What are you listening to now?

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Damien Rice - Blowers Daughter

Funny how something so simple can reach you in a way this song does. Soundtrack to the movie "Closer". Good movie.

Check him out. here

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
...my cat hacking up a hairball!

I just love that... not!

H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
Recently ordered and received the cd 'Outcast of the Island' a solo effort by Colin Bass, bass player for the longtime prog band Camel. Good stuff, some of it quite Camel-like, some of it not. Founding member of Camel, guitarist Andy Latimer, appears on a few tracks sounding, as usual a bit like David Gilmour. This cd hasn't left the player for days, a must have for Camel fans, if you can find it.

S

s2pdname

Junior Audioholic
Currently shuffling through an assortment of Green Day, The Offspring, and Boxcar Racer.

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
Queensryche-the art of live on DVD video. It's pretty good. Not the best recording ever, but it rocks once the speaks are properly set up.

H

hillbill

Audioholic
I am listening to some new stuff I received yesterday:

WILCO - A Ghost Is Born
INCUBUS - A Crow Left Of The Murder
LARRY CARLTON - Deep Into It
IRON MAIDEN - Fear Of The Dark :cool: :D

The Larry Carlton CD is my first experience with his stuff. I had heard his work on Steely Dan records (?) but this is my first cd of his. Good stuff. I may buy more.

G

GettinDegreez

Junior Audioholic
I'm am currently enjoying the Coheed and Cambria CDs, I'm going through them over and over trying to decifer the story.

I've also started listining to Jimi Hendrix, I just got the Voodoo Child double CD the other day and it's good stuff.

J

jbracing24

Junior Audioholic
While surfing Audioholics

Net radio...radioioambient

20to20K

Full Audioholic
More Larry Carlton...

hillbill said:
I am listening to some new stuff I received yesterday:

WILCO - A Ghost Is Born
INCUBUS - A Crow Left Of The Murder
LARRY CARLTON - Deep Into It
IRON MAIDEN - Fear Of The Dark :cool: :D

The Larry Carlton CD is my first experience with his stuff. I had heard his work on Steely Dan records (?) but this is my first cd of his. Good stuff. I may buy more.
You may want to check out "Sapphire Blue" by Larry Carlton. Very nice...his best solo work in years IMO. Don't know Deep Into it...is it new?

I bought the debut release of "Blues Travelers" on CD recently. It is SLAMMIN!
I think it's their best CD I've heard. I also have "Four" and "Straight Till Morning" and this one blows both of them away.

Also been listening to "Birds of a Feather". An all-star tribute to Charlie Parker featuring Kenny Garrett, Roy Hargrove, Roy Haynes, Dave Holland, and David
Kikowski. Awesome straight-ahead jazz.

Played one of my old favorites the other day...The Chick Corea Akoustic Band CD from 1988. Corea, Pattituchi, and Weckl playing standards. Cool! :cool:

R

rschleicher

Audioholic
Alvin Lee

Aspaceintime,

Were you implying that you saw Alvin Lee playing live someplace in Tennessee, or just that you were in Tennessee, listening to some Alvin Lee albums?

I haven't really followed Alvin Lee since college (mid-70's), and don't know much about any post-Ten Years After music, other than the album he did with Mylon Lefevre (spelling?). I've always like his playing, and felt that TYA was somewhat under-rated as a band. Seeing TYA live was also a treat.

Speaking of Lee's, I also like the guitar playing of Albert Lee quite a bit - I got introduced to him via some guest-solos he has done on various Dave Edmunds songs (one prime example being "Sweet Little Lisa" off of Edmunds' "Repeat When Necessary" album. Very tasteful rockabilly.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes. Best of Bowie Disk 2.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
the blood brothers

im listening ot the blood brothers, and ones that cd is done, system of a downs new cd.

hint: the signature is the song lryics(whole song) from a blood brothers song called Guitarmy. Its the intro song so thats why its short.

John S

John S

Audioholic Intern
jaxvon said:
Keith Jarret - The Out of Towners

Another great live album by Jarret's trio. After hearing this album, I have now put every Jarret Album I can find on my Amazon wish list. I know where my money is going when I get some extra cash :cool:
An extremely talented musician. My introduction to Keith Jarrett was with the Charles Lloyd quartet. Back in '69, I remember driving the desert of southern New Mexico, where I was stationed, with Lloyd's "Live at Monterey" in the 8-track player. Barely nineteen when this album was released, Jarrett was playing like a pro twice his age....

Attachments

J

JJMP50

Full Audioholic
Fourplay

Lately I've been listening to a lot of "Cool" jazz (hate that description), particularly Fourplay. Guitar:Lee Ritenour/Larry Carlton Keyboards: Bob James Base: Nathan East (Clapton's Bassist) Drums: Harvey Mason

Not a bad line up. Sound quality is great.

20to20K

Full Audioholic
Bird said:
Lately I've been listening to a lot of "Cool" jazz (hate that description), particularly Fourplay. Guitar:Lee Ritenour/Larry Carlton Keyboards: Bob James Base: Nathan East (Clapton's Bassist) Drums: Harvey Mason

Not a bad line up. Sound quality is great.
I'm not a huge Fourplay fan...but I do have their first CD "Fourplay" and recently bought the same on DVD-A and the sound IS incredible.

They are definitely some of the better "Smooth Jazz" artist sthat real
jazz fans have to put up with just to hear jazz on the radio. I find the local college or public radio stations...towards the beginning of the dial ten to play a better selection of real jazz...and will throw in some acceptable smooth stuff like Fourplay, Dave Sanborn, and Joe Sample once in a while.

BTW...if you like Ritenour...he's got a great live CD called "Live in LA".
Check it out...it's excellent!

As far as what I've been listening to lately? Bought a Roy Haynes CD.
Birds of a Feather, featuring Dave Holland, Kenny Garrett, Roy Hargrove
and it is outstanding. Also threw some old Coltrane in the CD changer when Elvin Jones died a couple months back and they're still in there! A Love
Supreme, Coltrane, Favorite Things, Ascension. Finally...bought the new
Dual Disk (DVD on one side/CD on the other) of Miles Davis Kind of Blue.
Has a 5.1 24 bit mix, and 2 channel...plus nice documentary of the making of the historic album on the DVD side with interviews and film footage from the studio. Now that's cool! :cool:

A

AngelusNexx

Junior Audioholic
jaxvon said:
Raffi - Banana Phone (on endless repeat in Winamp)

Not bad swing, especially for a kid's song.
:D That song is sweet.

Currently listening to...

Him - Deep Shadows and Brilliant Lights

and

Canon and gigue, 3 violins & continuo in D major.

Only problem is Im listening to it from some Bose Triports :(

Dont worry they were free.

Im in the middle of buying my first entry level audiophile system so I have nothing to listen to music on except my computer. Double :mad:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis