Time to go "paper" shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patrick82

Patrick82

Banned
So, no, you didn't actually perform a real, measurable test that would show the dB increase you claim happened. Instead, you're saying that you can tell what a 1, 2, or 3 dB change sounds like. I find this hard to believe. Make this claim when you can back it up with hard evidence. Until then, it's exactly as you said, an "illusion" of difference. You're expecting to hear a difference so you make it up. Positive or negative.
I didn't expect to hear a difference in volume after I added the books to my system, I regret I didn't do it earlier because that was exactly what my system needed.

1dB makes a huge difference. I know how it sounds like because for a year I used -1dB of my computer and then changed to 0 and I got fatigue. My Cary CD transport was always 1dB louder than my computer and when switching back and forth the difference was big.

I have done a quick blind test and I guessed within 0.3dB. If I would do a long-term volume test I would probably be accurate within 0.2dB.

You completely contradicted yourself in the opening line with everything else you than state. The power cable is NOT where the sound comes from so how can it create (as an illusion) "more low-level detail and speed" in the sound?

BTW, speed of light is speed of light. You can't have slower speed of light. This measurement is well established and either it is or isn't the speed of light.

What 3 signals are you passing through your power cable?

You slowed down your Valhalla cables and now you get more speed?

"Scotty, I need more speed!"
"Capt'n, I've slowed 'er down. She should go faster now!"
"And Capt'n, you do know it's a cable. It doesn't move. The copper can only restrict the flow if it isn't correctly made. Once it's made correctly, the signal only goes so fast."

Honestly, come back to reality. Are you sure Ming isn't after you for the "imex", or is the Collective looking for you?

Resistance is futile.
Ignorance is self-imposed.

-pat
The power cord isn't in the path of the signal, it just changes the flavor of juice inside the capacitor before it gets pumped out to the components on the green board.

I like to manipulate the power supply with the silver plating of Valhalla cable, it removes some low-level detail compared to stock cable but it makes it sound cleaner because the low-level noise is covered in snow. It makes it sound like real life and I can listen for hours! It's similar to tubes but without the sacrifice of speed.

All power cords color the sound, to get neutral sound you need to use the same gauge as the apartment wiring. But it sounded too boring so I colored the sound with Valhalla instead. I modified the Valhalla closer to the size of the apartment wiring and it gave more low-level detail than the fat Valhalla.

The thicker the power cord is the heavier and slower the music sounds like. With a thinner cable you get more speed. Stock cable is 18awg and it has lot of speed compared to aftermarket power cords. I have a whole box full of stock cables under my bed.

I like them more than PS Audio Statement power cord, because they are more neutral. Adding the Statement cable after apartment wiring makes it slower and heavier with the illusion of more bass, the sound signature was easy to hear in my video blind test.

Speed of light doesn't matter, it's just marketing the companies use. Nordost also says on their website that their cables are neutral, but that's not true, they are the most colored cables I have heard. Valhalla gives the illusion of neutrality because it removes low-level detail which makes it sound like real life. The Valhalla interconnect removes attack and decay which makes it sound colder with tighter transients, but it's still smooth. It emphasizes the highs but it's not real, it's fake. A deeper silver plating depth gives more coloration, I have switched from Valhalla's 78microns to Valkyrja's 60microns silver plating. It gave less tightness but more low-level detail. The difference was bigger than I expected.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Patrick82 -
You make all these claims about what each of these items do. Can you back them up with hard evidence proving or disproving what you're saying? I'm guessing no. I don't think anyone could prove, positively, what you're claiming. I do believe that most of your claims can be refuted. I say most, because I'm sure that you've probably stumbled onto something that makes a difference by chance. Do I think that difference is worth the cost you've incurred? Never.

If each of these items makes a difference in sound then you would be able to measure it. There would be a change in the signal. The two waveforms would show visible differences. Everything you say would be visible. Heaviness, clarity, noise. It would all show up. If the signal remained the same, then there would be no change. Any change has to result in a modification to the signal.

I hope some day that you recoup all the money you've lost on audio.

-pat

ps - By visibile, I mean able to be viewed on some graph/device. Not just "heard" by the lucky few.

Patrick82

Patrick82

Banned
Patrick82 -
You make all these claims about what each of these items do. Can you back them up with hard evidence proving or disproving what you're saying? I'm guessing no. I don't think anyone could prove, positively, what you're claiming. I do believe that most of your claims can be refuted. I say most, because I'm sure that you've probably stumbled onto something that makes a difference by chance. Do I think that difference is worth the cost you've incurred? Never.

If each of these items makes a difference in sound then you would be able to measure it. There would be a change in the signal. The two waveforms would show visible differences. Everything you say would be visible. Heaviness, clarity, noise. It would all show up. If the signal remained the same, then there would be no change. Any change has to result in a modification to the signal.

I hope some day that you recoup all the money you've lost on audio.

-pat

ps - By visibile, I mean able to be viewed on some graph/device. Not just "heard" by the lucky few.
I haven't come here to prove anything, I have come here to share the truth. In the future people will realize that everything I said was true.

I'm posting this so the sane people can start wrapping their systems with ERS Paper before they get too old to do any exhausting tweaking.

The true money lost are the ones in the bank doing nothing. Spending my life savings in order to find the truth was worth it, because now I know that high-end gear and cables make it sound worse, it's only the coloration that people spend the money on. Benchmark DAC1 ($975) is more neutral than my high-end Cary 303/300 CD player ($4000) when using the same tweaks. It was the same thing with amps, a $5000 Krell KAV-500i power amp sounded worse than a $1500 ICEpower amp. All those cheap gear are bright and audiophiles don't like it because it sounds harsh and "digital". But those problems can be fixed with shielding, vibration isolation and power conditioning. You don't need to add any tubes either. My system had sounded too warm for over a year and I spent a lot of time to make it brighter, the opposite of what normal audiophiles do. I got more low-level detail from cheaper gear + tweaks than I ever got from more expensive gear.

I get better sound for a fraction of the price I spent on all my gear ($50 000). Everything is sitting mutilated inside boxes in my room, I don't care because I get better sound for much cheaper. ERS Paper and Magix levitation feet was the reason, they don't add any weaknesses, they just increase the resolution while making it smoother.

Finding the truth is more important than money.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
I haven't come here to prove anything, I have come here to share the truth. In the future people will realize that everything I said was true.

I'm posting this so the sane people can start wrapping their systems with ERS Paper before they get too old to do any exhausting tweaking.

The true money lost are the ones in the bank doing nothing. Spending my life savings in order to find the truth was worth it, because now I know that high-end gear and cables make it sound worse, it's only the coloration that people spend the money on. Benchmark DAC1 ($975) is more neutral than my high-end Cary 303/300 CD player ($4000) when using the same tweaks. It was the same thing with amps, a $5000 Krell KAV-500i power amp sounded worse than a $1500 ICEpower amp. All those cheap gear are bright and audiophiles don't like it because it sounds harsh and "digital". But those problems can be fixed with shielding, vibration isolation and power conditioning. You don't need to add any tubes either. My system had sounded too warm for over a year and I spent a lot of time to make it brighter, the opposite of what normal audiophiles do. I got more low-level detail from cheaper gear + tweaks than I ever got from more expensive gear.

I get better sound for a fraction of the price I spent on all my gear ($50 000). Everything is sitting mutilated inside boxes in my room, I don't care because I get better sound for much cheaper. ERS Paper and Magix levitation feet was the reason, they don't add any weaknesses, they just increase the resolution while making it smoother.

Ya know, I've spent a whole two minutes on this thread, and I'd like those two minutes back please. Understand that I'm not personally offended by any of this poppycock. I've attempted to decipher some vein of humor or usefulness out of this thread. I cannot.

In the simplest terms: this thread has been a sheer waste of electricity. I am not (and will not) reporting it in any manner. But I will be following this thread to see how much longer it takes the mods to shut it down. I think the continued allowance of this poppycock is, unfortunately, a reflection of Audioholics...and not in a good way. Steam vent or not, I tend to think this thread sheds a very poor light on this forum. 90 posts...sheeesh. There is no humor, no information...pure poppycock.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, but so is getting an education of reality.

I agree with JohnD, even if I did add to the endless dribble coming through the computer screen, and I'm signing off on this one.

And JohnD, my apologies for aiding in the destruction of two minutes of your life that won't ever be recouped!

-pat

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, but so is getting an education of reality.

I agree with JohnD, even if I did add to the endless dribble coming through the computer screen, and I'm signing off on this one.

And JohnD, my apologies for aiding in the destruction of two minutes of your life that won't ever be recouped!

-pat
None needed pzaur. Truly. And onto the cankersore...

So let now be the time "for you to cut the interminable drivel you meddling little bedouin." :p

c1981 M*A*S*H

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
All you Audioholics, shame on you! Didn't your mamas teach you not to pick on the mentally impaired? From now on just go along with our demented guest's theories, after all is it hurting you if he occasionally uses fly paper to trap unwanted frequencies? Is it hurting you when he puts aluminum foil on his head to keep out the thought police? Obviously not, so let's show our kinder, gentler and tolerant side and accept our wayward fellow enthusiast as a welcomed member to our hallowed halls of A/V academia. Who knows he just might be the genius that creates warp drive technology and we wouldn't want to be responsible for driving him away just because we don't understand his esoteric electromechanical quantum theories. Even Gene our esteemed leader could learn from such a sage, who knows maybe he's traveled light years to teach us cave-folk a thing or two about the joys of wrapping your members, er....cables in foil. Now I say we all act like the gentlemen that we are and give a round of applause to Mr. Patrick, the biggest innovator to come down the pike since peanut butter and jelly was slathered on Wonder bread.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That is by far the most eloquent thing that I've ever seen from a caveman. Way to represent, my friend.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
All you Audioholics, shame on you! Didn't your mamas teach you not to pick on the mentally impaired? From now on just go along with our demented guest's theories, after all is it hurting you if he occasionally uses fly paper to trap unwanted frequencies? Is it hurting you when he puts aluminum foil on his head to keep out the thought police? Obviously not, so let's show our kinder, gentler and tolerant side and accept our wayward fellow enthusiast as a welcomed member to our hallowed halls of A/V academia. Who knows he just might be the genius that creates warp drive technology and we wouldn't want to be responsible for driving him away just because we don't understand his esoteric electromechanical quantum theories. Even Gene our esteemed leader could learn from such a sage, who knows maybe he's traveled light years to teach us cave-folk a thing or two about the joys of wrapping your members, er....cables in foil. Now I say we all act like the gentlemen that we are and give a round of applause to Mr. Patrick, the biggest innovator to come down the pike since peanut butter and jelly was slathered on Wonder bread.
Do you have any idea what Patrick is? He's a whipping mule, the one person on the forum EVERYONE gets to beat down, and not give 2 shits about. He's so far off base, you can't help but just want to sit in your stereo room and hate him. I know I do. Bottling things like this up is NOT healthy.

Patrick, get out. Seriously, someone might listen to you, and waste money on a product or voodoo POS. Get out, get the **** out. I don't care if I sound harsh, your a complete idiot, you hear things that don't exist, you're the textbook definition of an Audiophile - Someone that claims to hear the inaudible. You won't measure, you're a hack. Everything you own is now a flammable piece of garbage. I hope you stereo catches fire, and explodes.

Have a great effing day,
SheepStar

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
That is really a fire waiting too happen! Paper stuffed:eek: in an amplifier:eek:! Is this guy a moron or what?

“I don’t go extreme on this one. I don’t have enough paper.”

He doesn’t have enough paper? He’s got enough of it to touch the whole bloody neighboured!:eek:

I enjoyed the look of semi-evil glee when he puts the headphones on after going through all that crap.:D How old is that kid anyway?
Well he’s no old enough to care if the house catches fire! I wonder if his parents know he's setting a death tarp in his bedroom!:eek:

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord

HOLY LORD IN HEAVEN! I thought I would never see this day. Do you have a spinny?:D

With all due respect, this is MADNESS. You could respond "THIS IS SPARTA", but we have heard it a thousand times. You aren't going to convince a sole on earth that these "tweaks" work by saying in a few years or sometime in the future we will all realize how ignorant we all where and suddenly realize the benifits of ERS paper. I would like to order a piece of ERS to see if it even does effect magnetic and electric waves in any way, really I would.

Speakers and room acoustics my friend, that is the real truth. And by the looks of things (I seriously can't even tell if you have anything but cans) your room's acoustics must be horrid. If you are using just cans, then your system is way overkill.

Yeah, saving money in the bank so you have retirement funds is completely stupid, I should blow every red cent I get on paper to shield my life from age.:rolleyes:

D

Dolby CP-200

Banned
Nah, they are to busy yelling at each other to notice a burning building.:D
Thanks mate that was funny.:D

If his amplifiers catch fire along with the house I doubt the insurance company would pay out.

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
He is cans only btw.

I would know, I dealt with his BS on head-fi. Along with the other members agreeing with him.

Can you believe that? Almost half of that forum believed him.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
No doubt.:D Insurance doesn't cover morons that put paper inside electronics. Insurance companies must love the company that makes ERS paper.:D

Well Patrick, I went back and read each and every post and I must say you have the worst case, and I do mean that, of OCD of any individual I have ever come across. It's great you can live in your fairytale world, but you are going to ruin your life at your present rate. I am being as serious as I can be, you will absolutely ruin your life and you will find yourself parted from all the things you tweaked sooner than you think.

The point of this hobby is to enjoy music, not jack around with boutique cables and ERS paper trying to fix your electronics and cables for that perfect sound, perfect sound does not exist. Get your head out of your kisser and get a job, no not tweaking, a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis