ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
These ugly little things should arrive on Wed. No idea where I will put them as I have no room left in my credenza and I don't think the mount tabs are removable so they will look bad no matter what.

Sub box should be done by the 20th or so of this month.

This little thing is in hand.

The Dawg is very excited!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I was considering trying to hack them off but after looking at the link your provided, I don't think I will try it.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
P-Dawg,

Are there vents on the sides? If not have wood side covers made. Paint them black and secure them with some nice black screws. Then it would look more like a home audio piece. What do you think???

SBF1

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I think it would look nice but I have no idea where the vents are as I have never seen these in person.
P-Dawg,

Are there vents on the sides? If not have wood side covers made. Paint them black and secure them with some nice black screws. Then it would look more like a home audio piece. What do you think???

SBF1

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Take a look at the picture..... Front to back vent, or back to front....
depending on which way you put the replacement fan.... :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I think croseiv is gaining a certain affinity for me. He just called me sweet.....

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Hey Greg have you looked at a Middle Atlantic rack?

I'll take pictures of mine for you next month when my loft is finally done. They have lots of options (like racks that will go into cabinets, racks with veneer, etc.). For anything that isn't rack mount, you buy a faceplate and it makes it flush. They also make cable management a lot easier and more logical.

I didn't order a door for mine because industrial works in my place, but in a more traditional home I would have gotten one with a veneer and a door.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it compared to the Servo .v2. Please tell me you are going to do a small shootout between the two before you unload the Servo. :)

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
oh yeah ... i was laughing ... then i was crying.

the EP2500 thing was funny ... but his rack with the plates look fantastic. :eek:
Darn right..... It looks beautiful.... He had a vision and it turned out great !!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yes, we will do a head to head using real testing gear. I have a gut that the Servo is going to hold it's own better than what people are thinking.
Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it compared to the Servo .v2. Please tell me you are going to do a small shootout between the two before you unload the Servo. :)

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Cool stuff Greg. So where are you going to put that stuff?

Do you really need the DCX crossover device? I would think your denon has all the adjustments you need.

Not that I am questioning Andrew:eek: but as you have limited spaced if you don't need it then save the space and cash.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Yes, we will do a head to head using real testing gear. I have a gut that the Servo is going to hold it's own better than what people are thinking.
The Servo 15a certainly did not impress.
http://www.avtalk.co.uk/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=18353&start=0&rid=14&SQ=1147288271

The Servo .v2 is better, but still no match to what you can expect from an AXIS-15 driven by 2000 watts in a 5 cubic sealed enclosure.
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_12_3/paradigm-servo-15-subwoofer-7-2005-part-1.html

Pay attention to the compression occurring as excursion becomes high at 25Hz and under.

Let's examine an inferior TC Sounds driver; I mean inferior to the AXIS 15 you acquired. But clearly superior to the driver used by Paradigm. Powered by a Tapco 2400 - which is similar the EP2500 - it is obvoius that the only limits in this test were due to the amp. The amp is starting to clip at the highest levels, and virtually no compression is visible due to the driver. The Servo 15 .v2's motor appears to quickly lose BL as excursion nears high levels(note the exponential reduction comparing SPL increment steps in output as frequency lowers), where the TC Sound driver is remaining constant, seemingly only limited by the amp driving it. You could easily use a 4000 watt amplifier on these TC Sound drivers. It is also possible that the exponential reduction at lower frequencies on the Servo 15 is due to factory included limiting system to protect the driver. But even so, the end result has the same likely meaning: the driver is not able to physically operate near the level of the TC Sounds unit (without suffering damage/failure).

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-tests/5759-diy-tc-sounds-tc-2000-15-sealed-90l.html

-Chris

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis