Presumptuous aren't we?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Alex,

I'm assuming that you're directing your "give me one" comment to Ryan. After all, his red chicklet would probably knock you down about two points. You weren't opening it up to the rest of us, were you? ;)

Adam
I dare you to give me a red chicklet.:D

Actually I wondered what they looked like but after taking a better look I noticed the green squares and then I noticed the red square that is permanently on my User CP from when I got put on probation. So now I would not benefit in any way from neg rep. :)

Even though our friend Ryan has had his disagreements and red chicklets to show for it, I'm still pretty sure he has a better understanding of how sound behaves and how gear works than I do. If I could, I would happily trade my chicklets in for knowledge. Learning is all up hill for me. :)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Well somebody obliged me to the tune of -20 points worth of red chicklets.
This guy was no slouch but anonymous just the same. Pussy. :D :p
My other red square stands alone under "Infractions". :cool:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
-20? Ouch. As much as it stings, it's only a blip on your positive rep. 11 chicklets versus that...no contest. Can you blame the person for being anonymous, though? You'd pay back more than that, so they probably played it safe...even though you did ask for it! Literally. :D No, no. It wasn't me, as I'm sure that you know. My policy on those is quite clear.

Seriously, though - it's too bad that you got one.

BTW, sometimes I hate watching the news. Within about two minutes as I was typing this, they covered the following stories: a man doused a woman in gasoline and then set her on fire, another man sexually assaulted and killed a woman, and someone with a truck killed a two-year old in a hit and run. Depressing.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Seriously, though - it's too bad that you got one.
It's of no consequence.
Unless of course I get down to 10 chicklets.
I don't think I would want to live with only 10 chicklets. :rolleyes:

I can't handle the news either. Anymore it's like watching the Saw movies.

Oh yeah, the neg repper left 'like this' as a comment to satisfy post #19. Pretty clever. :)

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
mmm... all this talk of chiclets is making me hungary!!! :D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
can u take a screen shot of the infractions window on your cp :D

majorloser

majorloser

Mike,

What you say we each give everybody a negative rep and see them all get knock down a couple chicklets? :rolleyes: jk

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
What you say we each give everybody a negative rep and see them all get knock down a couple chicklets? :rolleyes: jk
I was wondering when this day would come. Now that it's here, I can't tell if this feeling is fear or excitement. Perhaps a mixture of both.

Lock and load. Viva la Revolution!

[J/K, too, of course! :D]

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I hate that as well, oh well.:D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Mike,

yeah ... im looking at this one guy with more chicklets than us :D jk

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I hate that as well, oh well.:D
I don't know, it was kind of funny. I was expecting Spkr Bldr to oblige me with a hit of a few points like Adam was astute enough to figure out. He's a quick study, that one. So I took note of my points. It was 1819, right? Even though I say it's no big deal because it's not a big deal you still should have seen my face when I noticed that little red square in the column that's always been all green. When I got to the bit about my points being 1799,
I think my jaw dropped. :D Well, it did but only a little. :) Alright fine, it hit the floor. :eek:

My only encounters with anonymity have been from people leaving unsigned pos rep and that kind of bothered me because I like knowing who my friends are so to speak. So I can see the beauty of anonymous neg rep. It's like putting a blind fold on someone and then kicking 'em in the balls. WTF, you already think they're a douche bag. Signed neg rep is weird sign of respect. You can still hammer things out and move on.

I'm kind of curious if the mods or admin can see peoples User CP's and PM's. I bet they can. Maybe not the mods but I think admin can for sure. BTW, the -20 pts could only have been dished out by a select few. I made a little experiment of the whole thanks & rep thing recently. I figure it was someone with 7 or 8 chicklets and a rather devilish sense of humor that I have exchanged good natured barbs with previously. ;)

Last edited:
Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Seeing as how you were of the three that helped me learn how to do this, how could I say no?

May I present to you:

My Badge of Shame :D,

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
nice! looks just like a red chicklet - only permanent :D

J

jamie2112

Banned
Ohhhh Alex I got one too last night from a Bush sympathizer ....he he he too funny:D:D:D

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
oh and btw alex, i was wondering when you said i helped you learn this ... i said, i never taught anyone how to "print screen"

then i looked at your pic again, literally a picture of the screen :D

next time just hit the "print screen" button on your keyboard, open up a graphics program like microsoft photo editor, picture editor, adobe or corel and click 'paste as new' on the edit menu :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Alex, you crack me up, man! Only you would actually take a photo of your screen. :D

If you hit the Print Screen button (mine says "Prt Scr/SysRq" on my keyboard), which is normally along the top row of buttons on a keyboard, it will take a snapshot of the screen. If you hold down the "Alt" key while pressing the Print Screen button, it will take a snapshot of the currently active window (e.g. your web browser). It stores the image on your clipboard, so you need to paste it into something - such as a photo editor or Microsoft Office document. A slightly more detailed description is available here.

Anyway, thanks for the screenshot. It's interesting to see that.

EDIT: Mike posted while I was typing. So, my post is just more of the same...but I gotta keep it here to poke fun at ya. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
BTW, I just tried to track down the ridiculously off-topic post that got you put on probation, but it must have been deleted. Bummer. Either the rules have changed since then, or that must have been one heck of a post. After all, your post was on page 38. It's hard to get a thread to go a couple of pages before something off-topic gets put in around here. :) Usually by you, though. :D J/K.

On a side note, that was one long thread at 52 pages.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
then i looked at your pic again, literally a picture of the screen :D
Alex, you crack me up, man! Only you would actually take a photo of your screen. :D
I was actually pretty pleased with my computer/camera prowess. :D
But I can fold a fitted bedsheet like nobody else. :p Ha! :D

Edit: Done with the laundry, thank you. I'll play around with those instructions later. I appreciate the tips. Really.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis