Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I have about 6 pairs of headphones right now and a few that I've had in the past. Of the in ear headphones, the Polks are ok, but the fit leaves something to be desired since the rubber tips don't really work that well and the foam are a bear to fit properly. The sound is mediocre, neither great nor especially bad. Not really worth $100 IMO.

The Sennheiser CX 1.00 are probably the best in ears I have right now. The rubber tips actually work pretty well and do a good job at blocking out 70-80% of ambient noise. As odd as it might sound, you just have to remember to wet the tips (lol) a little before putting them in your ears. Sounds is good, bass is a little strong, but not by much.

The other in ears aren't worth mentioning, but I will say that the best pair of in ears I've ever had were a pair of Shure SE something or others. They had the triple drivers and were around $450ish. The sound was amazing, they almost totally blocked ambient noise and they were easy to transport and wear while working out because they never wobbled out. The only downside is that they were uncomfortable to wear for extended periods of time, 3+ hours. Perhaps they've improved since then.

Currently the pair of headphones I wear most to workout is a pair of Sennheiser HD380 Pro. They're comfortable, sound great and even though they're over the ear, aren't excessively large IMO. Well worth the money, especially since I got them on sale. Highly recommended.

My at home pair are open back Sennheiser HD650's. Extremely comfortable, natural, neutral sound, and with the right recordings I get a similar experience to the Phil 3's in terms of a spacious sound. I pretty much gave up computer speakers and transitioned solely to these headphones.

Only downside to all of them is that they're all wired. I tried a pair of wireless BT headphones awhile back and wasn't impressed with them. I'm sure, as BSA said, the tech has improved, but wireless isn't a huge need for me ATM so I haven't bothered to find out.
Thanks Fuzz.

I think I am having the most difficulty trying to figure out the best source. So far I kind of like Spotify but I would think that there has to be a better way to get the music to my ears than using my Tablet or phone.

My computer is in a separate room and my AVR is 22+ feet from my bike trainer so I am not certain of my best options. It seems like there should be a way to BT from my AVR.

...or...would an external DAC/headphone amp connected to my phone or table work? I am not sure what connections I would use with this since phones are hit/miss using peripherals via the USB charging port.( Phone is Galaxy S6 and tablet is Galaxy Note 4)

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/best-big-cans-and-a-hard-tight-tendon.97552/

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
A quick update on the Sierra 2 repair. Dave says the tweeters are out of stock till second half of February. I asked if repair was off the table and if i need to buy a replacement pair, but, haven't heard back.

Last edited:
ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
My wife and I had a long talk Saturday morning and decided we were going to slow way down and drinking and eating out. By 3 pm we were belly-up to a bar for whiskey drinks and a late lunch...

What can I say? They opened a new place that is owned by the chef of 2 of our favorite places and it is connected to a bike shop...

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
We are looking for our next binge. Is it good?
Excellent, 5 stars.

I like British murder mysteries, but only if they don't cheat. Like introducing new characters or showing important clues in such an obscure way that few people notice it. Broadchurch did not cheat and they kept the identity of the murderer secret until near the end. Good writing and good acting.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Another snow day, a few burned fingers and a heavy does of procastination later (as far as real work goes) and the Testarossa's are a day's work away from being functional. Although some missing speakons may keep me from actually being able to try them.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Maryland is stupid. I have off this whole week. FML. Definitely not sarcasm.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Excellent, 5 stars.

I like British murder mysteries, but only if they don't cheat. Like introducing new characters or showing important clues in such an obscure way that few people notice it. Broadchurch did not cheat and they kept the identity of the murderer secret until near the end. Good writing and good acting.
We are about 3/4 through the first season. It is very good. I think I may have it figured out but I also think I may be wrong....

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
We both figured it out before episode 8 too, but we didn't want to believe it.
We will likely finish tonight(first season). Is the second season a different story or a continuation?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Photobucket is down. Hopefully they're fixing whatever the heck was wrong with it. Whenever I've uploaded from the mobile app it uploads like 3-5 of the same picture. Plus it seems like the mobile app is constantly uploading even when the picture has already been uploaded.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis