Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Lol. Just started APC myself!!!
They're here in SF next month!! That's one of the best shows I've ever seen and it was at that same venue too, the Bill Graham. It wasn't sold out, but only crappy tix available still, and the good ones are really pricey because there are only 2 shows in the area. Saw them on the Emotive tour. So good.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Wish I was in SF. Looks so amazing.
Never been able to so APC in person but have listened a lot. So tight. Great band. Like some puscifer too.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
This whole album has some good sound and bass. Always been a fan of the Gibson ES-335 sound.
MrBoat
I made a trip to the used CD store this week and struck out trying to find Larry Carlton there.
After listening to a couple more of the selections, I went ahead and ordered it from Amazon.
I should have Larry in the coral by Saturday.
thanks for the heads up on this guy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Here's a cover for you too (almost the whole album are anti-war covers)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Always liked this version. Kind of a bleak dystopian vibe.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Its like a Princess Bride quote "you keep using that word. I don' think it means what you think it means".
Horehounds sound like, well, something socially inacceptable. Hence bands making song with Horehounds in the title. But its an herb of some sort.

But the candies are pretty good. You should try some. Amazon will ship you a bag by dinner time.
Most candy stores, if they have wide ranging types of candy, will have horehounds there somewhere.
To me they taste like what I think molasses would taste like, but, not exactly.

Inconceivable.
LOL before you brought it up I was thinking more it was some sort of hunting dog :oops: I didn't think it was related to whorehounds, tho....

Not much of a candy guy these days....unless it's chocolate. :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I see, that's why you do that lol. I am usually at work, and often don't actually use the videos I post, just a sample of what I am listening to.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Part2 is part 3 in reality, but that is more because the threads got too long. The original "again" thread still works fine.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
You say you have a taste for mandolin, bagpipes and rock n roll?
Here's a tune that starts out low and slow and then kicks it up it to high gear.
That's a pun if you know the subject of the song.
Where else can you get this mix of sound?

Steve Earle. Copperhead Road. 1988.

Love the mix of instruments and melody

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
LOL at first I thought you meant he was a preacher or something :) I will try some Testament later, thanks for the info!
Lmao! I just figured you'd know. I guess some only know him from his later jazz works. I almost fell over when found out he went that way. Only because I didn't expect it, not cause it's a bad thing.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Jack White Acoustic Recordings 1998 - 2016 Hadn't heard about this one. Lots of great tracks on it - 26 tracks that span White Stripes, Raconteurs and his Solo stuff. I can listen to it on Amazon Music Unlimited right now, but I may pick the discs up too.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Jack White Acoustic Recordings 1998 - 2016 Hadn't heard about this one. Lots of great tracks on it (26 tracks). I can listen to it on Amazon Music Unlimited right now, but I may pick the discs up too.
Nice! Just found this on Spotify. Did the raconteurs just the other day.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Lmao! I just figured you'd know. I guess some only know him from his later jazz works. I almost fell over when found out he went that way. Only because I didn't expect it, not cause it's a bad thing.
Not a thrash metal fan so would be hard for me to know any band in that genre, but an interesting segue in a career for sure. Really like his jazz trio albums, tho.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis