Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
you are from the US, that is dangerous", .
We actually have a higher murder rate than Iraq. They don't tell you that on the news, but verbal judo and street smarts are much more effective than carrying. I've never had any trouble before.

Last edited:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Wasn't he on here for a while? I remember that picture being associated with someone that eventually got banned.

I may be thinking of two different people.
One used to eat Scotch eggs all the time and had speakers hanging on his upper walls & ceiling (height surrounds)
and wires all over.

Or was it that Lord of the Rings guy?
He was on this forum a long time ago he used a different alias to get on our site and complained about videos being too green. He had a bizarre setup and a weird relationship with his cats. LOTR was a different kind for sure.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
We actually have a higher murder rate than Iraq. They don't tell you that on the news, but verbal judo and street smarts are much more effective than carrying. I've never had any trouble before.
I'll bet the 17,000 people that got murdered last year "never had any trouble before" either, LOL, I have a family I like to go home to so if it means I have a better chance of making it home everyday because I tote around an 11oz piece pistol {thats loaded with the laser on it!!!, gotta love the p3aT}, I am good with talking to people but I have dealt with some people that talking doesn't help, I have nothing against people who don't carry, there is nothing wrong with that... But some times you could have a golden tongue and be as street mart and careful as humanly possible and trouble will find you...

I quick story, Not sure if I put this on here when it happened, But About 3 months ago, I was in a customer house talking to a city inspector and my employee was outside getting a camera out of my glove box, when 3 guys walking down the street pushed the door closed on his legs {he was standing outside the truck leaning in, in the glove box}. So he didn't say anything, it wasn't the best neighborhood and {rugby street in Sout Providence, RI if anyone is familiar with the area}, so he said he just stood still, well the guys didn't think thats what he should have done so they took it upon themselves to start pushing him around the sidewalk, my customers daughter came running downstairs saying there was trouble outside and explaining what was happening as I was running up the stairs and to the trouble, the inspector grabbed his phone and called the police..
So on the way up the stairs, I made sure my pistol was ready to get drawn{ it sits on a belt clip no holster} I get outside, and sure enough my tech is on the ground trying to get under my so not to get kicked... The normal "white boy, blah blah blah stuff is getting spurted out and there was only 3 guys when I got out there, supposedly there was 4 or 5 in the beginning. I run over and push two of them away from my truck and keep all 3 in front of me, the one on the other side of the truck ran, and the two I pushed {one fell the other grabbed a telephone pole to stay up, they werent small guys one was taller than me but skinny and the other was maybe 5-10 220lbs.. A lot of "what are you gonna do big man, blah blah blah" I said "chuck, are you alright?" he said "yah, Ill be good", then I said "your call guys, what happens next" and they turned around and started walking away, not 4 seconds later you could hear the sirens, and then they started running, they got 2 of them and they didn't even spend a night in jail, we were laughing about it because my tech spent 6 1/2 hours down there giving reports and BS, and the criminals spent less time in jail than he did doing the paperwork!!! And it cost me more money than them, they got a free lawyer and a ride to and from the police station, I gave my tech a week off, paid his copay for him to get checked out {he had some scrapes and bumps, but nothing serious}, he was only with me that day to help measure a few jobs so he had his own clothes on which got ruined so I paid him for a pair of sneakers, a shirt and pair of jeans, all said and done I probably paid $1500 for that scuffle...

Anyway, what if one of them guys pulled a gun, if I didn't have mine I would be shot because they were not trying to fight me, I could see that in their faces... Street smarts are great, and being able to keep you cool when under pressure is priceless, but I like to keep my odds as good as possible....
Watch this video about Suzanna Hupp tell me how you were talking your way out of that... Dr. Suzanna Hupp Testimony Before Congress on the 2nd Amendment - YouTube

Like I said, to each their own, but I always explain my point of view to people because what if someday I convince another person to carry and that saves a good persona life someday, otherwise I would keep it to myself... I do NOT mean to offend anyone, and I think it is great if you feel secure enough to not carry, but I have seen a lot of stuff, {in person, not on tv} and of course also watched the news and read a few books {yeah I read, at least 20 books a year, I know its hard to believe but I do, lol My wife reads around 50 books a year!!!!, thats just insane if you ask me but she works in the hospital so they have a lot of time on their hands, lol}, so I know what can go wrong, and I like to have a plan just in case...

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
I haven't shaved in 4 weeks. It's patchy and ridiculous and I love it strictly for comedic value. It looks like a 16 year olds attempt at a beard and I'm 28

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I haven't shaved in 4 weeks. It's patchy and ridiculous and I love it strictly for comedic value. It looks like a 16 year olds attempt at a beard and I'm 28

If I don't shave every morning, just my cheeks and neck {I keep a full beard but short} I will look like an ape by the end of the week... I just trim the entire beard uniform length maybe twice a week with the trimmers, then straight edge my cheeks and neck, old school straight razor, no cartridge or inserts, sharpen with a strop and send them in a couple times a year to get honed... Professionally Sharpened Dovo Desert Ironwood Stainless 5/8 - $309.99 : you will never shave with a mach121 or fancy vibrating shaft cutter again... PLUS if anyone ever tries to sneak up on you and ambush you while shaving you have a weapon at the ready, bathroom ninja...

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
If I don't shave every morning, just my cheeks and neck {I keep a full beard but short} I will look like an ape by the end of the week... I just trim the entire beard uniform length maybe twice a week with the trimmers, then straight edge my cheeks and neck, old school straight razor, no cartridge or inserts, sharpen with a strop and send them in a couple times a year to get honed... Professionally Sharpened Dovo Desert Ironwood Stainless 5/8 - $309.99 : you will never shave with a mach121 or fancy vibrating shaft cutter again... PLUS if anyone ever tries to sneak up on you and ambush you while shaving you have a weapon at the ready, bathroom ninja...
People have been telling me about those for years. I'm right there with you in that dept. If I don't shave twice a day it looks like I don't bother. I've yet to find a razor that doesn't go dull half way through. I now have a decent beard trimmer and just use that to get it as short as possible without actually shaving. Same length as if I shaved in the morning to around 6 pm. Wife likes it so I win. Kinda.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Not only is mine patchy, but it's kinda stringy. Nothing like an asian with a patchy stringy beard :eek:

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
People have been telling me about those for years. I'm right there with you in that dept. If I don't shave twice a day it looks like I don't bother. I've yet to find a razor that doesn't go dull half way through. I now have a decent beard trimmer and just use that to get it as short as possible without actually shaving. Same length as if I shaved in the morning to around 6 pm. Wife likes it so I win. Kinda.
Buying razor cartridges gets expensive and my beard is hard on razors too, but since I started using honest amish beard conditioner and using a warm damp towel before I shave, I have to sharpen my razor much less... Also I use Poraso shaving soap withthe euclalytus and menthol, it softens your beard and smells good..

My wife swears I am worse than her with my toiletries I am very specific to what I use, I also only like Mistral mens soap for body wash, in a bar its called sandlewood bamboo, its great stuff.......

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Home | Dollar Shave Club

Buying razor cartridges gets expensive and my beard is hard on razors too, but since I started using honest amish beard conditioner and using a warm damp towel before I shave, I have to sharpen my razor much less... Also I use Poraso shaving soap withthe euclalytus and menthol, it softens your beard and smells good..

My wife swears I am worse than her with my toiletries I am very specific to what I use, I also only like Mistral mens soap for body wash, in a bar its called sandlewood bamboo, its great stuff.......

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I would never be a part of something like that, lol the price structure doesnt even make sense 2 blades 5 times a month for $1 or 6 blades 4 times a month for $9 simple math I would rather just buy a bunch of the 2 blade 5 times a month, more blade for the money....

I can guarantee once you use a strait razor you will never look back, you can get a decent straight for around $75, then a strop for $35, a badger bristle brush for $12 and a wet stone for $40 to do your own honing... so for under $200 you never have to buy another razor again, and you can hand that razor down to your great grand kids, lol.. Dovo Black Handle Straight Razor with Storage Case Made in Germany New | eBay Amazon.com: Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush: Health & Personal Care Amazon.com: Fromm Razor Strop 2 1/2" X 23": Health & Personal Care

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I guarantee you I don't grow enough facial hair to ever begin to bother with a straight blade :D

I would never be a part of something like that, lol the price structure doesnt even make sense 2 blades 5 times a month for $1 or 6 blades 4 times a month for $9 simple math I would rather just buy a bunch of the 2 blade 5 times a month, more blade for the money....

I can guarantee once you use a strait razor you will never look back, you can get a decent straight for around $75, then a strop for $35, a badger bristle brush for $12 and a wet stone for $40 to do your own honing... so for under $200 you never have to buy another razor again, and you can hand that razor down to your great grand kids, lol.. Dovo Black Handle Straight Razor with Storage Case Made in Germany New | eBay Amazon.com: Escali 100% Pure Badger Shaving Brush: Health & Personal Care Amazon.com: Fromm Razor Strop 2 1/2" X 23": Health & Personal Care

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

I may have to look into that if I decide to go clean shaven again.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis