Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Here's one I can't figure out. Great song. Great picture for the video. Check out the link just for the photo
But, I can't figure out how to get a copy of the music.
It would appear they are not a U.S. based band, but, it seems really hard to find their music.

Blues Cousins. The Dream. 2014

If you can find something other than a youtube video for this song, like a download site for a good quality copy, I think you are advancing the cause of good blues and your karma will increase ten fold for the day.
Ever check out Tal Wilkenfeld? The picture reminded me... :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
That's from one of my favorite blu-rays, Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's
I've seen that one and another performance on a channel I used to get on Dish. Palladia. All live music. All the time. Satellite compression sucks(directv is worse) but I've been able to see a lot of great stuff there.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I've seen that one and another performance on a channel I used to get on Dish. Palladia. All live music. All the time. Satellite compression sucks(directv is worse) but I've been able to see a lot of great stuff there.
Directv audio is worse than Dish? First I've heard about Dish doing something better than Directv....I'd rather have the full lossless 5.1 audio anyways....plus the blu-ray has bonus material of Beck doing his rockabilly thing with the Big Town Playboys.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Directv audio is worse than Dish? First I've heard about Dish doing something better than Directv....I'd rather have the full lossless 5.1 audio anyways....plus the blu-ray has bonus material of Beck doing his rockabilly thing with the Big Town Playboys.
Oh yeah lossless is where it's at for sure.
On the audio side, is say both dishes are close. Picturewise, directv is a little more sketchy. Some material is better/worse than others but I got a lot of banding when I switched from Dish. I do miss palladia.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Oh yeah lossless is where it's at for sure.
On the audio side, is say both dishes are close. Picturewise, directv is a little more sketchy. Some material is better/worse than others but I got a lot of banding when I switched from Dish. I do miss palladia.
I'd always heard that Dish's video was much worse (I have used Directv for a few years now, never tried Dish due to comments about poorer video service). May have to review that decision....

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I'd always heard that Dish's video was much worse (I have used Directv for a few years now, never tried Dish due to comments about poorer video service). May have to review that decision....
That's interesting. I used dish for the last 15 years and while not perfect, they worked better for me. I have a plasma and lcd's like you do, and I've noticed on all my displays. Luckily I prioritize audio. derail over? Lol

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
MrBoat
I made a trip to the used CD store this week and struck out trying to find Larry Carlton there.
After listening to a couple more of the selections, I went ahead and ordered it from Amazon.
I should have Larry in the coral by Saturday.
thanks for the heads up on this guy.
Can't go wrong with just about anything by him. I had left off with him way back with the Crusaders and Steely Dan. He's been very busy since.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Here's something different. Real musicians, playing real instruments, live, in a studio.
It just so happens they include the horns, keyboards, guitars, vocals all in a single performance while gathered together. Double drum kits too. Not too much of that happening in today's music.

Tedeschi Trucks Band. Anyhow. released in 2016

Not only can the Derek Trucks dude play that gold top Les Paul, but Susan Tedeschi can do it equally as well. They make quite a pair.
That's been on my playlists for years. Dereck Trucks Joined the Allman brothers when he was a minor, If I am not mistaken. Very young at any rate. One of the best slide players on the planet.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Ever check out Tal Wilkenfeld? The picture reminded me... :)
Tal Wilkenfield. Yep. The Jeff Beck CD at Ronnie Scotts was my first introduction a couple of years ago.
Jeff Beck is tremendously talented. Endlessly talented. The Ronnie Scott's CD is pretty good for a lot of reasons.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I am a little disturbed by this video, but that is not surprising considering it is Tool. While I love The Pot, I think this is my favorite song off 10000 Days.

(sorry to Lovinthehd for videos lol).

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
guys with too much time on their hands hold guitar polls about who's the best guitar player etc etc.
Along with those meaningless polls will come some sort of speculation about how Jimi Hendrix would have turned out had he lived. I think had Jimi lived, he would have done well if he could keep up with what Buddy Guy has become. Buddy Guy can come play at my house anytime he wants.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Here's something you won't see everyday in our music culture. This lady on the saxophone is smooth as butter. She's Dutch, and probably speaks 1/2 dozen languages. If you can live with 20 seconds of her speaking at the beginning of this video, its a great live performance. Easy on the ears and the eyes.

Candy Dulfer. Lily was here. Performed in 2009.

Somebody posted a song "mountain of meat". This video has one on the keyboards !

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Here's something you won't see everyday in our music culture. This lady on the saxophone is smooth as butter. She's Dutch, and probably speaks 1/2 dozen languages. If you can live with 20 seconds of her speaking at the beginning of this video, its a great live performance. Easy on the ears and the eyes.

Candy Dulfer. Lily was here. Performed in 2009.

Somebody posted a song "mountain of meat". This video has one on the keyboards !
She's easy on the eyes for sure, and I see what you mean about the keyboards. LOL.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis