ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
DCX is gone, considering the SMS-1 but Audessy seems to be giving me what I am looking for at this point. Maybe I don't like a "flat" response?

The granite top will be done tomorrow so look for new pictures.

I would consider getting a more powerful amp as I can get the clip lights to come on during my normal movie watching on certain crazy scenes. Andrew said that the next jump up would be around 4k but I thought Chris said there was something a lot cheaper. Chris, did you tell me that?

The Xantech AC1 works great for turning the EP2500 on and off via 12v trigger and the ART Clean box DTI got rid of all ground loop issue. The Dawg is happy!

Last edited:
WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
DCX is gone, considering the SMS-1 but Audessy seems to be giving me what I am looking for at this point. Maybe I don't like a "flat" response?

I would consider getting a more powerful amp as I can get the clip lights to come on during my normal movie watching on certain crazy scenes. Andrew said that the next jump up would be around 4k but I thought Chris said there was something a lot cheaper. Chris, did you tell me that?

The Xantech AC1 works great for turning the EP2500 on and off via 12v trigger and the ART Clean box DTI got rid of all ground loop issue. The Dawg is happy!
The 75 pound QSC RMX5050 is the logical next step to fully realize the potential of the AXIS. It will produce about 4000 watts bridged mono into a 4 ohm load, 20Hz-20,000Hz. It is about $1600. http://www.zzounds.com/item--QSCRMX5050

If you order this amplifier, please confirm by phone that you are getting the 120VAC version. There is also a 220VAC version.

Did you really think a mere 2000 watts was going to cut it with that monster? :)

Please note that you will need a dedicated high current wiring for this product. I would suggest a minimum of 10AWG dedicated circuit from the breaker box with a 20A breaker. While the circuit will not handle continuous output at full power, it will be fine for music, which only demands the power in brief bursts.

Note: you can pretty much get a 2nd AXIS sealed unit and another EP2500 amplifier, and get a 6dB gain, while keeping the stress on the drivers at a minimum, for about the same price as the new amplifier.

-Chris

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for the info. I am not ready to add a dedicated circuit to the house plus this thing is taller than the space I have in my credenza. I will just hold on to what I have and add a second AXIS when I build my dedicated room.
The 75 pound QSC RMX5050 is the logical next step to fully realize the potential of the AXIS. It will produce about 4000 watts bridged mono into a 4 ohm load, 20Hz-20,000Hz. It is about $1600. http://www.zzounds.com/item--QSCRMX5050

If you order this amplifier, please confirm by phone that you are getting the 120VAC version. There is also a 220VAC version.

Did you really think a mere 2000 watts was going to cut it with that monster? :)

Please note that you will need a dedicated high current wiring for this product. I would suggest a minimum of 10AWG dedicated circuit from the breaker box with a 20A breaker. While the circuit will not handle continuous output at full power, it will be fine for music, which only demands the power in brief bursts.

Note: you can pretty much get a 2nd AXIS sealed unit and another EP2500 amplifier, and get a 6dB gain, while keeping the stress on the drivers at a minimum, for about the same price as the new amplifier.

-Chris

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the info. I am not ready to add a dedicated circuit to the house plus this thing is taller than the space I have in my credenza. I will just hold on to what I have and add a second AXIS when I build my dedicated room.
Okay. Just remember, the AXIS is a discontinued item and can be not available at any time. You should purchase the second unit soon and have it ready to use when the time comes.

-Chris

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Just waiting to see if another 'deal' comes along.
Okay. Just remember, the AXIS is a discontinued item and can be not available at any time. You should purchase the second unit soon and have it ready to use when the time comes.

-Chris

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Just waiting to see if another 'deal' comes along.
Check with Andrew. While it won't be as cheap as the super Deal of The Day (and don't count on that - I have NEVER seen a P.E. DOTD like that repeated), I think Andrew can get them a far cheaper price than P.E.'s regular price.

-Chris

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, I know the price Andrew can get them. He also told me to buy two when the super deal was going on. I guess hindsight really is 20/20.
Check with Andrew. While it won't be as cheap as the super Deal of The Day (and don't count on that - I have NEVER seen a P.E. DOTD like that repeated), I think Andrew can get them a far cheaper price than P.E.'s regular price.

-Chris

Matt34

Matt34

Yes, I know the price Andrew can get them. He also told me to buy two when the super deal was going on. I guess hindsight really is 20/20.
5:30 Texas time and the Dawg is up?:p It's 4:30 here and it looks like I get to run in the rain this morning.:rolleyes:

J

jamie2112

Banned
What the heck are you doing up at 4:30 Matt.....:eek: That is early...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Stupid Monday morning meeting 1.5 hours away from my house every week.:mad:
5:30 Texas time and the Dawg is up?:p It's 4:30 here and it looks like I get to run in the rain this morning.:rolleyes:

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Crap, I have been so busy that I forgot about the granite top. It is in the back of my car, I will go get it and stick it on to see how it looks.

Pictures to come soon unless something happens.:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Dang it, it looks bad. I think I should have had it where it tappered to the edges vs. capped. I think I will have it redone as it looks like a stupid top hat right now.

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
I agree that it doesn't look too good right now the way it is but I'm afraid that if you have it cut so that it ends where the taper is it will look just as bad. Instead of a top hat it will look like a hat that's too small to fit. I think I might try a perfect fit with the size of the sub, not sure how that will look though. Good luck with it.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I agree, I think I will just leave it alone as I really like the way the wood looks.

Anyone want to buy a hunk of high grade granite?

I agree that it doesn't look too good right now the way it is but I'm afraid that if you have it cut so that it ends where the taper is it will look just as bad. Instead of a top hat it will look like a hat that's too small to fit. I think I might try a perfect fit with the size of the sub, not sure how that will look though. Good luck with it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis