Time to go "paper" shopping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
He is cans only btw.

I would know, I dealt with his BS on head-fi. Along with the other members agreeing with him.

Can you believe that? Almost half of that forum believed him.
This just supports my belief that people are stupid.;)

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
That's pretty good there Dolby!

I haven't come here to prove anything, I have come here to share the truth. In the future people will realize that everything I said was true.
As soon as you provide graphs and data proving such, then yes.

Patrick82

Patrick82

Banned
As soon as you provide graphs and data proving such, then yes.
I compared the P300 Power Plant multiwave settings using different power cords. MWave1 and Valhalla power cord pulls up the music to the surface. That's why I didn't like that combination before, but when I did mass damping with books and changed Valhalla interconnect into Valkyrja, the MWave1 sound signature sounds better than MWave4!

Patrick82

Patrick82

Banned
He is cans only btw.

I would know, I dealt with his BS on head-fi. Along with the other members agreeing with him.

Can you believe that? Almost half of that forum believed him.
I use earspeakers because I don't like the distortion from dust between speakers and ears. The closer the drivers are the more detail I hear.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
All you Audioholics, shame on you! Didn't your mamas teach you not to pick on the mentally impaired? From now on just go along with our demented guest's theories, after all is it hurting you if he occasionally uses fly paper to trap unwanted frequencies? Is it hurting you when he puts aluminum foil on his head to keep out the thought police? Obviously not, so let's show our kinder, gentler and tolerant side and accept our wayward fellow enthusiast as a welcomed member to our hallowed halls of A/V academia. Who knows he just might be the genius that creates warp drive technology and we wouldn't want to be responsible for driving him away just because we don't understand his esoteric electromechanical quantum theories. Even Gene our esteemed leader could learn from such a sage, who knows maybe he's traveled light years to teach us cave-folk a thing or two about the joys of wrapping your members, er....cables in foil. Now I say we all act like the gentlemen that we are and give a round of applause to Mr. Patrick, the biggest innovator to come down the pike since peanut butter and jelly was slathered on Wonder bread.
Some people just can't understand the principle of this.

Patrick82

Patrick82

Banned
Do you have any idea what Patrick is? He's a whipping mule, the one person on the forum EVERYONE gets to beat down, and not give 2 shits about. He's so far off base, you can't help but just want to sit in your stereo room and hate him. I know I do. Bottling things like this up is NOT healthy.

Patrick, get out. Seriously, someone might listen to you, and waste money on a product or voodoo POS. Get out, get the **** out. I don't care if I sound harsh, your a complete idiot, you hear things that don't exist, you're the textbook definition of an Audiophile - Someone that claims to hear the inaudible. You won't measure, you're a hack. Everything you own is now a flammable piece of garbage. I hope you stereo catches fire, and explodes.

Have a great effing day,
SheepStar
I don't need to measure because I'm hearing huge differences, far bigger than upsampling...I scored 99.99% in my first blind test (upsampling levels), after that I knew I'm listening with a neutral state of mind. What I hear in normal A/B-ing is the same as I hear in a blind test. What I have discovered is that the cheaper gear sounds better than the more expensive gear. If it was placebo, shouldn't it be the opposite?
My impressions are consistent in over 2 years of testing.

Patrick82

Patrick82

Banned
That is really a fire waiting too happen! Paper stuffed:eek: in an amplifier:eek:! Is this guy a moron or what?

“I don’t go extreme on this one. I don’t have enough paper.”

He doesn’t have enough paper? He’s got enough of it to touch the whole bloody neighboured!:eek:

Well he’s no old enough to care if the house catches fire! I wonder if his parents know he's setting a death tarp in his bedroom!:eek:
I have already done the short-circuit and fire experiments, nothing happens. The cotton around the Carbon Fibers is very thin. It also has little holes in it so air flows through it. ERS Paper was designed to be put inside the case of hot audio equipment.

BTW. My modem is hotter than my ICEpower amp, it feels almost like room temperature, and that was before I wrapped it in ERS Paper. My Benchmark DAC1 is warmer, I can feel that the top cover is little warm, after I jammed the DAC1 full of ERS Paper, I still feel the same warmth of the top cover. It's because the warm air flows through the paper.

Last edited:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Do you have any idea what Patrick is? He's a whipping mule, the one person on the forum EVERYONE gets to beat down, and not give 2 shits about. He's so far off base, you can't help but just want to sit in your stereo room and hate him. I know I do. Bottling things like this up is NOT healthy.

Patrick, get out. Seriously, someone might listen to you, and waste money on a product or voodoo POS. Get out, get the **** out. I don't care if I sound harsh, your a complete idiot, you hear things that don't exist, you're the textbook definition of an Audiophile - Someone that claims to hear the inaudible. You won't measure, you're a hack. Everything you own is now a flammable piece of garbage. I hope you stereo catches fire, and explodes.

Have a great effing day,
SheepStar
Dude you have a choice to read his posts, and a choice not to read his posts. But there is no excuse for being nasty to another member. It doesn't matter how off base his posts, and thoughts are. This is an open forum, and only the administration and moderators have the authority to ask someone to leave. Not You.

Patrick82

Patrick82

Banned
“I don’t go extreme on this one. I don’t have enough paper.”
I have 3+ times more ERS Paper now than in the video. It's still not enough because my triple wrapped 1 meter Valhalla needed a few dozen sheets.

The difference between 1 and 2 layers is very small, when going from 2 to 3 layers it's even smaller. But when going from 0 to 1 layer the improvement is HUGE. It's obviously removing a lot of EMI.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Gentlemen,
I have used the scales of justice in a negative fashion for the first time ever. This is the tool that the admins have given us to show who is trusted and who should not be. I think that our new friend should be displaying a red chicklet to alert other users that he is unlikely to provide useful or competent advice.

I also think that he should be left to pursue his fantasy with reckless abandon and post his thoughts if he wishes, while others ridicule him mercilessly.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Folks come on, this guy is putting on the biggest Oscar-winning performance of his life, for all we know he's an acting major in some obscure college! You can tell he doesn't buy the bull, but he's getting a kick from turning everyone inside out. I bet you this guy has buddies looking in on his posts just to see the reactions he's getting from us and other forums where he's been banned. The guy is not a whipping post, he's a joker getting a great laugh at our expense. For all we know he doesn't even like A/V. So we should give him credit for being The Super Troll. You know how how get rid of trolls: ignore them, lack of attention drives them away.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
...and the Award for Super Troll on an Internet Forum goes to...[opens envelope]...Patrick82...the prize is one red chicklet.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
And if you don't like what someone posts then just click on their User Name. Select "View Public Profile". And then select "Add xxxxxxxx to Your Ignore List".

It's that simple.

Hell add me to the list if you want.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
And if you don't like what someone posts then just click on their User Name. Select "View Public Profile". And then select "Add xxxxxxxx to Your Ignore List".

It's that simple.

Hell add me to the list if you want.
As it is an "open forum" as you wrote in your above post, do we not have the right to post our comments? (That's a rhetorical question, btw). Dave made no personal attacks...nor was he rude. The "openness" cuts both ways...does it not?

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
As it is an "open forum" as you wrote in your above post, do we not have the right to post our comments? (That's a rhetorical question, btw). Dave made no personal attacks...nor was he rude. The "openness" cuts both ways...does it not?
Please let's not bullSh!t one another. Yes it's an open forum. And everyone is entitled to their opinions.

But to pile on a person because their belief, or opinion is a lot different is not right.

Lets be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Please let's not bullSh!t one another.
Wherein have I done that? Or Dave? Please elucidate my "bullSh!t." Please.

Yes it's an open forum. And everyone is entitled to their opinions.
And that's all I was doing. Why am I not entitled to post? Why do you find my post so objectionable and offensive?

But to pile on a person because their belief, or opinion is a lot different is not right.
I was not "piling on" anyone's beliefs. If you, or anyone "believes" in any of the poppycock spread throughout this thread...have at it. The thirsty will drink from the mirage in the desert if not proferred real water. I only offer the real water.

Lets be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.
Precisely. Thus the crux of my posts. I believe the interminable drivel strewn throughout this thread belongs elsewhere. Even though this is the steam vent, and I am all for free speech, this "stuff" belongs elsewhere. Steam vent or not, I think the perpetuation of this drivel reflects dimly on this forum. Let it be spoken at those other forums. Lest the newbies and nonmembers think we allow, and believe this sophomoric babble. As I've already stated, I find it neither entertaining nor informative. If others do, so be it.

emorphien

emorphien

Audioholic General
I compared the P300 Power Plant multiwave settings using different power cords. MWave1 and Valhalla power cord pulls up the music to the surface. That's why I didn't like that combination before, but when I did mass damping with books and changed Valhalla interconnect into Valkyrja, the MWave1 sound signature sounds better than MWave4!
These are meaningless pictures you've provided us with. You have to take measurements and share the data, and those measurements have to come from reliable instrumentation. It's the scientific method man!

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
You see? Now we're getting on each other's nerves. Let Patrick be......I say let Gene or Clint deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis