what are you drinking right now ?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
My wife and I will be remodeling our kitchen at some point in the future, including new appliances. When that happens, I'll be getting the crappy old fridge for my beer :D

I've only had one beer from Southern Star - Bombshell Blonde. I want to try Black Crack and Buried Hatchet so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I don't think I've had any of the Left Hand offerings. In regards to their nitro stuff, I think I should be able to have the coffee porter and imperial stout. I really shouldn't try the milk stout due to the lactose but I might get brave enough to try some day. I do have a chocolate stout from Shannon Brewing in Keller that I haven't tried yet. I think it has around 22+g of lactose in it so it's very risky lol.

So far my favorite is probably the Barrel-aged Community Legion. It's very hard to choose though. Founders Imperial Stout and North Coast Old Rasputin are also excellent. Old Rasputin is easy to find and cheap. $8 for 4 vs $18/4 (BA Legion) / $13/4 (Founders). The Epic Big Bad Baptist was also very good as were Sierra Nevada Narwhal and BA Narwhal. Regular Legion is also pretty good. Hard to choose :(

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
My wife and I will be remodeling our kitchen at some point in the future, including new appliances. When that happens, I'll be getting the crappy old fridge for my beer :D

I've only had one beer from Southern Star - Bombshell Blonde. I want to try Black Crack and Buried Hatchet so I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I don't think I've had any of the Left Hand offerings. In regards to their nitro stuff, I think I should be able to have the coffee porter and imperial stout. I really shouldn't try the milk stout due to the lactose but I might get brave enough to try some day. I do have a chocolate stout from Shannon Brewing in Keller that I haven't tried yet. I think it has around 22+g of lactose in it so it's very risky lol.

So far my favorite is probably the Barrel-aged Community Legion. It's very hard to choose though. Founders Imperial Stout and North Coast Old Rasputin are also excellent. Old Rasputin is easy to find and cheap. $8 for 4 vs $18/4 (BA Legion) / $13/4 (Founders). The Epic Big Bad Baptist was also very good as were Sierra Nevada Narwhal and BA Narwhal. Regular Legion is also pretty good. Hard to choose :(
Buried Hatchet is VERY good, IMO.

I also like the Pinebelt Pale Ale, a hoppy american ale all the way.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord

Yeah Old Rasputin is my go to stout these days due the price point. I've not tried legion yet will have too. Left Hand Nitro is probably my favorite stout, but I had it first off the tap when it just came out so I have no idea if the quality has changed at all.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Legion should be easy enough to find. The BA version is a special release so I dunno how much longer it'll be on shelves.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Tried this last night. Still not a big fan of IPAs. I'll try a couple more though :)

Visited my grandparents again tonight:

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Tried this last night. Still not a big fan of IPAs. I'll try a couple more though :)

Visited my grandparents again tonight:
Do you get Austin Beer Works in the big D area? If you do, the Fire Eagle is excellent!

The Deep Ellum IPA isn't too shabby either, similar to fire eagle, just not quite on the same level.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Do you get Austin Beer Works in the big D area? If you do, the Fire Eagle is excellent!

The Deep Ellum IPA isn't too shabby either, similar to fire eagle, just not quite on the same level.
I don't recall seeing it around but I've never looked for it. I'll keep my eyes peeled :)

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I don't recall seeing it around but I've never looked for it. I'll keep my eyes peeled :)
In my younger days, I was a big Stout and Porter drinker.

Now, IPA is my preferred drink!

Now, my GF loves stouts and porters.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
I have tried a handful of IPAs over the last few years and I just don't care much for em so far. I love stouts and porters, especially the strong ones. Belgian quads and strong dark ales are also something I really enjoy.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
This thread has been too beer heavy lately. :D

A very nice $12.00 Washington State Merlot. Merlot has less tannin than a Cabernet so they are easier to drink and often more appealing to people. Less tannin mean less dry to the palate. Merlots are still nice medium to full bodied wine.

For $12.00, this is a great wine.

Velvet Devil Merlot.

20160402_182906-1-1.jpg

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Earl Grey Tea, hot, with a little rock candy sugar. :eek: (much to TLS Guy's chagrin I'm sure.:D)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis