Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Just curious of your findings, as that driver is/was known to have a pretty high inductance bump in that range.... which can be tamed pretty well with EQ.
I'm just seeing if my hunch was right...

I look forward to taking my own measurements on my ti cone 3K.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Got the first chance to really relax and watch a movie with this beast. It is just down right spooky what it does on the low end.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Got the first chance to really relax and watch a movie with this beast. It is just down right spooky what it does on the low end.
Then you should switch the Axis to sub #1 on your sig :D. Is the servo even hooked up?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I am still trying to blow up the AXIS, if it survives, it will go to #1.

Servo is stacked on The Crusher but has to come off before she comes home.;)
Then you should switch the Axis to sub #1 on your sig :D. Is the servo even hooked up?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I am thinking about putting a black granite top on this. It won't hurt anything will it?

I guess square edges would have been ok if I do this, sorry Andrew.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I am thinking about putting a black granite top on this. It won't hurt anything will it?

I guess square edges would have been ok if I do this, sorry Andrew.
No problems if you do that. Hey, I got some practice in making 'stitching' veneer together. Always learning.

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
If you do this you will probably want some foam between the cabinet and the granite to prevent any rattling/marring of the finish. The easiest solution for this would be some comfort mats like this. You might need to double it over depending on how much the granite weighs.

You should convince the lady that this makes a grill pointless :D. It really is a shame to cover such a great driver up...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
What the heck is a Comfort Mat? I don't know what section of Lowes to go to.:confused:
If you do this you will probably want some foam between the cabinet and the granite to prevent any rattling/marring of the finish. The easiest solution for this would be some comfort mats like this. You might need to double it over depending on how much the granite weighs.

You should convince the lady that this makes a grill pointless :D. It really is a shame to cover such a great driver up...

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
What the heck is a Comfort Mat? I don't know what section of Lowes to go to.:confused:
Just send your lawn guy! :p

They are in flooring. They are about 1/2" thick and are designed to be put in areas for prolonged standing.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I had missed this thread or at least this part of it completely. I'm sure it performs very well, especially after Andrew's calibration. The thing that is just making me drool is the anodized wood grain coupled with the 3/4" round over router action. Andrew is to be congratulated for that alone.

PD,

Thanks for steering me to this. I'm sure you will be getting a twin at some point or maybe twins of something even nicer. It's good of you to share your new toy. :)

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
I had missed this thread or at least this part of it completely. I'm sure it performs very well, especially after Andrew's calibration. The thing that is just making me drool is the anodized wood grain coupled with the 3/4" round over router action. Andrew is to be congratulated for that alone.
Not that it is a big deal, but they are 1/2" round overs :eek:. That alone was a learning experience, not so much the routing, but running two pieces of veneer together so the seam would be as minimal as possible. I found out that most commercial manufacturers have a special machine to do it. For me it was a one shot thing because of the adhesive I use with veneer to ensure a strong bond.

Ohh, and be mad at Greg, he is going to hide all that work!!! :p

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I wish I was someone who appreciated things like 1/2" round overs but I don't even know what it means, I just like nice stuff.

Andrew did a very good job on this and I put him up against a fake deadline to see how he could perform. He is a good kid (reminds me of my nephew) with a brain that will take him a long way in life. He has become a good friend of mine and I am very happy I have had the chance to meet him.

Now get over here and let's continue setting up the crossover and EQ for the rest of the system.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I will start by saying that my system sounds the best it has. I have to wonder how much of this is proper calibration/EQ and how much is secondary to better gear.
My guess is that any sub would sound better being properly calibrated. A better sub would just be a better properly calibrated sub. One thing for sure is that there doesn't seem to be any going back.

Pardon me for speculating but I would also guess that a properly calibrated lesser sub would sound better than a superior uncalibrated sub, at least within reasonable limits.

Once again, that thing is quite nice.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Are you just thinking of setting that granite on top, or make it a permanent part of the sub... ?

I plan to adhere the granite right to the top of my boxes, with something like PL400, no need to worry about vibration or rattling at that point...

Personally, I think Andrews round overs look fantastic.... I wouldn't change it...

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I plan on having it like a removable cap with a small skirt around it. I want to be able to remove it for the times I have to move the sub plus if I ever change boxes, I may could use it again.
Are you just thinking of setting that granite on top, or make it a permanent part of the sub... ?

I plan to adhere the granite right to the top of my boxes, with something like PL400, no need to worry about vibration or rattling at that point...

Personally, I think Andrews round overs look fantastic.... I wouldn't change it...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Very nice looking man-sub.

But is it touching the Paradigm speaker and TV cabinet?

If so, is it causing severe vibrations?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis