What are your picks on best loudspeakers ever made?

stevied

stevied

Audioholics Brewmaster
I agree that the large breweries make the most consistent beer.......but that doesn't make it a good beer. A good beer is defined not just by the brewing process, but also the ingredients. And, like others have pointed out, Bud uses rice, while some of the others use corn. Both are considered adjuncts and their only purpose is to convert to fermentable sugar that is cheaper than using actual grain. As for your assessment that microbrewies have quality issues and are not consistent, that is simply not based on fact. What is based on fact is that I've toured and been to more than 2,000 breweries throughout the world from Belgium to England to Canada and throughout the United States. Most of those brewpubs / micro-breweries have put out products that are in a completely different league than anything coming from the big-boys. Just to name a few, Sierra Nevada and Anchor Brewing Company. Remind me again how these micros are not consistent. As for other companies that make consistent products that suck.......here's an abbreviated list.

Dominos Pizza and Pappa Johns both make consistent pizza. It's poop, but at least it's consistent.

Wendy's, Burger King, McDonalds all make consistent "hamburgers." They are poop, but at least they are consistent.

Bose makes consistent speakers. They are poop, but at least they are consistent.

So to assess that just because something is consistent, which in this case you are correct, doesn't mean it is a good product. If you really want to try a light pilsner, which is what Bud is based on, then do your pallet a favor and drink a Pilsner Urquell. In that, you will experience high end grains and noble hops and oh by the way, they have been making it consistent for over 170 years.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Everyone on this thread who is knocking Budweiser knows absolutely nothing about brewing beer. It is kind of sad and you all lose credibility in my mind.
You mean lose credibility in beer knowledge ?

Because beer knowledge has utterly nothing to do with audio knowledge. :D

I don't drink beer or any kind of alcohol. My knowledge of these is zero.

To me, all beers taste bad. :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
You mean lose credibility in beer knowledge ?

Because beer knowledge has utterly nothing to do with audio knowledge. :D

I don't drink beer or any kind of alcohol. My knowledge of these is zero.

To me, all beers taste bad. :)
Your drunk on sound being surrounded by an entire RBH T2 system. No beer is needed :)

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Everyone on this thread who is knocking Budweiser knows absolutely nothing about brewing beer. It is kind of sad and you all lose credibility in my mind. You guys are very knowledgable on stereo but have zero expertise on this matter and are jumping to a bunch of stereo type BS responses. You all have lowered yourselves to nothing more than a dealer selling over priced cables.

I spent 12 years in the beer business and the best brewing companies in the world are the big boys... Bud, Miller, Coors etc. these companies have perfected the process and dialed in a very tight process control. Contrary to what the micro guys want you to know the hardest beer to make is a light beer. This because the ability to control the fermentation is paramount in this process. Micro brewers can not make theses beers because their processes are out of control and inconsistent. They cover up inconsistencies in process control with heavy malt and hops.

No different than putting salt and pepper on crappy food to cover the poor taste.

I like you all but please don't rant about something you know nothing about.

Just my thought as a 12 year brewmaster who has worker in the actual industry just as many of you work in the audio industry.

Budweiser is the king and the best!

They brew with the highest level of ingredients and technology period!!!!! There can not be a debate on this!
I think this is a cultural thing mainly, also with relationship to climate and history.

I think the best description for American beer comes in the preamble to Monty Python's Australian philosophers song.

"American beer is rather like making love in a canoe." "It's f%#$ing close to water!"

I should point out that "pissed" in the English vernacular means drunk, and not upset.

I won't deny enjoying an American beer on a hot afternoon.

However it can't compare with the old breweries of the UK. The beer needs to cellar cool and not pushed up by CO2 but pulled.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Everyone on this thread who is knocking Budweiser knows absolutely nothing about brewing beer. It is kind of sad and you all lose credibility in my mind. You guys are very knowledgable on stereo but have zero expertise on this matter and are jumping to a bunch of stereo type BS responses. You all have lowered yourselves to nothing more than a dealer selling over priced cables.

I spent 12 years in the beer business and the best brewing companies in the world are the big boys... Bud, Miller, Coors etc. these companies have perfected the process and dialed in a very tight process control. Contrary to what the micro guys want you to know the hardest beer to make is a light beer. This because the ability to control the fermentation is paramount in this process. Micro brewers can not make theses beers because their processes are out of control and inconsistent. They cover up inconsistencies in process control with heavy malt and hops.

No different than putting salt and pepper on crappy food to cover the poor taste.

I like you all but please don't rant about something you know nothing about.

Just my thought as a 12 year brewmaster who has worker in the actual industry just as many of you work in the audio industry.

Budweiser is the king and the best!

They brew with the highest level of ingredients and technology period!!!!! There can not be a debate on this!
LOL!

Dude, I have a Chemistry degree and have home brewed for 15 years! Attended local homebrew meetings, and visited craft and big-business breweries. And GABF twice.

If you like poor beer, then more power to you.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
LOL!

Dude, I have a Chemistry degree and have home brewed for 15 years! Attended local homebrew meetings, and visited craft and big-business breweries. And GABF twice.

If you like poor beer, then more power to you.
Unfortunately people do like poor beer even in the UK now. These light Larger, also known as Europiss have become popular, especially among the lager loutettes.

However you can't beat the beers like those of the old breweries like the Adnams one in Southwold. I agree the beer is not as consistent as Bud, but that adds to the local conversation: - How's the beer this week? It was especially good when it use to be delivered by Dray horse.

Another really good pint is from Britain's oldest brewery, Shepherd Neame at Faversham on the Swale. I could see the Kings Ferry Bridge over the Swale from my bedroom window.

It tastes even better if delivered by one of their old Foden steam trucks.

I passed one on the road coming out of Sutton-Valence a few years ago, belching lots of black smoke form the funnel on top of the cab. Wonderful sight!

S

swspiers

Audioholic
The best I have ever heard are the Ohm F's. Once you go Omni with a set like these, it's hard to go back, regardless of price.

S7302360.JPG

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
What's the takeaway message? Beers are like audio in that everyone has his preference? :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
What's the takeaway message? Beers are like audio in that everyone has his preference? :D
Yes and be careful with some beer/speaker companies science as they often misuse the term to justify making a mediocre, though consistent, product.

Last edited:
D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
The best I have ever heard are the Ohm F's. Once you go Omni with a set like these, it's hard to go back, regardless of price.

View attachment 14295
Why are you posting speaker preferences on a beer thread? But since you brought up the subject, the original Walsh drivers had fairly severe ringing problems. But I heard a refined version of the driver in a German speaker (can't retrieve the name) at RMAF, and was extremely impressed.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
First, have to disagree with your comparison's of other products, Budweiser does not happen to be a commodity product or an inexpensive beer, in fact you may read on any label and this will never be legally challenged, "There is no brand produced by any other brewer which costs so much to brew and age". "Our exclusive beechwood aging produces a taste, a smoothness, and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price". No where near McDonalds, or Dominos. A visit to one of their breweries will enlighten you on a process that has made this the number one brand in the world for over the last thirty years in a row. Their quality control, cleanliness of their plants and manufacturing process, is beyond any hipster craft brews in light years. Budweiser has over 2000 recipes that are very similar to many craft brews in taste, body, color and finish. One often ask why they don't make some of these, the answer, it does not sell, and very few people stay loyal. So keep the King of Beers in high regard please. Living and working in St. Louis, The King of Beers has let me afford my audiophile hobby.
Budweiser is an adjunct beer made with rice. It absolutely is analogous to McDonalds, or Dominos.
Budweiser has over 2000 recipes (all below average) so they can maintain a monopoly on shelf space.
You've made mention of " hipster craft brews" there is no such animal. Hipsters hate Craft beer.
The only hipster beer, happens to be another cheap adjunct beer called Pabst Blue Ribbon.
Stick with a subject you know. Foreign owned Budweiser or quality beer isn't one of them.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Most of the micro beers have quality issues and very inconsistent batches of beer. Would you buy any audio product that would give you varied performance on a daily or weekly basis and call it the best. I doubt it. Now when you go to a beer tasting competition you are getting that brewers hand picked best batch they made in the past 6 months. So of course it will be good. But you can not count on the taste profile day after day.

Just my 2 cents..... I actually worked in a brewery managing the brewing
operation and the process control for 12 years so...I guess that doesn't mean much.

Easy tiger.
Sounds like you've been sampling too much of that foreign owned fermented rice water.:p

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yes and be careful with some beer/speaker companies science as they often misuse the term to justify making a mediocre, though consistent, product.
Yup, consistent bad is still bad. :)

It's like the say that practice doesn't make perfect; perfect practice makes perfect. ;)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
LOL!

This is freaking golden! I did a little digging on Anheiser Busch brewery:

Adolphus Busch, who created Budweiser in the 1870s, didn't even like it much, calling it "dot schlop" and preferring wine instead.
http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2013/03/how-budweiser-became-the-king-of-beers-beer-history.html

Even the inventor of Bud knew that this stuff was crap! Hahaha. I wonder if Bose and Dr Dre feel the same about their products?

The truth of the matter is plain and simple. How did Bud become the king of beers:

Busch was the first to pasteurize beer, use refrigerated rail cars, and bottle on a large scale, which made Budweiser the first truly national beer.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-budweiser-became-the-king-of-beers-an-evolution-of-advertising-2012-3?op=1

I am just posting this for anyone that wants to get an education. We obviously have a Bud fanboy in our ranks, and we know that arguing with fanboys is futile.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
I created a "Everything Beer Thread" in the steam vent to prevent derailing this thread any further. :)
Hahahahaha!!! How's that working out for you so far? :D

This is probably the wrong thread, but I'll throw it out there anyway. I have not heard the Ultra $$$ speakers mentioned here, but in my experience the Phil 3s are the best speakers ever made. Question: If a speaker sounds like the speakers/singers/instruments are in the room with you, how can another speaker be better? Maybe another speaker could give that same impression to someone sitting in the 20th row of an auditorium, or could go loud enough for your neighbors to call the law? Is that "better"? If that capability costs another $20k, $50k, $100k, is it still "better"?

To me, the "best" is a real world definition, encompasing all aspects including practicality. And in those terms, I'm not convinced another speaker could be considered "better" than the Phil3s. Plus, that's what I have, and that automatically makes them the best! :p

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
LOL!

This is freaking golden! I did a little digging on Anheiser Busch brewery:

Adolphus Busch, who created Budweiser in the 1870s, didn't even like it much, calling it "dot schlop" and preferring wine instead.
http://drinks.seriouseats.com/2013/03/how-budweiser-became-the-king-of-beers-beer-history.html

Even the inventor of Bud knew that this stuff was crap! Hahaha. I wonder if Bose and Dr Dre feel the same about their products?

The truth of the matter is plain and simple. How did Bud become the king of beers:

Busch was the first to pasteurize beer, use refrigerated rail cars, and bottle on a large scale, which made Budweiser the first truly national beer.

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-budweiser-became-the-king-of-beers-an-evolution-of-advertising-2012-3?op=1

I am just posting this for anyone that wants to get an education. We obviously have a Bud fanboy in our ranks, and we know that arguing with fanboys is futile.
Well I am sure you can always find stories on the internet that will degrade something; that is clearly not an objective report.

I guess I am confused as to why marketing your product is now frowned upon and there for you must be selling crap.

If you really believe that the founder of Budweiser didn't like his own home made recipe then there can be no further debate. That is crazy to think someone could work so hard to grow a product with their name on the label that they did not like.

So I guess BMW and Mercedes make crappy cars now also since they market their products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
If a speaker sounds like the speakers/singers/instruments are in the room with you, how can another speaker be better?
If another speaker sounds "better" to you than the actual live sound. :D

It all comes down to preference.

That's where the term "better than being there" comes in. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis