com/en-us/iphone-6-6s/commuter-series-case/apl4-amp600-byo.html

I had just picked up my Note 4 when I bought my Audi and I put it on top of the car when I was at the dealer on the moon roof and it slid off fell on the hard tile and didn't have so much as a mark, I was sold

I also spent the money on the ZAGG Glass Screen Protector (30% off still a ripoff) but it has also saved my screen, so what can I say, I am clumsy ;)
http://www.zagg.com/us/en_us/shop-by-device/iphone-6s-accessories/

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I always have 2 Cases for my phone
Funny. My Chinese friends think it's hilarious that Americans pay top dollar for the latest thin, light phones, then put them in bulky heavy cases. To me, the case protects and maybe more importantly, makes the phone easier to handle. But I can see their point.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis