Ukraine – Russia … not more of the last thread

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Yes, unfortunately this is true.

The simple fact is that Ukraine needs long range AA to take out Russian aircraft before they can launch missiles and precision long range strike capabilities so they can take out the Russian aircraft on the ground. Unfortunately, the countries that have these capabilities are afraid of what Putin would do if Ukraine were to be supplied with these weapons.
Guess the west is ”cowardly supporting”’
Not fully giving Ukraine military what they really need….. being afraid of the consequences of an all-in support with all the requested capabilities.

I assume it’s not in Biden’s interest for Ukraine to win, it is in his intrest for ruzzia NOT to win, which I think is very different things!

and as we speak, our house in Zaporizhzhia needs some repair, it’s still in one piece though!

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I assume it’s not in Biden’s interest for Ukraine to win, it is in his intrest for ruzzia NOT to win, which I think is very different things!
Biden wants to do way more to support Ukraine. However, he doesn't have dictatorship powers. The Republicans in the House of Representatives are what is preventing him from aiding Ukraine more. Biden is doing what he can in his capacity. Don't hold the limited aid that the USA is giving Ukraine against Biden. The Republicans are largely following Donald Trump's lead in preventing more aid to Ukraine.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I can only refer to interview with "Karl," the Estonian military analyst whose insights on the war in Ukraine previously has been claimed to be accurate.

he claims:
"The Biden administration doesn’t consider Ukraine an absolute priority problem. They’re playing their political games so that they could blame the GOP for blocking aid. The Republicans in turn can blame Dems for not taking the U.S southern border seriously enough."

"Because neither issue is a top priority for either side, there is no decision and political games continue. Then there’s also the U.S. "fear of escalation." All in all, the administration hasn’t set a goal of Ukraine beating Russia and chasing them out of their territory."

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I can only refer to interview with "Karl," the Estonian military analyst whose insights on the war in Ukraine previously has been claimed to be accurate.

he claims:
"The Biden administration doesn’t consider Ukraine an absolute priority problem. They’re playing their political games so that they could blame the GOP for blocking aid. The Republicans in turn can blame Dems for not taking the U.S southern border seriously enough."

"Because neither issue is a top priority for either side, there is no decision and political games continue. Then there’s also the U.S. "fear of escalation." All in all, the administration hasn’t set a goal of Ukraine beating Russia and chasing them out of their territory."

Military analysis is not political analysis. You can find spin to suit any motive that you want. That analysis is not plausible to me because Biden has already given Ukraine huge loans and lots of gear. That author doesn't have a very good grasp of American politics either. Republicans are not worried about the political fallout of blocking aid They are largely insulated in their districts and can say or do almost anything that they want so long as it is not interpreted as cooperating with Democrats. The only thing that is going to affect them is mobilizing young people and women who were not previously active voters. These people aren't usually savvy about geopolitical situations like the war in Ukraine. What might make them get off their asses is having reproductive rights taken away from them.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
It´s a hard landscape to navigate and understand .... I definitely have little idea about US politics ....

But what is anyways a worrying fact is that ruzzia seem to get advantage due to Ukraine lagging behind with the required weapons...

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Count yourself lucky!
Norwegian politics isn´t possibly better:
- There are several cases where ministers have been cheating on their masters degree, heavily copying information from other students masters degrees, pretending it´s their own information, and these are the people we are supposed to trust!

- The former prime minister is in scrutiny as her husband have been dealing heavily with stocks as his wife was prime minister (Erna Solberg) ... seemingly heavy inside information here, but nothing serious seem to happen, she is still prime minister candidate for the opposition.

Code-of-Conduct is simply not there ......

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
While I won't argue your point I must ask, how are these 'tough' sanctions that were put upon Russia working out ??
They seem to be getting around them by having goods shipped to central Asian neighbouring countries and onwards to Russia, thereby "laundering" them. Suppliers must know where these goods are destined and should be strung up by the testicles.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
They seem to be getting around them by having goods shipped to central Asian neighbouring countries and onwards to Russia, thereby "laundering" them. Suppliers must know where these goods are destined and should be strung up by the testicles.
Another point I can't argue as well, yet what cracks me up is the world knew full well that Russia is a black market breeding ground to begin with so there will always be a 'way around' !

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Another point I can't argue as well, yet what cracks me up is the world knew full well that Russia is a black market breeding ground to begin with so there will always be a 'way around' !
On the other hand, Russia has to pay a premium for anything on the sanctions list, since suppliers are undoubtedly charging extra for violating sanctions. The sanctions are still hurting Russia.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Good news with Hungarian parliament, as the last NATO member, approved Swedish membership.

>>>BUDAPEST — At last, Sweden will get to join NATO.

Sweden cleared the final hurdle to become the military alliance's 32nd member after Hungary — the last holdout among the countries — held a parliamentary vote to approve the move.

Now, all existing NATO allies have now ratified the membership status of Sweden. A flag-raising ceremony is expected at NATO headquarters in Brussels later this week, less than a year after fellow Nordic country Finland joined the alliance. …<<<

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
On the other hand, Russia has to pay a premium for anything on the sanctions list, since suppliers are undoubtedly charging extra for violating sanctions. The sanctions are still hurting Russia.
The US put sanctions on Russia and its oil, but The International Energy Agency says Russia is still exporting 8.3 million barrels a day - having increased supplies to India and China. Russia is also able to import many sanctioned Western goods by buying them through countries such as Georgia, Belarus and Kazakhstan .

In 2022, the first year of the war, Russia's economy shrank by 2.1%, according to the International Monetary Fund. However, it estimates that Russia's economy grew by 2.2% in 2023 and predicts growth of 1.1% in 2024, notes Dr Maria Snegovaya from the US think tank, the Center for Strategic and International Studies.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Hmmm....
How about the 4 year old girls being raped by ruzzian soldiers (I know about this from first hand stories)

How about the families who had their boys burning to death inside houses being bombarded by phospor bombs
(Watch 20 days in Mariupol)

How about the guys taken into forest by ruzzian agents to be shot in the head, because some neighbours complained about them (I know about this from first hand stories)

The sanctions are stil a joke, many companies are running full fledged operations in ruzzia and the west is doing nothing about it ....

As far as I know
- Pepsi are sending all their stuff unlimited to ruzzia
- Nestle is having full business in ruzzia
- As far as I know Volkswagen and Audi made straw companies in ruzzia so they can sell their product line there under different names, in a way to making it almost impossible to track down
- The large Austrian bank Raifeissen still going fully on in ruzzia
- Mondelez has yet to withdraw

putler seems to have more support than any ruzzian president has ever had, so I wonder where it hurts

I think we are all doing too little, too late, too slow. Everyone can make a difference by boycotting companies like Mondeles, Nestle, Volkswagen, Audi .....

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I'm aware that the sanctions aren't having as deterring effect as was hoped, but it's still worth keeping them in place at the very least, and increasing their severity. It's not like the sanctions are helping Russia at all. Obviously, it's no substitute for supplying Ukraine with the weapons and assistance they need to obliterate every single Russian combatant within their borders (and why not kill a few outside of their borders while they are at it?) The world needs to recognize the Russian government for the evil that it is, push its influence back behind its borders, and contain it there. That will require a multi-pronged approach using not just a military front but economic, cultural, and political fronts as well.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis