What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
Also got this...
upload_2016-11-4_8-44-20.png

upload_2016-11-4_8-45-9.png

We have ~1/4 mile gravel driveway winding up through the woods to our house. Got this alarm w/ 4 sensors. Spaced the sensors along the driveway with the closest one close to the house. Linked each sensor to a different channel on the receiver, and gave each channel a different alarm tone. So when a car, or person, comes up the driveway, we hear the different tones go off in succession.

When a deer walks by, we hear the tone for that zone, but if the tones don't progress in succession, we know it's not somebody coming up the driveway.

Have had it for about a month now, and works great. Sensors have a good range, and I put them on trees back in the woods a bit from the driveway. So even if you know they're there, you would have a very hard time seeing them. I did get the range extender just to be sure. Put it near an upstairs window for better line-of-sight to all the sensors. Put the receiver on the TV cabinet right under the TV. So we not only hear the alarms, we see the LEDs light for the zone that was tripped.

This thing is pretty cool.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I got this one...
View attachment 19379
View attachment 19380
It can't inflate a tire, but it's the size of about a half box of cereal, so easy to carry in the car. Got it mainly for my tractor that can sit sometimes for a year between uses. Haven't tried it yet, but should be a lot easier than jumper cables.
I was actually looking for a compact one like that and there are quite a few out there, but when I saw the combo one I figured I'd go with the utility over size. Plus it was a pretty good price.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Went to buy a suit jacket and wound up finding this CD/Record store in the area and got some old LP gems for $3-4 each:

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Been working on a little project for my old man. Because of all the moving around and having things in storage buried, I'm not 100% sure where my right angle clamps are so I splurged for these Bessey clamps I've been lusting after for awhile.

I also thought I'd try those DeWalt trigger clamps. I saw them when they came out and they were supposed to be pretty good. If these work out, I might try out their heavy duty model. These are medium duty, 12".

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I like the looks of that Bessey clamp, already have a couple of the others (in another brand.) Where did you get the Bessey and what can I expect to pay?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I like the looks of that Bessey clamp, already have a couple of the others (in another brand.) Where did you get the Bessey and what can I expect to pay?
Amazon. $20.57 plus tax and shipping at current prices. 5 left in stock.

I've been really happy with the Bessey cabinet clamps I have as well. Expensive, but work extremely well.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I've been really happy with the Bessey cabinet clamps I have as well. Expensive, but work extremely well.
Besseys are the original, but Jet introduced a knock-off with minor improvements about 8 years ago. I have both, and certainly am not going to get rid of my Besseys, but if someone offered to swap them even for Jets, I would! Keep an eye on pricing as both are very good and a good sale on either makes for an easy decision.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=jet+parallel+clamp+set&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=29642196307&hvpos=1t2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6719701263625823264&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011041&hvtargid=kwd-10736157713&ref=pd_sl_3ga43ujr1v_b

http://forums.finewoodworking.com/fine-woodworking-knots/general-discussion/bessey-vs-jet-parallel-clamps

The trigger clamps are very useful as you probably use both hands when assembling/gluing a join, but assuming you can hold it steady with one hand and had the foresight to position the clamp within reach, it is a one-handed job to get the clamp in place. I don't find the heavier trigger clamps that useful because they are, well, heavier. But YMMV depending on your methods. The 6" trigger clamps are especially useful for me. I really only use the trigger clamps to hold things together while I am verifying everything is square, and use "real" clamps for locking in the position and letting the glue set. If the material allows screws, they are my favorite clamps - "glue and screw" is hard to beat for a good bond (but I still use the parallel clamps to set position before the screws).

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Besseys are the original, but Jet introduced a knock-off with minor improvements about 8 years ago. I have both, and certainly am not going to get rid of my Besseys, but if someone offered to swap them even for Jets, I would! Keep an eye on pricing as both are very good and a good sale on either makes for an easy decision.

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=jet+parallel+clamp+set&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=29642196307&hvpos=1t2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6719701263625823264&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9011041&hvtargid=kwd-10736157713&ref=pd_sl_3ga43ujr1v_b

http://forums.finewoodworking.com/fine-woodworking-knots/general-discussion/bessey-vs-jet-parallel-clamps

The trigger clamps are very useful as you probably use both hands when assembling/gluing a join, but assuming you can hold it steady with one hand and had the foresight to position the clamp within reach, it is a one-handed job to get the clamp in place. I don't find the heavier trigger clamps that useful because they are, well, heavier. But YMMV depending on your methods. The 6" trigger clamps are especially useful for me. I really only use the trigger clamps to hold things together while I am verifying everything is square, and use "real" clamps for locking in the position and letting the glue set. If the material allows screws, they are my favorite clamps - "glue and screw" is hard to beat for a good bond (but I still use the parallel clamps to set position before the screws).
I also really like the trigger clamps (speed clamps) for convenience. They are very nice for the tasks that they are designed for.

I also agree on the "glue and screw" method. In general, ANY work that I do, I prefer to have a MECHANICAL Fastener AND a CHEMICAL Fastener. If it is something that needs to be a very robust attachment, then that is always the best approach.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord

I think I've seen those Jet's before. I believe I didn't get them because they were about $70+ more expensive than the Bessey's and the longer clamp in the 4 pack was 10" shorter as well. Definitely look like nice clamps, I'll have to check them out someday.

That's pretty much why I'm getting the trigger clamps. I'm often working by myself and the subs I'm prone to building get pretty unwieldly pretty fast in terms of just fastening two pieces together. My last couple builds were MDF and I hate screwing into MDF if I can help it. I usually just use biscuits in that case. For my current, non-speaker related project, I'll be gluing and screwing as much as I can, but there are a few joints that I'll need to trigger clamp, biscuit, and glue. Another larger project, albeit uncomplicated, that I'm working on by myself so an extra pair of "hands" like the trigger clamps is going to come in handy.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I think I've seen those Jet's before. I believe I didn't get them because they were about $70+ more expensive than the Bessey's and the longer clamp in the 4 pack was 10" shorter as well. Definitely look like nice clamps, I'll have to check them out someday.

That's pretty much why I'm getting the trigger clamps. I'm often working by myself and the subs I'm prone to building get pretty unwieldly pretty fast in terms of just fastening two pieces together. My last couple builds were MDF and I hate screwing into MDF if I can help it. I usually just use biscuits in that case. For my current, non-speaker related project, I'll be gluing and screwing as much as I can, but there are a few joints that I'll need to trigger clamp, biscuit, and glue. Another larger project, albeit uncomplicated, that I'm working on by myself so an extra pair of "hands" like the trigger clamps is going to come in handy.
Wow!
I just checked pricing and I guess I should have bought more of the Jet clamps as an investment when I got mine! I believe they have doubled in price!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Wow!
I just checked pricing and I guess I should have bought more of the Jet clamps as an investment when I got mine! I believe they have doubled in price!
Wow, so they were like $135 for a 4 pack when you got them? At that price I'd pick up a bunch of 4 packs right now. You definitely got a heck of a deal. Camelcamelcamel has them at a low of $215.99 in the past year. Still higher than the Bessey's, but I can see that about 6-7 years ago they were like $133. Dang.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Went by BB today and picked this CD up:

upload_2016-11-7_19-42-43.png

upload_2016-11-7_19-43-57.png

As you can see it was only $5.99. But, had another $5 BB rewards certificate, so it cost me like a little over a$1. Plus, donated a $1 to St. Judes. But, the real reason I was even close to BB was that I needed some new shoes. So, picked these up from my local Shoe Carnival as well:

upload_2016-11-7_19-44-58.png

upload_2016-11-7_19-46-40.png

Be sure to notice that these use memory foam inserts. Feels so good on my feet. Plus, they are as wide as I can find. My foot is not very large, but good Lord they are wide........LOL!!!!!!

upload_2016-11-7_19-47-21.png

Cheers,

Phil

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Ok, I think a lot of people know I have an Iphone 7 Plus with an Apple Watch 2 Nike....Here is my new work phone:

My Free B&O Headphones promo are on their way soon :)

LG V20

Last edited:
fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Got some stuff

Hopefully I should have a little something shipping tomorrow as well. With any luck they'll arrive Saturday.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I only post A-V related stuff I buy, so here's today's delivery. It's a used Bluesound Node N100, off eBay for under $212 shipped, so an even better deal than the black one I recently got from my dealer. I don't need it myself, it'll enhance my son's home system.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis