Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just discovered this today, COOL.

Hahahaha!!! That wouldn't distract from driving at all. :D I like how the albums are sitting on top of each other (and haven't slid all over the place). I'm guessing that was just a concept photo, but I wonder how they'd avoid a lot of skipping without forcing the cartridge onto the album.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I guess the car cassette, 8 track and CD's were fashioned after it. I wonder if this took off and was it just for the wealthy? Maybe this was from Europe? TLS guy?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
In the first photo, there appears to be a tape deck already. In that second photo, that's some sort of aftermarket rig - check out the bungee cord holding it on. :D

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I guess the car cassette, 8 track and CD's were fashioned after it. I wonder if this took off and was it just for the wealthy? Maybe this was from Europe? TLS guy?
This car record deck was not a concept. I have seen them on a number of occasions. I took this picture at the 10,000 lakes-Concours-d'Elegance, last summer at Excelsior Minnesota, on Lake Minnetonka.

As far as tape players, the first was the Muntz Cassette, designed, by "Mad Man" Muntz of California. It was actually well engineered and four track, but lost out to the dreadful 8 track on grounds of cost and more playing time. Muntz cassettes go for a fortune on eBay when they come up.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks TLS There would have been alot of skipping for sure. Still cool to see. Nice for a picnic though. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Happy 65th anniversary to the 45 RPM record player!

It was on this date in 1949 that RCA first introduced the 45 RPM record player.

Last edited by a moderator:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
It looks a nice turntable, it is a pity they chose that high output moving coil cartridge.

That output is on 2.5 mv. That is 3db lower than the lowest output MM cartridges and about 6 db lower than most. That low output will not work well with receivers, so they will need a high gain pre amp with superior signal to noise. I think they could have picked a better MM that would have avoided this, plus the stylus would be user replaceable. I think it is audiophool nonsense that MC cartridges are inherently better then MM types, in fact I think the reverse is true.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
It looks a nice turntable, it is a pity they chose that high output moving coil cartridge.

That output is on 2.5 mv. That is 3db lower than the lowest output MM cartridges and about 6 db lower than most. That low output will not work well with receivers, so they will need a high gain pre amp with superior signal to noise. I think they could have picked a better MM that would have avoided this, plus the stylus would be user replaceable. I think it is audiophool nonsense that MC cartridges are inherently better then MM types, in fact I think the reverse is true.
Thank you Dr. Mark for this statement, this can be easily overlooked for a first timer looking to get into a decent TT, I'm also glad there are others like yourself that feel that way about MMs vrs. MCs, I've had my Sota Sapphire 111 since 1986 and agree that MM carts have always sounded better to me regardless of arms, so thank you Sir for giving credence to what I believe and have for such a long time. That is the exact weight of my Sota.
Cheers Jeff ;)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I picked these two gems up at a local used vinyl shop...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
:cool:
[h=1]Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Albums With Unreleased Material[/h] [h=2]Beginning of series of reissues of entire catalog[/h] [h=4]By <a href="http://pitchfork.com/staff/jenn-pelly/"><address>Jenn Pelly</address> on March 13, 2014 at 10:37 a.m.[/h]

On June 3, the first three Led Zeppelin albums will be reissued in deluxe remastered editions: 1969's Led Zeppelin and Led Zeppelin II and 1970's Led Zeppelin III. Guitarist Jimmy Page handled the remastering. The reissues will be available in a range of digital, CD, vinyl, and deluxe box sets through Atlantic/Swan Song, accompanied by previously unreleased bonus tracks including rough mixes, backing tracks, alternative versions, and new songs.

This marks the beginning of a Led Zeppelin reissues campaign that will see the rerelease of all nine of the band's studio albums, each remastered by Page with era-appropriate bonus tracks.
The Super Deluxe Boxed Set for each album will feature both discs on CD and vinyl, a download card of all audio, a 70+ page hardcover book with rare and unseen photos, and a print of the original LP cover. The Led Zeppelin box set will also include a reproduction of their first press kit. Read the full details here.
The bonus material for Led Zeppelin includes an unreleased live set recorded in Paris on October 10, 1969. Led Zeppelin II features alternate mixes, backing tracks, and a previously unreleased song called "La La". And Led Zeppelin III is accompanied by studio outtakes and three unheard tracks: the instrumentals "Jennings Farm Blues" and "Bathroom Sound", plus their cover of blues classic "Keys to the Highway/Trouble in Mind".
Watch Led Zeppelin play a full set live at the Royal Albert Hall in 1970, after the tracklist.
Led Zeppelin:
Disc 1:
01 Good Times Bad Times
02 Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
03 You Shook Me
04 Dazed and Confused
05 Your Time Is Gonna Come
06 Black Mountain Side
07 Communication Breakdown
08 I Can't Quit You Baby
09 How Many More Times

Disc 2: Live At The Olympia - Paris, France, October 10, 1969:
01 Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown
02 I Can't Quit You Baby
03 Heartbreaker
04 Dazed and Confused
05 White Summer/Black Mountain Side
06 You Shook Me
07 Moby ****
08 How Many More Times

Led Zeppelin II:
Disc 1:
01 Whole Lotta Love
02 What Is and What Should Never Be
03 The Lemon Song
04 Thank You
05 Heartbreaker
06 Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman)
07 Ramble On
08 Moby ****
09 Bring It on Home

Disc 2:
01 Whole Lotta Love (alternate mix)
02 What Is and What Should Never Be (alternate mix)
03 Thank You (backing track)
04 Heartbreaker (alternate mix)
05 Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman) (backing track)
06 Ramble On (alternate mix)
07 Moby **** (alternate mix)
08 La La (previously unreleased)

Led Zeppelin III:
Disc 1:
01 Immigrant Song
02 Friends
03 Celebration Day
04 Since I've Been Loving You
05 Out on the Tiles
06 Gallows Pole
07 Tangerine
08 That's the Way
09 Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
10 Hats Off to (Roy) Harper

Disc 2:
01 The Immigrant Song (studio outtake)
02 Friends (studio outtake)
03 Celebration Day (studio outtake)
04 Since I've Been Loving You (studio outtake)
05 Bathroom Sound (previously unreleased instrumental version of "Out on the Tiles")
06 Gallows Pole (studio outtake)
07 That's the Way (studio outtake)
08 Jennings Farm Blues (previously unreleased instrumental forerunner to "Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp")
09 Keys to the Highway/Trouble in Mind (previously unreleased rendition of blues standards)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
:cool:
Led Zeppelin to Reissue First Three Albums With Unreleased Material

Beginning of series of reissues of entire catalog

By <a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'pitchfork.com', '/staff/jenn-pelly/']);" rel="nofollow" href="http://pitchfork.com/staff/jenn-pelly/"><address>Jenn Pelly</address> on March 13, 2014 at 10:37 a.m.

On June 3, the first three
Led Zeppelin albums will be reissued in deluxe remastered editions: 1969's Led Zeppelin and Led Zeppelin II and 1970's Led Zeppelin III. Guitarist Jimmy Page handled the remastering. The reissues will be available in a range of digital, CD, vinyl, and deluxe box sets through Atlantic/Swan Song, accompanied by previously unreleased bonus tracks including rough mixes, backing tracks, alternative versions, and new songs.

This marks the beginning of a Led Zeppelin reissues campaign that will see the rerelease of all nine of the band's studio albums, each remastered by Page with era-appropriate bonus tracks.
The Super Deluxe Boxed Set for each album will feature both discs on CD and vinyl, a download card of all audio, a 70+ page hardcover book with rare and unseen photos, and a print of the original LP cover. The Led Zeppelin box set will also include a reproduction of their first press kit. Read the full details here.
The bonus material for Led Zeppelin includes an unreleased live set recorded in Paris on October 10, 1969. Led Zeppelin II features alternate mixes, backing tracks, and a previously unreleased song called "La La". And Led Zeppelin III is accompanied by studio outtakes and three unheard tracks: the instrumentals "Jennings Farm Blues" and "Bathroom Sound", plus their cover of blues classic "Keys to the Highway/Trouble in Mind".
Watch Led Zeppelin play a full set live at the Royal Albert Hall in 1970, after the tracklist.
Led Zeppelin:
Disc 1:
01 Good Times Bad Times
02 Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
03 You Shook Me
04 Dazed and Confused
05 Your Time Is Gonna Come
06 Black Mountain Side
07 Communication Breakdown
08 I Can't Quit You Baby
09 How Many More Times

Disc 2: Live At The Olympia - Paris, France, October 10, 1969:
01 Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown
02 I Can't Quit You Baby
03 Heartbreaker
04 Dazed and Confused
05 White Summer/Black Mountain Side
06 You Shook Me
07 Moby ****
08 How Many More Times

Led Zeppelin II:
Disc 1:
01 Whole Lotta Love
02 What Is and What Should Never Be
03 The Lemon Song
04 Thank You
05 Heartbreaker
06 Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman)
07 Ramble On
08 Moby ****
09 Bring It on Home

Disc 2:
01 Whole Lotta Love (alternate mix)
02 What Is and What Should Never Be (alternate mix)
03 Thank You (backing track)
04 Heartbreaker (alternate mix)
05 Living Loving Maid (She's Just a Woman) (backing track)
06 Ramble On (alternate mix)
07 Moby **** (alternate mix)
08 La La (previously unreleased)

Led Zeppelin III:
Disc 1:
01 Immigrant Song
02 Friends
03 Celebration Day
04 Since I've Been Loving You
05 Out on the Tiles
06 Gallows Pole
07 Tangerine
08 That's the Way
09 Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
10 Hats Off to (Roy) Harper

Disc 2:
01 The Immigrant Song (studio outtake)
02 Friends (studio outtake)
03 Celebration Day (studio outtake)
04 Since I've Been Loving You (studio outtake)
05 Bathroom Sound (previously unreleased instrumental version of "Out on the Tiles")
06 Gallows Pole (studio outtake)
07 That's the Way (studio outtake)
08 Jennings Farm Blues (previously unreleased instrumental forerunner to "Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp")
09 Keys to the Highway/Trouble in Mind (previously unreleased rendition of blues standards)
My favourite band :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis