What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm looking for a remote for my second system to consolidate what TV, AVR, VHS/DVD combo as the remote for the VHS/DVD combo really sucks. I've narrowed it down to these:

1) Logitech Harmony 350.. For $50, I can consolidate all my device remotes but it only allows to create one activity which I would use to setup the AVR,VHS/DVD combo, and TV. I can use an existing remote can be used for regular TV viewing.

2) Philips SRP5107 for $23 which allows me to consolidate 7 devices but with no activities which means I would have to select the device I want to control first from the first row of buttons. That row of buttons are back lit too. That maybe a little cumbersome but its a much better layout than teh remote that comes with the VHS/DVD combo player.

Personally, I like this one and it works out very well for me.

AR Acoustic Research ARRX18G Xsight Touch 18 Device Universal Remote Control | eBay

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Unfortunately with the US/Canadian exchange back in US favour, its too expensive.
? The Harmony was $50 and that one with the exchange and free shipping is only $40.42 with the exchange.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
? The Harmony was $50 and that one with the exchange and free shipping is only $40.42 with the exchange.
Your right..but I thought shipping would be extra. I went back into EBAY and saw that it was free. Are these new devices?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Days of Future Past $17.99 on Amazon. Need something to watch once I get the UMC-200 hooked back up and calibrated.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Days of Future Past $17.99 on Amazon. Need something to watch once I get the UMC-200 hooked back up and calibrated.
Preordered this and had it arrive today.

Just discovered the Spectrum series of "books". They showcase the best and brightest of contemporary artists. They're in their 21st year and 21st edition of the book, but I ordered the 2nd edition which featured one of the artists who worked on Ice Age and Finding Nemo.

I also ordered an illustrated edition of Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea.

They should both be arriving with the Frank Cho Method in a week or two. The edition I ordered is below and I believe that's the final cover art as well.

Drawing Beautiful Women: The Frank Cho Method Publisher's Edition -- hardcover with jacket and 16 bonus pages -- Pre-Order - Ships Nov. 1

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I just bought 2 cases of Powers Johns lane 12 year, $528 for 12 bottles!!! I couldn't resist...

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked this up last night

and

I will be returning the remote because I was unable to get the Techncis AVR to respond to it. I believe the AVR won't accept power off/on commands from any remote. I know it won't take poweroff/on commands from the original remote. I will test this with my Logitech as I can add one more device to it. If it works with the logitech, I will buy the logitech or wait and reprogram it for the upstairs when I get the new Harmony for the main system. If it doesn't work, I will buy the lesser Philips remote because I really just want to replace the OEM remote for the combo VHS/DVD player

Last edited by a moderator:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Frank Cho... kinda reminds me of the Vargas girls in old Playboys. Nice.
Yup, I blame Adam for all kickstarter related purchases. They're totally his fault for introducing that horrid place to me.

Speaking of. Adam, if you're out there, have you gotten your e-mail for choosing the leather's on the feel flux stuff yet? Shouldn't be too long now.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked this up last night

I will be returning the remote because I was unable to get the Techncis AVR to respond to it. I believe the AVR won't accept power off/on commands from any remote. I know it won't take poweroff/on commands from the original remote. I will test this with my Logitech as I can add one more device to it. If it works with the logitech, I will buy the logitech or wait and reprogram it for the upstairs when I get the new Harmony for the main system. If it doesn't work, I will buy the lesser Philips remote because I really just want to replace the OEM remote for the combo VHS/DVD player

Well, I'm returning the remote today ... I added the Technics receiver to my Logitech and was able to power it off and on, step through its menus successfully. It actually feels quite nice for a cheap device. However, it doesn't do macros nor are the buttons backlit.

Last edited by a moderator:
slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm not a fan of Apple because of how they used to control music via Itunes garbage. However, I cannot detract from their PCs. They simply work and work well. My daughters have had no issues with them at all and they are going on 3 years now. Congrats :)
Yeah, they work and work well, and are more intuitive than Windows PCs.

But, it comes at a price. They lock it down so much. PCs have more flexibility, but they also tend to give more headaches due to that.

For example, I have never seen a piece of lab equipment running off a Mac.

Matt34

Matt34

I picked it up for school and to do some video editing. I still have a monster PC for gaming and everything else.:D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
4X Anti-glare Matte Screen Protector Film Cover Shield +KIT for 10.1 tablet from ebay.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, they work and work well, and are more intuitive than Windows PCs.

But, it comes at a price. They lock it down so much. PCs have more flexibility, but they also tend to give more headaches due to that.

For example, I have never seen a piece of lab equipment running off a Mac.
That's the trade off; a locked down system that functions as it's designed to do or a 80% stable system that allows one to tinker. Each has a role to play.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis