Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Like those two a lot. I also especially like his work in multi-ch on blu-ray/dvd, with Porcupine Tree I have Anesthetize; for Steven Wilson I have Get All You Deserve, The Raven That Refused To Sing, Hand.Cannot.Erase., 4 1/2, Insurgentes.

I also have his remixes of Emerson Lake & Palmer and Jethro Tull.

@Pogre try this interview on AH http://www.audioholics.com/music-reviews/steve-wilson-hand-cannot-erase
I have more or less all of his DVD-A and BD multichannel mixes and all of them are amazingly good. The review tells you why they're all good too. Also good unplugged...

Bit of talking, good track

Steven Solo

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Like those two a lot. I also especially like his work in multi-ch on blu-ray/dvd, with Porcupine Tree I have Anesthetize; for Steven Wilson I have Get All You Deserve, The Raven That Refused To Sing, Hand.Cannot.Erase., 4 1/2, Insurgentes.

I also have his remixes of Emerson Lake & Palmer and Jethro Tull.

@Pogre try this interview on AH http://www.audioholics.com/music-reviews/steve-wilson-hand-cannot-erase
I shall check out that interview HD. I'm also going to explore the rest of that Porcupine Tree album. I see myself maybe even purchasing some of their stuff.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I shall check out that interview HD. I'm also going to explore the rest of that Porcupine Tree album. I see myself maybe even purchasing some of their stuff.
I could always loan you a few....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Phil, just a suggestion, but the use of general terms like heck yeah or more yeah aren't going to do much as far as me being interested in the link, I just don't prefer to explore links without an idea of where they're going and with your hair band preferences....;). I'd like to see the name of the band/album (or track). Just my .02....

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil, just a suggestion, but the use of general terms like heck yeah or more yeah aren't going to do much as far as me being interested in the link, I just don't prefer to explore links without an idea of where they're going and with your hair band preferences....;). I'd like to see the name of the band/album (or track). Just my .02....
Good point Chris. Yeah, I do seem to like the hair bands a bit don't I? Funny thing is, I don't have any hair myself......LOL!!!! Will put more info into my links. At least, I finally learned how thanks to both you and Pogre. It is most appreciated. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good point Chris. Yeah, I do seem to like the hair bands a bit don't I? Funny thing is, I don't have any hair myself......LOL!!!! Will put more info into my links. At least, I finally learned how thanks to both you and Pogre. It is most appreciated. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Oh, you're killing it now with the link use and thank you! Yes, you do seem to have a hair band thing....not that there's anything wrong with that, but was too close to too many such bands in the day working with them; they hold little interest now for me in any case :) Love your enthusiasm, tho!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There are so many sub-genres in every genre that it is hard to know them all.
LOL, the number of genres/sub genres just crack me up, hard to keep up with them and just don't see the point of classifying metal beyond....metal.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
LOL, the number of genres/sub genres just crack me up, hard to keep up with them and just don't see the point of classifying metal beyond....metal.
Ehh, we humans like to classify things. I find it helps me narrow down what I like. Like I'm not big on death metal, but I enjoy folk metal. Makes it easier. And forget about all the sub-genres in industrial music, there has to be dozens.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Ehh, we humans like to classify things. I find it helps me narrow down what I like. Like I'm not big on death metal, but I enjoy folk metal. Makes it easier. And forget about all the sub-genres in industrial music, there has to be dozens.
Yep simply industrial works just fine. So the folk part is the pseudo-fiddling?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis