highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Yeah, these guys are producing some of the best vinyl today

http://analogueproductions.com/

Some of it is pricey though.

I have paid $50 each for 2 records new from them. Getz/Gilberto and Louis/Ella.

I will very rarely pay more than about $20 for any vinyl, but these were $ well spent!
I just called the Sony parts fulfillment company to see if they have head shells for my turntable and she told me that she made her husband get rid of his vinyl- said it was in their Florida garage for years and some of it had never been opened. He left it all at the curb.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I just called the Sony parts fulfillment company to see if they have head shells for my turntable and she told me that she made her husband get rid of his vinyl- said it was in their Florida garage for years and some of it had never been opened. He left it all at the curb.
Wow :rolleyes: :confused:

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Amazon.com is offering Buy 2 Get 1 Free on Select Vinyl Albums. Shipping is free with Prime or if you spend $35 or more.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I stumbled over an interesting link showing a composite "video" of many scanning electron micrographs of a phonograph needle traveling through an audio groove.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/audio/a16081/video-record-player-needle/

Those "record groves" look rather idealized, no dust, no dirt, no scratches or nicks.
Pretty cool.

Personally, I see some black "flecks" over on the right side that look like imperfections from manufacturing (to my untrained eye).

I also like that he showed Switched on Bach, one of my favorite vinyls!

No dust or dirt, you have a point, it is very likely that the images were taken in a clean-room environment. It's pretty common to put these types of instruments in a clean-room to avoid those problems.

C

class a

Junior Audioholic
Barnes & Noble has expanded their LP Record section to 25 ft. Picked up Leon Bridges Album "Coming Home". Has a style very similar to the late Sam Cooke. Top track Brown Skin Girl.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I picked up a Johnny Winters vinyl at Half Price Books for $3!!!

Great condition, you can't beat that!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I was talking to my Dynaudio rep a few days ago and he commented on an article he had read, regarding vinyl sales and manufacturing. Sales doesn't precisely show the number of discs made and last year, it was in the 33 million range. One company saying they want to make one million pressings is squat, compared with the total output.

Also, the number of used records sold should be accounted for separately, IMO.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis