PBS Palin qualified for VP Poll

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
No need to be sorry. That is you and it is a personal choice and decision one makes what we believe, what we are for or against, as it should be.
I just happen to have a different one, nothing more.:D
I can be strongly opinionated as well, we all can be about our positions. Just think how boring it would be if we were all the same. What would we talk about since we agreed on them.:D
Very well said.....;)

Peace,
Tommy

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
That was in reference to life, not abortion, when life starts and, of course the soul as that dictates life, right?
I guess i have always been of the belief that if someone was alive they have a soul. Im not real sure it could be otherwise. All of the doctors visits, my wife and i have been to during her pregnacy, have been very informative. The doctors here at University of Florida Shands, have been leading me to believe that life begins at conception. I guess i could ask one of them directly what he or she knows on the subject. My wife just happens to have another appointment in the morning :p

Peace,
Tommy

jinjuku

jinjuku

It also depends on one's position of when human life starts, at cell divisions, or when it is viable on its own?
Biologically it begins at conception. Just thought you would like to know. It is officially an "organism". Goes from uni to multi-cellular that is all.

It's no secret what your going to get in nine months... It's also no secret what you aren't going to get if you abort it.

My sister in law gave up here daughter 17 years ago for adoption. I have met my niece, really great young women and wonderful parents.

My brother and his girl friend at 14 years ago had an abortion. Two years later my nephew was born. He's a great kid, I would have liked to have known his older sibling. There isn't a day that goes by that my brother doesn't feel guilt and regret over that.

They had legitimate choices that didn't involve ending a life that had no voice or chance of his/her own. Choices that family and friends would have been fully in step with them on.

Please don't start with arguments that are tantamount to in utero euthanasia.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Well, it is a little more than that.
I think the Supreme Court has something to say about what laws can be passed about this issue. And, that is exactly what the Republican party is trying to remedy, appoint judges with their point of view not only at the Supreme court level but at federal level as well.
They did appoint 2 sympathetic judges so far. McCain would have an opportunity for probably 2 more that would put a nail in that coffin, no?
It sounds like you've taken me literally.
Well, semantics aside.
It comes down to Roe vs. Wade being changed.
It has not been touched in over thirty years.
It also comes down to politicians finding 'Hot Button' emotional issues to rally their 'Fanboys' They do that because they know fanboys are fanatics that let the psychology of politics control them.

It's not good, when an issue of Personal Responsibility is used as a political football. That's the Libertarian in me speaking.:)

And, I don't buy the concept of judges who strictly interpret the constitution and those who make laws on the bench. One mans making law is another mans interpreting the law; so, it depends on which side you are on.
I can only suggest you read the book: GOVERNMENT BY JUDICIARY - Raoul Berger http://www.amazon.com/GOVERNMENT-JUDICIARY-RAOUL-BERGER/dp/0865971447

Last edited:
D

D.R. Payne

Audioholic
It sounds like you've taken me literally.
Well, semantics aside.
It comes down to Roe vs. Wade being changed.
It has not been touched in over thirty years.
It also comes down to politicians finding 'Hot Button' emotional issues to rally their 'Fanboys' They do that because they know fanboys are fanatics that let the psychology of politics control them.

It's not good, when an issue of Personal Responsibility is used as a political football. That's the Libertarian in me speaking.:)

I can only suggest you read the book: GOVERNMENT BY JUDICIARY - Raoul Berger http://www.amazon.com/GOVERNMENT-JUDICIARY-RAOUL-BERGER/dp/0865971447
Rickster - are you voting for Bob Barr?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I guess i have always been of the belief that if someone was alive they have a soul. Im not real sure it could be otherwise. All of the doctors visits, my wife and i have been to during her pregnacy, have been very informative. The doctors here at University of Florida Shands, have been leading me to believe that life begins at conception. I guess i could ask one of them directly what he or she knows on the subject. My wife just happens to have another appointment in the morning :p

Peace,
Tommy
Well, some could believe that, especially when their religion is of that opinion. Just because one is a doctor doesn't mean they all have the same opinion on this. It is up to interpretation not in concrete.:D It ain't 2+2=
Is it viable though on its own? Cells dividing. Lots of other cells divide too:D
Have a great appointment, or your wife, that is. :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
OK, wait.
My friend mtrycrafts, the man who can smell audio snake oil from a mile away. The man who speaks of double blind studies, and controlled test conditions.... reads the Huffington Post!?:eek:
The only way Huffington could be more bias and rabid left wing...
She would have to hire Fidel Castro to read Karl Marx's diary to us at bed time.:D

zhimbo

zhimbo

Audioholic General
Pretty bold to catagorically insult 50% of the nation.

More to the point, this isn't a randomly sampled poll, and so its results are pretty much meaningless. You have people at conservative sites and liberal sites sending all their readers (yes, I've seen this, lots of times) to vote multiple times (the site is unsophisticated, and allows repeat voting), so it's entirely skewed. This is not a random sampling of U.S. opinion.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
OK, wait.
My friend mtrycrafts, the man who can smell audio snake oil from a mile away. The man who speaks of double blind studies, and controlled test conditions.... reads the Huffington Post!?:eek:
The only way Huffington could be more bias and rabid left wing...
She would have to hire Fidel Castro to read Karl Marx's diary to us at bed time.:D

You mean that writer has these words all messed up, and they are false?

Decisions by the Secretary pursuant to the authority of this Act are non-reviewable and committed to agency discretion, and may not be reviewed by any court of law or any administrative agency.

Or, is the article in whole unreliable and biased, but that article 8 is correct?

Wish I could DBT politics:D

Oh, glad that I am still a friend :)

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Well, some could believe that, especially when their religion is of that opinion. Just because one is a doctor doesn't mean they all have the same opinion on this. It is up to interpretation not in concrete.:D It ain't 2+2=
Is it viable though on its own? Cells dividing. Lots of other cells divide too:D
Have a great appointment, or your wife, that is. :D
The doctor told us that "When does life begin" is an ethical question. She could only say that when a person tests positive for being pregnant, thats when there is considered to be a life present. She also went on to say that FL allows abortion up to 24 weeks after conception. Nothing real for anyone to use in those words of wisdom from the doctor. Im gonna say it has to be a human life when there is a heart beat. That i believe is reasonble....:D

Peace,
Tommy

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
The doctor told us that "When does life begin" is an ethical question. She could only say that when a person tests positive for being pregnant, thats when there is considered to be a life present. She also went on to say that FL allows abortion up to 24 weeks after conception. Nothing real for anyone to use in those words of wisdom from the doctor. Im gonna say it has to be a human life when there is a heart beat. That i believe is reasonble....:D

Peace,
Tommy
Yeah, I remember the good old days in the whom. Wait, I don't. I don't even remember when I was 2. Life is self sustaining. 6 cells is not a life. It isn't a life, until it exits the host in which it grew. Or has it's own reactions. If the featus can kick, it has thought, and therefore life.

SheepStar

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, I remember the good old days in the whom. Wait, I don't. I don't even remember when I was 2. Life is self sustaining. 6 cells is not a life. It isn't a life, until it exits the host in which it grew. Or has it's own reactions. If the featus can kick, it has thought, and therefore life.

SheepStar
Im not sure what you are saying...LOL
Give a quick clear rundown:p

Matt34

Matt34

SheepStar
So that thing inside my wife using her bladder as a speed bag is alive? Who'd have thunk?;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis