Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Yep simply industrial works just fine. So the folk part is the pseudo-fiddling?
I would guess so, yes. Nah, there are so many different things that fall under the broad stroke of industrial. Plenty of them I don't like. lol

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
How about this, how would you classify it beyond industrial (or those of discogs)? Pan Sonic - Katodivaihe / Cathodephase

Spotify link
I didn't say I know all the sub-genres, just some specific ones that I usually like and some specific ones I usually don't.

As far as your question about Pan Sonic, I honestly don't think you can classify them in one musical genre (or at least I couldn't). Some of their stuff I would say falls under industrial, maybe noise, some sounds more techno or house, and then other stuff just sounds purely experimental, some ambient, etc.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I didn't say I know all the sub-genres, just some specific ones that I usually like and some specific ones I usually don't.

As far as your question about Pan Sonic, I honestly don't think you can classify them in one musical genre (or at least I couldn't). Some of their stuff I would say falls under industrial, maybe noise, some sounds more techno or house, and then other stuff just sounds purely experimental, some ambient, etc.
Thanks. I think industrial is more than enough a descriptor still. Definitely an acquired taste ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Weird track from Steven Wilson, like almost too upbeat for him and a really odd video. Strangely enough, this track grew on me pretty quick.

Permanenting

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Pogre pauses cd... Like literally new NIN? I just started it.
Yes, literally new. Second EP they've put out in about 6 months or so!! Last one was OK, this one seems quite good.

previous EP: Not The Actual Events which came out in Dec. This one is Add Violence and came out last week.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, literally new. Second EP they've put out in about 6 months or so!! Last one was OK, this one seems quite good.

previous EP: Not The Actual Events which came out in Dec. This one is Add Violence and came out last week.
Nice. I was listening to some music when you posted that. I put it on and turned it up. I'm not big on the industrial sound, but I make an exception for NIN. I've always liked them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis