What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
December 13th for us. Wife's birthday on the 29th, and until last year I had my mom's birthday on the 31st. One thing I learned from the time I started dating the girl who would become my wife is that there will be completely separate gifts for birthday and Christmas (and now anniversary) because growing up she got "combination" gifts every year. I have to make up for her family's sins.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I believe my parents have one of those without the mount and I like it. They bought it themselves, but I would have bought them the one with the mount because it would have made their setup a little easier for me to do.

mannye

mannye

Audioholic Intern

Just brought my early 80's Denon PMA-750 into the 21st century by adding this Outlaw BTR 100 bluetooth adapter. Plugged into the "aux" input and done! Pretty nice.

Last edited:
mannye

mannye

Audioholic Intern
Hmmm I can't seem to get the picture to work... linked to it, and also copied it... oh well it's not like it's a thing of beauty or anything.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
That Disney WOW disk is pretty darn useful. My son has one and I'm grateful he came over with it and calibrated my Samsung TV. Not as big a difference as my other son got out of it with calibrating my old Toshiba Regza, but still a noticeable improvement.

Matt34

Matt34

Thanks for the heads up about this disk. Just ordered it myself for my new 65" LG.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I believe my parents have one of those without the mount and I like it. They bought it themselves, but I would have bought them the one with the mount because it would have made their setup a little easier for me to do.
I bought it and will set it up soon.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
The other day I heard Eric Clapton's "She's Waiting" on XM-Sirius in my car. I thought the drum track sounded pretty cool and I wanted to hear it on my home system. Hmmm....for all the EC work I own, it's not on any CD I own nor any compilation album. And it's not of Tidal Hi-Fi either.

So out on my motorbike today I stopped by the bigger used CD dealer. Looking it up, the song only appeared in the Live Aid show and Clapton's 1985 album "Behind The Sun." As it turns out, Phil Collins played drums on and produced the album. No CD to be had. In the back of the store there's a few hundred LP's.

I came home with this on vinyl for $8.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
LOL...I dun thin so Lucy!

I don't think I exceeded 55 mph anywhere today. Just a little 75-80 mile loop, don't like to ride once the sun starts setting...and that happens earlier and earlier @ this time of year. I just like to get a little seat time and burn off fuel so I can keep it as fresh as possible. If this winter is anything like the deluge of snow we got in 2013 (over 110"), there could be up to 8-10 weeks where I can't get out at all. Today was about 60ºF here, no heated gear needed.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Recent acquisitions have been: -

Channel Master DVR+ 1TB. If you live in the right area this allows for hassle free cord cutting from cable. This unit is superb. My review is here.

As part of the complete TV package I added an Intel NUC. Between the above DVR and this unit for easy and reliable screening you are pretty much covered. Here is my review of the Intel NUC6i5SYK minature HTPC. http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/review-of-intel-nuc6i5syk-minature-htpc-easy-reliable-streaming-for-av.105574/http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/review-of-intel-nuc6i5syk-minature-htpc-easy-reliable-streaming-for-av.105574/

These units provide a fully fledged HTPC in a small footprint and sized package. This is the high road to easy, reliable and convenient streaming.

My Direct TV HD 20 died recently. So I upgraded to the Direct TV Genie system. This is a big improvement over the previous service. My review is here.

Because of difficulties with SlySoft/Red Fox I decided to purchase a region free BD player. It is the Sony S1500RF. My review is here.

As you know I don't add equipment often, so this is a big splurge for me.

I do have Chromecast on all my systems now.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just thought that I would mention this as I seen it in a Black Friday Ad:

https://www.blackfriday.fm/adscan/menards/page/31

If the ad does not display properly the Whalen 3-shelf TV stand is on page 31 for $79! Looks like a very good deal to me. Just thought that I would mention it. Nothing like saving money.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
Just thought that I would mention this as I seen it in a Black Friday Ad:

https://www.blackfriday.fm/adscan/menards/page/31

If the ad does not display properly it The Whalen 3-shelf TV stand is on page 31 for $79! Looks like a very good deal to me. Just thought that I would mention it. Nothing like saving money.
I like to remain sane on black Friday - black Friday speaks to me, now turn over and sleep in.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I like to remain sane on black Friday - black Friday speaks to me, now turn over and sleep in.
Yeah, I feel the same way. Places like Menards it should be easy to get some of their deals w/o being there right at open time. I forgot that 3db is in Canada. Not even sure if there is a Menards in Canada. Guess I should have checked that first.....LOL!!!!!!

Cheers,

Phil

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not in Canada but there isn't a Menard's within 800 miles of me! Lots of them on the border with Canada though. ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis