What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Ordered iPad Air2 128Gb for my wife's birthday. Should be here Thursday.

Guess I'm pretty green and naive about this stuff. Took my wife to the Apple Store Saturday, thinking we could walk out with one. Nay nay. Had to come home and order online. When it comes, we'll go back up there and let them copy everything from the old to the new. Been trying to call the store and see if we need to make an appointment. Again, nay nay. Just get the robot man on the phone. Can't seem to make him understand what I want. So I guess we'll just go to the mall again, into the store, and hope somebody can help us before we get poked by something sticking out of somebody's head.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Homelite leaf blower. $32.97 at HD, (not including extension cord).
Would not recommend it for the yard, but perfect for the porch and garage. Lightweight and quiet enough you don't need ear protection. 2 speeds, and slower speed is plenty for deck & garage. So much easier than the big backpack one.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Ordered iPad Air2 128Gb for my wife's birthday. Should be here Thursday.

Guess I'm pretty green and naive about this stuff. Took my wife to the Apple Store Saturday, thinking we could walk out with one. Nay nay. Had to come home and order online. When it comes, we'll go back up there and let them copy everything from the old to the new. Been trying to call the store and see if we need to make an appointment. Again, nay nay. Just get the robot man on the phone. Can't seem to make him understand what I want. So I guess we'll just go to the mall again, into the store, and hope somebody can help us before we get poked by something sticking out of somebody's head.
That's weird. Usually, IME, they have quite a few things in stock that you can just walk out with. When I ordered my last laptop, I went a different route and built it online and then picked it up in store. It was ready same day. That part was pretty cool, getting to customize it and still pick it up.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
That's weird. Usually, IME, they have quite a few things in stock that you can just walk out with.
You're right. They did have a bunch of stuff in stock. I think the problem may be that they just came out with this new iPad. I don't keep up with them, but I think maybe that's it.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That's weird. Usually, IME, they have quite a few things in stock that you can just walk out with.
Same here. I've been to the Cult, er...I mean Apple... store twice - to get my wife's 5S and then my daughter's iPod - and left with the devices each time.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Just saw on the morning news that Apple is now accepting orders for the new Ipad Air. So I guess it is new.
Always thought it strange how the news covers every new Apple release. What an enviable position for any company, that their products are "news". But I'm happy for them. Tim Cook is a good guy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Isn't that the one they said was 100% identical to a model from last year, like literally exactly the same for $200 more?

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Isn't that the one they said was 100% identical to a model from last year, like literally exactly the same for $200 more?
You can't pick it up at the store because it hasn't released yet. Once it is released you will be able to pick up at store, or order online and pick up at store.

The IPad Mini is the exact same as last years model, with 2 very minor differences
1. Finger Print Scanner
2. Comes in Gold

IPad Air 2 does offer a little more
1. Triple Core CPU (confirmed) 40% faster than Air (8X vs 7X CPU)
1b. 2GB OS RAM vs 1GB on AIR
2. Thinner and 30% Lighter
3. 2.5 times faster on the Graphics Side
4. Better Camera with slow motion video now (though who really uses these as cameras?)
5. Adds Wireless AC
6. Removes air gap between screen and display cover, also built to be more usable in direct sunlight
7. Finger Print Scanner

I upgraded to the Air 2 from my Air, just got notice it is shipping. TBH unless you are a power user, there is not a whole lot of motivation to change

Last edited:
H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I upgraded to the Air 2 from my Air, just got notice it is shipping.
Ours should be here tomorrow. It will be our second. The first was the minimum memory offered because we didn't really know if we'd use it or not. Turns out wife loves it and uses it more than her Thinkpad. Last OS upgrade was troublesome because she didn't have enough storage. That, and because it was her birthday and I couldn't think of anything else, is why we ordered a new one. This one is 128Gb... just because I don't have a clue what demands stuff a year or two or three from now will have.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Bought the Underworld Legacy Collection the other day when it was on sale on Amazon. Been wanting it for awhile.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Bought this chinese knockoff Bluetooth speaker for my MP3 Players/Tablet. Sound really good I am shocked. Plays music nice and clean.:cool: The dialogue when watching stuff on the tablet was ultra good too. Can be taken over 20 feet away from the mp3 player and still clear no breakups. Not bad for a $13 speaker that other places charge $50-100 for a brand name. I'm happy:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Broke down and pre-ordered. Especially because it comes out that Monday and we have Tuesday off :D

sgtjim

sgtjim

Junior Audioholic
Wolf tooth single 32 tooth ring and a pair of new Specialized Ground Controls Tires (2.3 front, 2.1 rear) for my Specialized Stumpy 29er. Still waiting for my broke Camber to get replaced, been more than a month now but should be done this week. Will post new stuff once I get that back. Gonna be expensive, for a warranty.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Just bought an Emotiva Stealth DC-1 ADC for a desk at the studio. Might get a second if the first one works out well.

The checkout process was pretty bad. It made sense for me to get the "E-Club" membership for the discounts. They have you add that and checkout first, then you have to return and get the stuff you actually want and then checkout again. The PayPal thing was either not intuitive or broken, so had to use a card. Hopefully the product is better than their website and onboarding.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis