SUPERGIRL CBS tv series

Bizarro_Stormy

Bizarro_Stormy

Audioholics Whac-A-Mole'er™
I liked it...

and for once, Jeb Bush was correct about something...

the lead actress is hawt...

sg.jpg

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
We recorded it and watched it yesterday (Tuesday).

It was "cute". A little too cute for my tastes.

They take many, many liberties with the Superman/Supergirl mythos.

Her relation ship with her human sister is exploited beyond all belief and the introduction of Jimmy ("It's JAMES") Olsen is a bit much to take and, for the life of me, I cannot see why she confided her secret to her other co-worker.

And, the apparent running plot seems to be a direct ripoff of what kept "Smallville" on the air for years, albeit with the grudging participation of the government. Her aunt is an interesting turn.

On the plus side, she's as cute as a button and, IMNSHO, Calista Flockhart, as Cat Stevens, another tribute to the mythos, has the best lines. Having Dean Caine and Helen Slater as her parents is a tip of the hat to those of us who have been following this stuff for years.

All in all, a C+. I'll record it and watch it sometime during the week but I can't see it outperforming Gotham. It's easily outclassed by Arrow, Flash, and Gotham.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
All I got to say is if I had superpowers in my youth and my brother had been mere human, I would have killed him 4 times a week...on average.
And we liked each other!!!:)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
5 months after my initial rant after watching the pilot episode, I still can't believe how bad this show is.

Like Gene says, why can't anyone make SG good?

Is the material just impossible?

Why couldn't Superman just raise his own little cousin (maybe with some help while he's flying around) ?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You guys are grown men talking about how a show called "supergirl" was a let down for you. Did you think maybe you are not the target audience? How sophisticated should a show called "supergirl" be? This is a juvenile fantasy for children. Will you next complain about how "My Little Pony" does not have subtle enough characterization for you?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You guys are grown men talking about how a show called "supergirl" was a let down for you. Did you think maybe you are not the target audience? How sophisticated should a show called "supergirl" be? This is a juvenile fantasy for children. Will you next complain about how "My Little Pony" does not have subtle enough characterization for you?
And yet you feel the uncontrollable urge to not only read this entire thread, you just have to join in the conversation. That says a lot about now, doesn't it? ;)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
And yet you feel the uncontrollable urge to not only read this entire thread, you just have to join in the conversation. That says a lot about now, doesn't it? ;)
I was morbidly curious as to what a bunch of middle aged men could possibly have to say about a TV show called "supergirl".

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
""
I was morbidly curious as to what a bunch of middle aged men could possibly have to say about a TV show called "supergirl".
Yet you couldn't resist joining in, could you? Why? Crave attention? Well, you got it.

You could tell from the subject what it was all about. If you were really that "above us peons" you would have simply ignored it, or at least had the decency to not drop a snide comment. That's what a mature person would have done, but, no... You just had to show us how superior you think you are.

I'd venture to say that most of our parents taught us something like "If you can't say anything nice about someone, say nothing at all". Apparently, that little tidbit of manners was lacking in your upbringing.

Are you really that irked that we can enjoy many things and enjoy sharing thoughts? At least we don't go around pithing on peoples cornflakes.

We have your number, J

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Good point. Easy to forget. I assumed it was supposed to be like Daredevil, Gotham, Arrow, Smallville, etc., since it was on CBS and not on Disney Channel or Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network.

No wonder SG felt like an episode from the Disney Channel. So it is intended for 10 YR old kids. :D

BTW, my 13YO daughter loves watching both "My Little Ponies" and "The Walking Dead". :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Should be on Saturday morning for it's key demographic then. That time slots key demographic is the 18-34 for it to maintain any kind of long term viability, so I will have disagree with you on that comment.

Either way, I didn't watch it, nor will I because it looked just plain bad.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Supergirl 2015 has an IMDB rating of 6.3, which is pretty bad. :)

Even "The Bastard Executioner" is rated higher at 6.4, and it has received among the worst reviews I've ever seen. :)

A

andyblackcat

Audioholic General

Wonder if there is a female like Lex Luthor in the tv show. :D

"It's kryptonite, Supergirl. Little souvenir from the old home town."

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Supergirl 2015 has an IMDB rating of 6.3, which is pretty bad. :)

Even "The Bastard Executioner" is rated higher at 6.4, and it has received among the worst reviews I've ever seen. :)
Considering what it is and how much Supergirl has always sucked, this show is actually watchable. Some of the acting is cheesy but so far it has a decent story arc and characters going for it.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
‘Supergirl’ Casts ‘Chasing Life’ Star as Silver Banshee

REX SHUTTERSTOCK/WARNER BROS
DECEMBER 4, 2015 | 12:40PM PT
Whitney Friedlander
TV News Editor@loislane79

CBS’ “Supergirl” is readying another DC Comics character for battle.

The drama has cast “Chasing Life” alum Italia Ricci in the recurring role of Siobhan Smythe. The latest hire by Calista Flockhart’s media mogul Cat Grant, the character is first introduced as a workplace adversary for Melissa Benoist’s heroine. But she later becomes a much more deadly foe when she takes on the mantle of DC Comics villain Silver Banshee.

Ricci will first appear in the 14th episode of the freshman drama, which received its full-season orderearlier this week.

“We are so excited to be working with Italia,” said “Supergirl” exec producer Andrew Kreisberg. “We’ve been a fan of her work for years and we cannot wait to see her take on this iconic comic book role.”

The casting is also proving to be a family affair among this and the other Warner Bros.-produced crop of superhero shows. Ricci is engaged to Robbie Amell, who appeared on CW’s “The Flash.” (Amell had also guested on her recently departed ABC Family series).

Ricci is repped by ICM, Protégé Entertainment, Coast to Coast and Felker, Toczek, Suddleson LLP.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Actually, IMNSHO, Calista Flockhart (Cat Grant) is the best thing in this show.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Actually, IMNSHO, Calista Flockhart (Cat Grant) is the best thing in this show.
I haven't watched the series yet, but in the trailer, she looked like the best character to make this work!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis