PBS Palin qualified for VP Poll

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
The GOP touts it believes in the wisdom of the American people and that each state is to govern itself. Yet, they wish to tell people what to do and would love to introduce legislation that overrules states' standing rules on the matter of abortion. It doesn't add up with the GOP party of today.

The way I see it, we should not be telling women what to do in the case of abortion. If one believes in God, let he/she do the judging of these people.
The Roe vs. Wade decision came down in 1973.
Bush has been in for eight years. If the Republicans were going to change abortion laws, they would've by now. It's been OK for over thirty years.
It just sounds like unfortunate emotional scare tactics by the Democrats.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
The Roe vs. Wade decision came down in 1973.
Bush has been in for eight years. If the Republicans were going to change abortion laws, they would've by now. It's been OK for over thirty years.
It just sounds like unfortunate emotional scare tactics by the Democrats.
Well, it is a little more than that.
I think the Supreme Court has something to say about what laws can be passed about this issue. And, that is exactly what the Republican party is trying to remedy, appoint judges with their point of view not only at the Supreme court level but at federal level as well.
They did appoint 2 sympathetic judges so far. McCain would have an opportunity for probably 2 more that would put a nail in that coffin, no?
And, I don't buy the concept of judges who strictly interpret the constitution and those who make laws on the bench. One mans making law is another mans interpreting the law; so, it depends on which side you are on.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

..... she wants to take polar bears off the endangered species list (I guess so she can drill and hunt them with high powered rifles?), ....
That is because it interferes with oil drilling and greenhouse gas creation. :D

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
There comes a point when we have to do whats good for everyone. Letting a woman abort a child by means of partial birth abortion isnt good for anyone involved. Im glad you respect my position.

Its not about who believes in God or who doesnt. Abortion takes human life. Simple as that. We as Humans have to look out for those who cant look out for themselves. Babies that are unborn are Humans too.

Before i make this statement let me be clear on one thing.....not all prochoice advocates are this way, but the majority are. Prochoice activists will stand up for thier right to kill unborn babies today, and tommorow they want to hang someone who abused an animal from the highest tree. This mentality doesnt make sense to me. Kill babies, but protect an animal?

I have a link to a website that has information on abortion and the methodes used to perform abortions. Im not gonna post the link due to the fact they have VERY graphic pictures of partial birth aborted babies posted there. I dont think there is a person who could look at those pictures and still think abortion is ok.

If anyone wants the link shoot me a PM ill send you the Link.

Peace,
Tommy
I completely understand what you're saying. But there is another way of looking at this. You mention that abortion takes human life and it's as simple as that. One could argue that war also takes human life, yet we still wage it; it isn't always for defense either. I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole abortion issue, but do lean a bit more towards pro-choice. I do think it happens a bit too easily and it shouldn't be allowed as late as it currently is. It isn't a pretty picture.

J

jamie2112

Banned
After watching 60 minutes and hearing McCain say he honestly thought Palin would make a qualified President. My jaw dropped. He said he feels she is well qualified to be the President of the United States. I will not be voting republican for sure after hearing that. Its all smoke and mirrors as far as the GOP goes IMO of course...:eek:

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
I can certainly accept that. And, I bet your family will follow that ideology. But, some try to force others to do the same by law. That, I am against.

When has there not been laws against killing human beings that are innocent?
An abortion does just that. Im all for a law that prevents a woman from killing a baby because she cant be responsible.

Peace,
Tommy

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

There comes a point when we have to do whats good for everyone. Letting a woman abort a child by means of partial birth abortion isnt good for anyone involved. Im glad you respect my position.

Its not about who believes in God or who doesnt. Abortion takes human life. Simple as that. We as Humans have to look out for those who cant look out for themselves. Babies that are unborn are Humans too.

Before i make this statement let me be clear on one thing.....not all prochoice advocates are this way, but the majority are. Prochoice activists will stand up for thier right to kill unborn babies today, and tommorow they want to hang someone who abused an animal from the highest tree. This mentality doesnt make sense to me. Kill babies, but protect an animal?

I have a link to a website that has information on abortion and the methodes used to perform abortions. Im not gonna post the link due to the fact they have VERY graphic pictures of partial birth aborted babies posted there. I dont think there is a person who could look at those pictures and still think abortion is ok.

If anyone wants the link shoot me a PM ill send you the Link.

Peace,
Tommy
I think pro choice is about giving the individual that choice, not edict by law not to do something, about your body.
As to human life, that too is about whose definition or idea or belief one accepts.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
I will tell you this, Ill agree with abortion in any circumstance, IF they will make any woman Sterile after their first abortion as a stipilation of recieving it. I bet you then there would be a whole new understanding of the prochoice view.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
I think pro choice is about giving the individual that choice, not edict by law not to do something, about your body.
As to human life, that too is about whose definition or idea or belief one accepts.

It wasnt that long ago that you were weilding science as a sword against ID.....now dont you know that that same science has proven when life begins?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I wouldnt expect him to say different about GWB....or anyone else he supports. I read the page on him in Wikipedia.....he has had a questionable political past. I dont take anything he says with any value. I could list the things im referring to but anyone who wants to see them can go to Wikipedia and read them.

mtrycrafts, please dont mistake my comments as a defense for Palin. Im not defending her or bashing her. I dont know enough about her to offer up much of an opinion on her at this time. I will study up more on her and the other candidates before i cast my ballot.

Im mearly pointing out the Rove probably isnt a source i would consider when offering up opinions or advice when it comes to Palin.

Peace,
Tommy

He may have had questionable past history, but, he was a key person in GWB cabinet. And, he does know politics, good or bad. No one will know for sure why she was picked as the ones who know will not be talking anytime soon.
It is just interesting that a republican such a he would come out and say that. And, since his protege is on McCains staff, maybe he knows?

I won't take your questions as her defense:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I completely understand what you're saying. But there is another way of looking at this. You mention that abortion takes human life and it's as simple as that. One could argue that war also takes human life, yet we still wage it; it isn't always for defense either. I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole abortion issue, but do lean a bit more towards pro-choice. I do think it happens a bit too easily and it shouldn't be allowed as late as it currently is. It isn't a pretty picture.
It also depends on one's position of when human life starts, at cell divisions, or when it is viable on its own?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

It wasnt that long ago that you were weilding science as a sword against ID.....now dont you know that that same science has proven when life begins?
Oh, scientists don't consider cell division as human life, but I have not polled all the scientists;) But, people of religion have their definition based in the good book, not science.

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Im sorry if i come off strong on abortion, but it is a subject that i feel strongly about, more than politics. I didnt mean to lead this thread in that direction. i also dont mean to push any of my ideas about abortion on anyone. If anyone has felt that i have been, please accept my apologies. Im strongly opinionated in that area, and the last thing i want is to be forceful about it.

Peace,
Tommy

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

After watching 60 minutes and hearing McCain say he honestly thought Palin would make a qualified President. My jaw dropped. He said he feels she is well qualified to be the President of the United States. I will not be voting republican for sure after hearing that. Its all smoke and mirrors as far as the GOP goes IMO of course...:eek:
What choice did he have in saying what he did? That she wasn't?:D
One should check out some of the recent writings about her behavior in office, how she handles things, how much she is disjointed, don't care about process, etc. Wish I had bookmarked that article:(

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
Oh, scientists don't consider cell division as human life, but I have not polled all the scientists;) But, people of religion have their definition based in the good book, not science.
Thats not true, the bible dont speak on abortion.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

When has there not been laws against killing human beings that are innocent?
An abortion does just that. Im all for a law that prevents a woman from killing a baby because she cant be responsible.

Peace,
Tommy
You see, that depends on who is and who is not a human being, doesn't it? Cells dividing, viability state has something to do with that. You have one definition I seem to have another and others on both side do have different definition.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I will tell you this, Ill agree with abortion in any circumstance, IF they will make any woman Sterile after their first abortion as a stipilation of recieving it. I bet you then there would be a whole new understanding of the prochoice view.
Why would you make that stipulation though? One doesn't follow the other, or dependent on the other, just a condition that you would accept.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Im sorry if i come off strong on abortion, but it is a subject that i feel strongly about, more than politics. I didnt mean to lead this thread in that direction. i also dont mean to push any of my ideas about abortion on anyone. If anyone has felt that i have been, please accept my apologies. Im strongly opinionated in that area, and the last thing i want is to be forceful about it.

Peace,
Tommy
No need to be sorry. That is you and it is a personal choice and decision one makes what we believe, what we are for or against, as it should be.
I just happen to have a different one, nothing more.:D
I can be strongly opinionated as well, we all can be about our positions. Just think how boring it would be if we were all the same. What would we talk about since we agreed on them.:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis