Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Just made these cherry jaffa cakes 20 min. ago. Happy with the result. They're no lookers (I wonder why I even used the mold), but the taste is everything I hoped for.
upload_2017-11-1_19-16-14.jpeg

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
John Schnatter is who Jerry Jones refers to as a 'Great American'. LOL!

DNmRyqwVAAADHjN.jpg

Last edited:
psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I asked people to take whatever they would spend on a gift for my birthday and donate the money to an animal shelter. People came through.
We were able to get 10 cases of cat food, 5 litter boxes & (5 scoops), 5 bags of litter and donated old towels and sheets.

20171029_140659.jpg
20171029_140654.jpg

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
Notes on pasta avocado
upload_2017-11-9_18-24-37.jpeg

Avocado is one bland MF. Unless you do something with it, you're not getting much in return. I scooped it out, squashed it with a fork (didn't want to use the blender, I don't like mushy baby food) and sprinkled it with olive oil, put some ground garlic, spoon of honey, lemon juice from one lemon, freshly ground pepper and salt. I tossed the boiled pasta around in this avocado sauce until it coated the pasta. Served with some crispy bacon and Grana Padano and chilli flakes.

This way it was OK.:cool:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
WTF? Doesn't anyone get bored?
Bored enough to fill nail holes on newly installed baseboards and throw on the last coat of paint after caulking of course? No, not that bored ...

... but I have to do that in order to get the paint stuff and work bench the f^%& out of ManTown. It's starting to feel like I'm living in YAA's closet.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Bored enough to fill nail holes on newly installed baseboards and throw on the last coat of paint after caulking of course? No, not that bored ...

... but I have to do that in order to get the paint stuff and work bench the f^%& out of ManTown. It's starting to feel like I'm living in YAA's closet.
In my defense it is a walk in closet so there should be plenty of space. It's more than I gave Adam.......

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Got a Google Home Mini. I then put it on top of the 2.2 computer rig and let the girl believe that like 10 cubic feet of DM and TLS designed booksheves, midbass cabinets and subs were the sound of the mini. She thought it was a hell of a bargain for 30 bucks. :D

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Got a Google Home Mini. I then put it on top of the 2.2 computer rig and let the girl believe that like 10 cubic feet of DM and TLS designed booksheves, midbass cabinets and subs were the sound of the mini. She thought it was a hell of a bargain for 30 bucks. :D
I have been working on Home Control with some Automation over the holidays. Even though it's not prime time yet, it's pretty neat yet frustrating. There is so much potential but no common protocols so you have to be careful on what you get. So far I have 30 lights or so(multi-colored bulbs) a thermostat, door locks, electric fireplace insert, all my Audio and Video gear, ceiling fans, garage door control and a vacuum. It's being controlled mainly by Eco Dot but the harmony and 2 other hubs are involved. I tried the Google Mini but it was worse than the Dot.

My favorite part is the Vacuum which I figured couldn't replace a real vacuum but now I think it can(I am on my 3rd one as I started cheap, then got a mid level one and now a top of the line one.

When I leave my house in the mornings, my TV, AVR, SAT box, amps, fireplace and ceiling fan turn off, my lights dim to 20% and some are set to go off and my vacuum begins to clean my house. Once I arrive back within my geo-fence, everything tuns back on.

When I awaken I say Alexa good morning and she turns on my lights, turns on the news, fires up the fireplace and reads me the weather report for my area.

Tell her movie night and the lights go dim, NetFlix or Amazon starts and the fireplace comes on.

Plus Alexa can fart which is always funny.....

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I have been working on Home Control with some Automation over the holidays. Even though it's not prime time yet, it's pretty neat yet frustrating. There is so much potential but no common protocols so you have to be careful on what you get. So far I have 30 lights or so(multi-colored bulbs) a thermostat, door locks, electric fireplace insert, all my Audio and Video gear, ceiling fans, garage door control and a vacuum. It's being controlled mainly by Eco Dot but the harmony and 2 other hubs are involved. I tried the Google Mini but it was worse than the Dot.

My favorite part is the Vacuum which I figured couldn't replace a real vacuum but now I think it can(I am on my 3rd one as I started cheap, then got a mid level one and now a top of the line one.

When I leave my house in the mornings, my TV, AVR, SAT box, amps, fireplace and ceiling fan turn off, my lights dim to 20% and some are set to go off and my vacuum begins to clean my house. Once I arrive back within my geo-fence, everything tuns back on.

When I awaken I say Alexa good morning and she turns on my lights, turns on the news, fires up the fireplace and reads me the weather report for my area.

Tell her movie night and the lights go dim, NetFlix or Amazon starts and the fireplace comes on.

Plus Alexa can fart which is always funny.....
What automation software/hardware are you using?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Oh that's right, your BIL or something is a sparky. It sounds cool. My only use for the mini is as a bluetooth speaker. Did you set that up yourself or was it like your version on DIY where you pay somebody? :D

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
My UMC-200 is dead at the moment. Fortunately, I've got my second setup running as an A/V rig these days, so I'm not totally out. Contemplating setting up the Oppo as a pre/pro in the basement, but...laziness...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis