Once again: what are you listening to now? Part 2.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I had a tough time finding this CD locally. I could find John Mayall. I could find John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers. But, I couldn't find John Mayall with Eric Clapton & the Bluesbreakers locally so I ordered it and it showed up today. Very tasty CD. I find the sound to be unique on this collection.
Thanks for hookin' me up with this.
LOL, check out the release history here

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
This song is really growing on me. The whole cd is. I just picked it up a week or 2 ago. I love that some metal bands are starting to sneak bass drops into there music. These guys do it on a couple of songs.
Chevelle: Ouija Board

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This song is really growing on me. The whole cd is. I just picked it up a week or 2 ago. I love that some metal bands are starting to sneak bass drops into there music. These guys do it on a couple of songs.
Chevelle: Ouija Board
Even on the first album. Like em a lot.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
When I listen to that I just think "slick". Those guys are good.

*Turns Chevelle back on*
While Marcus is indeed a great bassist (and has sessioned for many groups), have you checked out S.M.V. where he's joined by two other awesome bassists (Stanley Clarke and Victor Wooten)?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
While Marcus is indeed a great bassist (and has sessioned for many groups), have you checked out S.M.V. where he's joined by two other awesome bassists (Stanley Clarke and Victor Wooten)?
I haven't, but it's something I'd check out. I'll googletube it later.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Me too. Ironically, the first single "the Red" was and is one of my least favorites. Lol
When I first heard them they reminded me of Tool, but the more I listen I can see that they have their own thing. There isn't a lot new out there for good metal and prog metal. I love it when I find a band I really like.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
When I first heard them they reminded me of Tool, but the more I listen I can see that they have their own thing. There isn't a lot new out there for good metal and prog metal. I love it when I find a band I really like.
I've heard others connect them to tool also, but I've never felt like that. We seemed to be connected on the metal side. I've been getting into a band a called thrice.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
LOL, check out the release history here
wow. only 120 releases . no wonder.:eek:
I think the release I ended up with was number 118 of 120, the Deram/Decca release.
I would never have thought of looking at the release history. Interesting way to look at an album/CD.
I assume with every release, some cash register somewhere went chaching!

I just noticed, or it just came to me, with 120 releases (and counting) can an HD release at $50 or $60 bucks be far away?

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I've heard others connect them to tool also, but I've never felt like that. We seemed to be connected on the metal side. I've been getting into a band a called thrice.
I will definitely check them out. I agree. We do seem to share the same tastes in music.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Here's something different. Real musicians, playing real instruments, live, in a studio.
It just so happens they include the horns, keyboards, guitars, vocals all in a single performance while gathered together. Double drum kits too. Not too much of that happening in today's music.

Tedeschi Trucks Band. Anyhow. released in 2016

Not only can the Derek Trucks dude play that gold top Les Paul, but Susan Tedeschi can do it equally as well. They make quite a pair.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's something different. Real musicians, playing real instruments, live, in a studio.
It just so happens they include the horns, keyboards, guitars, vocals all in a single performance while gathered together. Double drum kits too. Not too much of that happening in today's music.

Tedeschi Trucks Band. Anyhow. released in 2016

Not only can the Derek Trucks dude play that gold top Les Paul, but Susan Tedeschi can do it equally as well. They make quite a pair.
Buck, I really like that. The beginning reminded me of my dad and his band at practice. They didn't have horns though. They played a lot of eagles, some Jonny Cash, folk songs... stuff like that.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Here's one I can't figure out. Great song. Great picture for the video. Check out the link just for the photo
But, I can't figure out how to get a copy of the music.
It would appear they are not a U.S. based band, but, it seems really hard to find their music.

Blues Cousins. The Dream. 2014

If you can find something other than a youtube video for this song, like a download site for a good quality copy, I think you are advancing the cause of good blues and your karma will increase ten fold for the day.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis