slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Those look really nice.
yeah...they had a followup today. Seems that a company called Audio Wood already has patents on that design. Oddly, they were also using Rega parts too.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm sure they are paying some sort of fee to Rega ;)
Dunno about that.

If they are paying retail pricing on a new TT and gutting it, then they proble already paid Rega.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Do you think they are doing that or simply buy the raw components from Rega?
Dunno, hard to say.

My best guess is they probly buy retail. I would think Rega might frown upon this.

But, Rega might sell the parts, assuming that the order was big enough to make it worth the effort.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
:confused:
https://www.yahoo.com/makers/why-this-record-stores-750-lps-are-hot-sellers-112730604250.html

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here's the real gem:

Demagnetize your speakers and cables. “The difference in sound before and after is almost shocking,” he writes.

Really? What a D-bag.

Good luck demagnetizing your speakers. That's a trick you would only do once, considering your speakers work using the concepts of electro-magnetism and have a freaking permanent magnet attached :eek:
Yeah I would love to put a 1000v through those cables with the reviewer tied to the other end. Oops :eek: Did I just say that out loud? :oops:

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
If you didn't know, Saturday 04/19/2015 is the annual "Record Store Day".

http://www.recordstoreday.com/

I've never been to one personally, I prefer to browse on my own time when the stores aren't crowded. I would expect a hipster parade :D

But there are usually many special releases pressed just for RSD, so be on the lookout for those!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
If you didn't know, Saturday 04/19/2015 is the annual "Record Store Day".

http://www.recordstoreday.com/

I've never been to one personally, I prefer to browse on my own time when the stores aren't crowded. I would expect a hipster parade :D

But there are usually many special releases pressed just for RSD, so be on the lookout for those!
Since you mentioned hipsters (and I really can't imagine why anyone would want to be one), this is the first comment on the link for the Walnut slab turntable- "Where is my artisanal electric harpsichord made out of 1950's Tour de France bikes? Get on it hipsters."

Yesterday afternoon, I went to a record store for the first time in years. I was a bit surprised by some of the prices, but then, I worked for a stereo store that sold records, so I was accustomed to seeing wholesale prices. Not sure I want to fire up $50 for Quadrophenia, although I do realize that production and quantities of original pressings are limited. I remember some of the end-run vinyl from old stampers being terrible because they used them for too long and the wear left noise, bad detail and generally bad sound.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Since you mentioned hipsters (and I really can't imagine why anyone would want to be one), this is the first comment on the link for the Walnut slab turntable- "Where is my artisanal electric harpsichord made out of 1950's Tour de France bikes? Get on it hipsters."

Yesterday afternoon, I went to a record store for the first time in years. I was a bit surprised by some of the prices, but then, I worked for a stereo store that sold records, so I was accustomed to seeing wholesale prices. Not sure I want to fire up $50 for Quadrophenia, although I do realize that production and quantities of original pressings are limited. I remember some of the end-run vinyl from old stampers being terrible because they used them for too long and the wear left noise, bad detail and generally bad sound.
Yeah, these guys are producing some of the best vinyl today

http://analogueproductions.com/

Some of it is pricey though.

I have paid $50 each for 2 records new from them. Getz/Gilberto and Louis/Ella.

I will very rarely pay more than about $20 for any vinyl, but these were $ well spent!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis