SUPERGIRL CBS tv series

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Okay. I just saw episode 14. :)

I hated episodes 1-4. But it grew on me after that. I think the show grew up a little and got a little more serious.

Supergirl being really cute kind of helped too. :)

But now I am kind of hooked.

Okay story and acting and casting are not among the best.

But Supergirl just grew on me, unlike Jessica Jones.

Maybe if The Flash were a really cute girl (instead of a wimpy nerdy guy), the show might have grown on me too. :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Okay. I just saw episode 14. :)

I hated episodes 1-4. But it grew on me after that. I think the show grew up a little and got a little more serious.

Supergirl being really cute kind of helped too. :)

But now I am kind of hooked.

Okay story and acting and casting are not among the best.

But Supergirl just grew on me, unlike Jessica Jones.

Maybe if The Flash were a really cute girl (instead of a wimpy nerdy guy), the show might have grown on me too. :)
I know what you mean. The acting is a bit weak, the storyline sometimes cheesy, but her positive upbeat attitude is addictive. I love the Flash but if you want something a little deeper, try Arrow or Daredevil. I'm hooked on Arrow, in mid 3rd season now. My name is Oliver Queen :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I know what you mean. The acting is a bit weak, the storyline sometimes cheesy, but her positive upbeat attitude is addictive. I love the Flash but if you want something a little deeper, try Arrow or Daredevil. I'm hooked on Arrow, in mid 3rd season now. My name is Oliver Queen :)
The story is always salient, but the character (this case Supergirl's) is probably 2nd most important. I'm not sure it would have grown on me if she were someone else.

Oh yeah, I'm already addicted and all caught up to Arrow & DD.

I think DD season 2 comes out in March. :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The story is always salient, but the character (this case Supergirl's) is probably 2nd most important. I'm not sure it would have grown on me if she were someone else.

Oh yeah, I'm already addicted and all caught up to Arrow & DD.

I think DD season 2 comes out in March. :)
Agreed about SG. Man I'm so bummed out about Arrow/Flash. I watched all 3 seasons of Arrow and season 1 of Flash on Netflix and now I have to wait till summer till the latest seasons get uploaded. I don't want to watch mid season of either series on FIOS so I'm left with a cliff hanger for both :(

Luckily Gotham starts up again next week and Daredevil next month :)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Agreed about SG. Man I'm so bummed out about Arrow/Flash. I watched all 3 seasons of Arrow and season 1 of Flash on Netflix and now I have to wait till summer till the latest seasons get uploaded. I don't want to watch mid season of either series on FIOS so I'm left with a cliff hanger for both :(

Luckily Gotham starts up again next week and Daredevil next month :)
I am on Season 4 Episode 15 of Arrow. :)

But I've only watched 2 episodes of The Flash's season 1.

Does the Flash grow on you like Supergirl? I mean I just couldn't get into the Flash after 2 episodes just like with Supergirl.

So maybe I just need to watch 5 episodes of The Flash and then it's all good?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
It's picking up a bit. What I don't like is the evil alien of the week format. It's too much like Smallville and we all know that was the years of blue balls with no release.

What I DO like is Calista Flockhart. To me, she's the real star of the show/ Also, they are putting the spotlight on one of my favorite DC super heros, The Martian Manhunter and they seem to have gotten his appearance down pretty good. they do mash up the DC mythos here, though. Here, the manhunter's alter ego here isn't john Jones, detective. It's Hank Henshaw who, in the DC print world is Metallo, one of Superman's major foes.

But, on the whole, it's entertaining if you don't look for any mythical meaning beyond cotton candy entertainment. I'll keep watching it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Just watched Supergirl S01E20. Still like the cute Supergirl character. But man, the writing and stories are just as stupid as ever. I hope they get some good writers for S02.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
It's gotten better as the season progressed but that had to be the absolute worse season finale ever.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's gotten better as the season progressed but that had to be the absolute worse season finale ever.
Yeah, the season started out terrible. Then it got better as the season progressed. Then the last few episodes were just so stupid. It took a major step backward. I guess they must have brought back the idiot writers for the finale or something. Major regression. :(

But I'll still watch season 2 when it returns. :D

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Yeah, the season started out terrible. Then it got better as the season progressed. Then the last few episodes were just so stupid. It took a major step backward. I guess they must have brought back the idiot writers for the finale or something. Major regression. :(

But I'll still watch season 2 when it returns. :D
Agreed. There is a lot of cheese mixed in with a few genuine emotional moments. Cat Grant is the best part of the show and of course the various eye candy from time to time ;) I do find it a good show to wind down to after watching an episode of Gotham or Daredevil. Daredevil gives me problems going to sleep at night sometimes ;)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Agreed. There is a lot of cheese mixed in with a few genuine emotional moments. Cat Grant is the best part of the show and of course the various eye candy from time to time ;) I do find it a good show to wind down to after watching an episode of Gotham or Daredevil. Daredevil gives me problems going to sleep at night sometimes ;)
Yeah, as cheesy, ridiculous, and inconsistent as some episodes are, I'm still addicted to SG. The best part of the show is the relationship between Cat Grant & SG.

SPOILER ALERT:

With Superman already fallen for a reporter, I was very disappointed they made SG fall for yet another reporter/photographer.

Why in the world would 2 hot chicks be fighting over a LOWLY Jimmy Olsen? They need to send him back to Metropolis to take pictures of Superman or something.

I want to see SG w/ Cat Grant's son. :)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Yeah, as cheesy, ridiculous, and inconsistent as some episodes are, I'm still addicted to SG. The best part of the show is the relationship between Cat Grant & SG.

SPOILER ALERT:

With Superman already fallen for a reporter, I was very disappointed they made SG fall for yet another reporter/photographer.

Why in the world would 2 hot chicks be fighting over a LOWLY Jimmy Olsen? They need to send him back to Metropolis to take pictures of Superman or something.

I want to see SG w/ Cat Grant's son. :)
It was completely retarded how they treated Superman in this episode. You telling me that can't at least showing him putting up some sort of effort in the background? He can move a moon but he goes in a permanent coma when a sound machine is turned on. Pleaaase :confused:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It was completely retarded how they treated Superman in this episode. You telling me that can't at least showing him putting up some sort of effort in the background? He can move a moon but he goes in a permanent coma when a sound machine is turned on. Pleaaase :confused:
That was a cataclysmic face-palm right there with what they did to Superman. :)

So basically Superman was absolutely no better than any human being. Yeah, he was too human.

I mean the moment we start to praise this show a little, they just had to disappoint us again.

Very inconsistent and incoherent writing.

But..... SG & Cat Grant are just too cute...

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, I want to know who is in that Kryptonian space ship at the end.
Hard to wait for next season to know.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis