What are you listening to now?

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
I'm listening to Al DiMeola's The Infinite Desire, track 10 Race with Devil on Turkish Highway. Wow that man can play the h@## out of a guitar. The song is quite a journey. Lots of different textures.

S

slmcdonald7

Junior Audioholic
Sigur Ros's ( ) album. Great for studying.

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
Brahms Symphony #3: Kurt Sanderling, Staatskapelle Dresden.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Listening to the new Bjork alblum: Medulla. I like it!

-Chris

Polkfan said:
I'm listening to Al DiMeola's The Infinite Desire, track 10 Race with Devil on Turkish Highway. Wow that man can play the h@## out of a guitar. The song is quite a journey. Lots of different textures.

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
One two year old screeming, a five year old saying "I want some ice cream, and one wife nagging. St. Pauli Girl Conducting the trio.

P

Pat D

Audioholic
Schubert, Piano Trio in E Flat, D. 929, Stuttgart Piano Trio, Naxos 8.550132. I had been told this is a very fine work, but I had no recording of it, so I bought it. Well, actually, Borders was offering a deal of buy 3, get the 4th one free, so I thought I'd try this one. It is an interesting work and it seems to be a very fine performance, too.

I've been listening to some of the Tintner Memorial Edition discs on Naxos, commemorating the late conductor and educator, Georg Tintner. It's a series of 12 CDs, 10 with Symphony Nova Scotia and 2 with the Canadian National Youth Orchestra. I found three locally and another 5 on a trip on the Labor Day weekend. The ones I have heard so far are very good to excellent. Earlier tonight, I played Volume 6, Beethoven's Symphony No. 3, the Eroica, and Sibelius Symphony No. 7. The Eroica is a very good chamber orchestra performance recorded in 1988. The real surprise was the splendid recording of Sibelius' Symphony No. 7 recorded in 1999, the year Tintner died. The recording is audiophile quality, simply stunning. I think this is the best recording of Sibelius' Seventh I have ever heard--though I suppose I will have to listen again to some others before I am sure of that.

Last edited:
H

Hawkeye

Full Audioholic
Mudcat said:
One two year old screeming, a five year old saying "I want some ice cream, and one wife nagging. St. Pauli Girl Conducting the trio.
Classic!! :)

On the way to work this morning, I popped in ELO's cd "Time" I haven't listened to this cd in a good long time. After all these years I can say, Its held up well.

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
Mudcat said:
Jack Daniels is a fine conductor for those situations, too.

annunaki

annunaki

Tool, "Undertow" and "Lateralus" lately. I have also found a recent affinity for Soundgarden's "Superunknown". I also have been digging AM talk radio. Probably because I have not installed a new stereo into my vehicle yet. :( I think I'll post some pictures when I do it.

Last edited:
P

Polkfan

Audioholic
Mudcat said:
I can certainly relate as I have 4 little ones as well (3 gilrs and one boy). I have learned to tune it out pretty well (or I just turn the volume up). :p

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
Rip Van Woofer said:
Brahms Symphony #3: Kurt Sanderling, Staatskapelle Dresden.

Very good symphony that is. I have the 3rd by the Berlin Philharmonic conducted by Hurbert Von Karajan on Deutche Grammaphon. Listening to it now. It is a collection on two CDs of his first four symphonies.

PatD said:
Schubert, Piano Trio in E Flat, D. 929, Stuttgart Piano Trio, Naxos 8.550132.....Earlier tonight, I played Volume 6, Beethoven's Symphony No. 3, the Eroica, and Sibelius Symphony No. 7. The Eroica is a very good chamber orchestra performance recorded in 1988. The real surprise was the splendid recording of Sibelius' Symphony No. 7 recorded in 1999.
I like all of the composers you are listening to as well. Schubert's ninth is one of my favorites. I have Sibelius' Symphonies 1,2 and 4 on CD. Never heard his 7th. I shall pick up next time I'm out. Really like Beethoven's 3rd too. :cool:

Last edited:
O

outsider

Audioholic
I was listening to Marilyn Manson's Holy Wood on my commute home. It's really a very good album.
Before that was some Pink Floyd and Tool.

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
annunaki said:
I also have been digging AM talk radio. Probably because I have not installed a new stereo into my vehicle yet. :( I think I'll post some pictures when I do it.
If you need any help, sugestions, or questions on that, let me know. It's my specialty. :D

Anberlin - Glass To The Arson

Paul

S

spenny

Audioholic Intern
Right now, I am currently listening to Una Mattina by Ludovico Einaudi.
:)

S

spenny

Audioholic Intern
annunaki said:
Tool, "Undertow" and "Lateralus" lately. I have also found a recent affinity for Soundgarden's "Superunknown". I also have been digging AM talk radio. Probably because I have not installed a new stereo into my vehicle yet. :( I think I'll post some pictures when I do it.
Lateralus is brilliant.
'Engineered Rock'

Karp

Karp

Audioholic
I'm listening to George Strait. I think I am just about the only one on this forum who primarily listens to country music.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I'm not a big fan of country, but I will say Johnny Cash is The Man.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
R.E.M. In Time, the best of .......

G

Gerald

Audioholic Intern
Right now, and already few days ago, I've been listening to Nancy Sinatra's latest album called "Nancy Sinatra" by Sanctuary. It's Wonderful !

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis