Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
interesting tunnels and snowsheds it goes through !

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Sadly one of my favorite passenger trains, Amtrak's California Zephyr #6, hit a truck that didn't belong on the tracks this past Monday...........

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Sadly one of my favorite passenger trains, Amtrak's California Zephyr #6, hit a truck that didn't belong on the tracks this past Monday...........

That seems to be the thing these days, people somehow think its a good idea to put your car or truck on the tracks trying to outrun a train, or even walk on the tracks. We have had a few nuts trying to beat the new Brightline Trains that pass a cross section in under 30 secs. . Once again here in FL, there is no common sense, no following the rules of the road, everyone is in a hurry to get to the next place so quick. “I start by saying if the arm is down don’t go around,”

How many people have been hit by the Brightline train in Florida?

Since 2017, at least 364 people in Florida have been killed by trains belonging to 13 different companies, according to a TCPalm analysis October 5. Of those, 97 were killed by Brightline trains. About half the cases involved people walking or running on or along the tracks, records show.Jan 12, 2024

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
That seems to be the thing these days, people somehow think its a good idea to put your car or truck on the tracks trying to outrun a train, or even walk on the tracks. We have had a few nuts trying to beat the new Brightline Trains that pass a cross section in under 30 secs. . Once again here in FL, there is no common sense, no following the rules of the road, everyone is in a hurry to get to the next place so quick. “I start by saying if the arm is down don’t go around,”

How many people have been hit by the Brightline train in Florida?

Since 2017, at least 364 people in Florida have been killed by trains belonging to 13 different companies, according to a TCPalm analysis October 5. Of those, 97 were killed by Brightline trains. About half the cases involved people walking or running on or along the tracks, records show.Jan 12, 2024
grade crossings are an absolute PIA to railroaders, in so many ways ! My brother, also a retired railroader (engineer) had someone commit suicide in front of him once and while the tragedy struck home for the family of that individual, not once does the media mention that the poor engineer was last person to see that individual alive. For my brother it was 30 years ago, he still lives with it to this day.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
grade crossings are an absolute PIA to railroaders, in so many ways ! My brother, also a retired railroader (engineer) had someone commit suicide in front of him once and while the tragedy struck home for the family of that individual, not once does the media mention that the poor engineer was last person to see that individual alive. For my brother it was 30 years ago, he still lives with it to this day.
Would hate to go trough that.. Like my step son told me, from his years in the military. Looking through a scope knowing you are the last person to see that guy alive and you get to end his life. Wow !

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I would LOVE to take a train from Jacksonville to Pittsburgh. I am researching this, and it looks to be doable. Probably will have to rent a car in Pittsburgh which makes driving more sense.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
I would LOVE to take a train from Jacksonville to Pittsburgh. I am researching this, and it looks to be doable. Probably will have to rent a car in Pittsburgh which makes driving more sense.
David, if you remember some time back I told you of your options ...........Jax to DC, then DC to P'burg

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks, and that would make the trip MUCH more comfortable especially with unforeseen delays.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Would you say it is politically biased at all?

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Would you say it is politically biased at all?
yes, to the extent that the left is always looking for more regulatory solutions to problems. As with most things the answer usually is in the middle somewhere !

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
yes, to the extent that the left is always looking for more regulatory solutions to problems. As with most things the answer usually is in the middle somewhere !
too bad neither of our current parties seem to get that.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
I used to listen to NPR news quite a bit. Not so much anymore as they have become too biased.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
In the past ten years the industry has had two major implementations to the way we operate. PSR (precision scheduled railroading) and PTC (positive train control), that latter being a non-funded mandate by Congress costing the industry well in excess of 10 billion dollars.

What's interesting is how the two converged. PSR brought about much larger trains and with the adoption of PTC it became easier(in theory) to run such trains. What we have found out in the ensuing time frame is that large trains(in excess of 2 miles) can at times cause large problems, ie. East Palestine..........

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Let's go up to beautiful British Columbia, Canada (LIVE)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis