THE 80s MUSIC THREAD

C

caupina

Full Audioholic
Don't forget about Kajagoogoo: they have a couple of songs that I liked a lot "Too Shy" and "Hang on Now". Level 42 was another excellent band and who could forget Corey Hart's "Sunglasses at Night".
Who remembers Power Station????. "Some Like it Hot" and "Get it On", besides Palmer's own "Addicted to Love" and "I Didn't Mean to Turn You On" (some hot chicks on those videos:D)

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Don't forget about Kajagoogoo: they have a couple of songs that I liked a lot "Too Shy" and "Hang on Now". Level 42 was another excellent band and who could forget Corey Hart's "Sunglasses at Night".
Who remembers Power Station????. "Some Like it Hot" and "Get it On", besides Palmer's own "Addicted to Love" and "I Didn't Mean to Turn You On" (some hot chicks on those videos:D)
Power Sation, Andy Taylor is perhaps one of the most under-rated rhythm guitarists around. I have Palmer's Cds. good stuff, Power Station was siminal in bridging the the brit-pop sound with the up and coming hair metal L.A. sound, great CD, on of my faves.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
The Tubes!!

I saw them in concert back in the day. Good show.
I saw them just a couple years ago. They still put on a good show. Although most of the crowd came in not knowing what to expect and were mystified...

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
That's right, Good Girls Don't, not as popular though. See if you remember this: the band was called Diesel, their only big hit was Sausalito Summer Nights.....remember?:D

I actually bought the album when it came out;)

How about "Der Kommissar" by After the Fire? I bought it, too.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
I actually bought the album when it came out;)

How about "Der Kommissar" by After the Fire? I bought it, too.
Also Falco, who died in a car crash, did a version, he's the guy that did Rock Me Amadeus.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Hey I just saw a video by Haircut 100, that brought back nostalgia.:)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Don't know if they've been mentioned yet, but Missing Persons STILL remains one of my all time favorite bands from any era. Great musicians, and Dale Bozzio was smokin' hot back then.

race4aliving

race4aliving

Audioholic
Power Sation, Andy Taylor is perhaps one of the most under-rated rhythm guitarists around. I have Palmer's Cds. good stuff, Power Station was siminal in bridging the the brit-pop sound with the up and coming hair metal L.A. sound, great CD, on of my faves.
Power Station was a really great disc. tight playing ,those guy brought out their a game for that one CD I still listen to now and then. who was the drummer? he had great pop.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Power Station was a really great disc. tight playing ,those guy brought out their a game for that one CD I still listen to now and then. who was the drummer? he had great pop.
One of the premier "power" drummers, his name was Tony Thompson, super versatile player, use to be drummer for disco/dance/R&B group called Chic and many of the superstars of the 70s and 80s. I think he's passed away.

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
You never struck me as the Boomtown Rats type. Perhaps you just hate Mondays.:D

Dire Straits and Def leppard for me.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
I was mostly into hard rock/heavy metal in the 80s. It was really a good time for it.

Back In Black came out in 1980, one of the best Rock albums ever. (too bad they never equaled it afterwards)

Def Leppard did their best stuff in the 80s. Pyromania makes my list of the best rock albums.

The Scorpions, Iron Maiden, the Deep Purple comeback, Metallica, Motley Crue, etc.

Then there was the cheesy but fun stuff, the Cars, Cyndi Lauper, Dead or Alive, Nina, The Human League, Duran Duran.

The 80s was a great time for music.

Jim

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Then there was the cheesy but fun stuff, the Cars
It just doesn't seem right calling The Cars cheesy?

Anyway The Cars were a band that formed in the late 70's. "Just What I Needed" would turn out to be the first single from the band’s debut album, The Cars, released in 1978.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
That Candy-O cover! Man oh man! One of the sexiest covers of the 80s! (the Vargas)

T

The Dukester

Audioholic Chief
Just think of what will happen to all that art work when the CD goes away as some predict. Then all we have are downloads:( How many people will actually download an album cover, print it and make a CD? Call me an old fart or whatever you want, but I still like to have a physical item in my hands. I also enjoy reading extra material, words, etc, while doing critical listening on occasion. This almost completely goes away with downloads.:(

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Remember the old vinyl LPs, you could frame the covers, some were art.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Remember the old vinyl LPs, you could frame the covers, some were art.
I think it was the show While You Were Out where they redecorate one room and the designers got the great idea of gluing the guy's record collection to the wall of his room as 'art'. He went crazy when he saw what they had done to his collection.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
It just doesn't seem right calling The Cars cheesy?

Anyway The Cars were a band that formed in the late 70's. "Just What I Needed" would turn out to be the first single from the band’s debut album, The Cars, released in 1978.
Candy-O was a really cool album but mostly I think about that silly video with Rik's head on a bee.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Candy-O was a really cool album but mostly I think about that silly video with Rik's head on a bee.
That was "You Might Think," great song. Silly video, hot model. All the girls in Cars videos were hot.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis