What are you watching tonight?

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
It's really nice if you can watch Game of Thrones after you have the seasons lined up in your HDD. You know every season finale has a huge cliff hanger. It's unbearable having to wait another year (each April) to find out what happens next (if you don't read the novels :D).
I wish they mad a season 5 of BB (brakeing
Bad.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Friday night and Saturday night I watched the BBC series Jekyll on Netflix. It's only 6 episodes but seems the perfect length to tell an interesting story. Highly recommended.

Jim

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I liked 47 Ronin. Enough to pick it up while I was perusing Fry's Labor Day sales. I think the reviews are too harsh on this one; yes it has some minor flaws, but overall still delivered an entertaining film. Kai's character sort of being the main issue for me since that character isn't part of the original story and that seems fairly obvious.
Yes, i referred to 90s Ronin movie with De Niro.
47 Ronin imdb reviews are quite harsh and I won't normally watch such movies, but now i have plenty of time and will give it a shot. Maybe

Btw: "hell on wheels" is growing on me nicely

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Friday night and Saturday night I watched the BBC series Jekyll on Netflix. It's only 6 episodes but seems the perfect length to tell an interesting story. Highly recommended.

Jim
Love British tv shows.
Have you seen Endeavor?
Foyl's war?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Just watched Tennessee beat Utah State 38-7. Go Vols!

Last edited by a moderator:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Of course the book was more thorough, and it better illustrated the tedium of Ender's struggles. There was also a pretty significant sub-plot in the book centered around Peter and Valentine (Ender's siblings) which was thoroughly ignored by the movie. However, the movie did employ some impressive eye candy, and it didn't deviate too much from the 20% or so of the book it summarized. If you enjoyed the movie, I think you'd doubly enjoy the book. But not the rest of the series. The first book is the only one in the series worth reading.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Of course the book was more thorough, and it better illustrated the tedium of Ender's struggles. There was also a pretty significant sub-plot in the book centered around Peter and Valentine (Ender's siblings) which was thoroughly ignored by the movie. However, the movie did employ some impressive eye candy, and it didn't deviate too much from the 20% or so of the book it summarized. If you enjoyed the movie, I think you'd doubly enjoy the book. But not the rest of the series. The first book is the only one in the series worth reading.
I have to agree. I read the whole series twice. Probably won't read them again.

The movie was cool for what it was. It really focussed on how Ender was manipulated and what he had to go through. Knowing that a novel is really too big to summarize in a 2 hour screenplay, they did a pretty good job of picking the right parts.

Jim

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
I'm watching From Dusk Till Dawn. I'm on e5, and, its not bad, but, not great either.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Forget From Dusk Till Dawn the series. I really loved the movie so I gave the series a chance. All it is is a remake of the movie but with about 6 extra hours of unneeded exposition and less interesting characters. I kept hoping it would get better, but it never did. None of the characters are as good as the movie, they are all dull versions of the same people. Stick with the movie, trust me.

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
Forget From Dusk Till Dawn the series. I really loved the movie so I gave the series a chance. All it is is a remake of the movie but with about 6 extra hours of unneeded exposition and less interesting characters. I kept hoping it would get better, but it never did. None of the characters are as good as the movie, they are all dull versions of the same people. Stick with the movie, trust me.
I'll take your advise on this. I started watching the next episode and..yeah.. it's half way through the season and they're just replaying the same thing with maybe mobile phones added heh.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Watched the whole season 01 of True Detective over the holiday weekend. What an awesome show! Definitely belong in top 5 shows of all times IMO.

Can't wait for s02. I guess every season will feature all new characters and new settings.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I completed Season 1 of Arrow. Season two is not yet available on Netflix.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis