Audioholic Jedi
hi adam
i just purchased vsx - 522 - k
i m not getting any video out from monitor out
because of that im not getting any osd

further when i connect, im getting audio only in front speakers
even sub is not getting any signal

pls help
Welcome to the forum! My goal is to get your OSD working for you, because I think that will help you get the speakers and sub set up. You say that you aren't getting any video from the "monitor out," but I'd like to get some more details as to why you aren't. Are you referring to the composite (RCA) video output on the 522? If so, does your TV have a composite video input?

V

vishaal

Audiophyte
Welcome to the forum! My goal is to get your OSD working for you, because I think that will help you get the speakers and sub set up. You say that you aren't getting any video from the "monitor out," but I'd like to get some more details as to why you aren't. Are you referring to the composite (RCA) video output on the 522? If so, does your TV have a composite video input?
yes. i connected it to yellow color pin behind lcd

when i use co axial im getting output only in pro logic in which case sound is from centre and mild sub wf
when i use analogue i getting only in pure direct in which case sound is from front 2 spk . No sub

in no case did all 5 spk give music

basically i want to configure it for my showroom where i will be playing only audio cd , mp3... i need all 5 spk + SW to play together

i also tries to manually configure spk set up on small display avail on amp

even tried reset option

pls help

J

Jack61

Audiophyte
2. On the Pioneer, after you select the "TV" input source, make sure that the signal input is "O1" (check out page 21 of the owner's manual). If it isn't, press the "SIGNAL SEL" button on the remote control until the signal changes to "O1."
&
Welcome to the forum!

Per the VSX-522-K owner's manual, page 14, the OSD will only be displayed over an RCA video connection - it will not work over HDMI. That's pretty inconvenient, but that's what the manual says.

Regarding audio over HDMI, check out page 28 of the manual. You'll want to make sure that the HDMI audio is set to "AMP" instead of "THRU." It will only play audio through the receiver if that is set to "AMP" (which is the default, though, so it should already be set to it). Perhaps you need to set something up on the Xbox to output audio through the HDMI jack?
I just want to say, Thanks for the above. I googled my problem of no sound all of a sudden on this receiver and found this.
Fixed the problem.

How it got that way is my wife and her younger sister who lives with us have their own TV's in their room. Mine is downstairs.
My wife watches with me a lot but I have the control remotes, she leaves it alone.
Sometimes they come down to watch on it if I'm not home. So one day no sound... I spent a couple hours trying to figure out which buttons they were fooling with.... finally went to googling... found this. End of problem.
Now when I leave, I hide the remote. :D

Here is my setup:

Oh yeah... I "thanked" you in both posts. ;)

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum, Jack, and I'm glad that it helped! That's a nice looking setup that you have there, and based on the reflection in the TV, a nice camera, too. :)

V

vishaal

Audiophyte
hi adam
finally it was a problem with the board. i got set right with service centre
now working superb
thanks

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for letting me know what the problem was, and I'm glad that it's working for you now! I tend to give the hardware the benefit of the doubt because most of the time it's a setup issue. I'm glad that you took it in and got it fixed.

J

Jack61

Audiophyte
Welcome to the forum, Jack, and I'm glad that it helped! That's a nice looking setup that you have there, and based on the reflection in the TV, a nice camera, too. :)
A real pro wouldn't have had their reflection on the TV. LOL
Anyway, my passion is Nature and Wildlife Photography
WildLife Photography, Nature Photography

I thought I posted this already, but don't see it???:confused:

S

savvart

Audiophyte
Hi all,
I've tried plugging in my Austar - MyStar HD box into my VSX-522-K using HDMI cable. No sound from Austar box thru amp???

I've runf Foxtel and they are totally useless saying it should work.

I have checked all the suggestions, cables, setting in the amp and the Austar box with NO success. Help...

J

Jack61

Audiophyte
Make sure on your remote, SIGNAL SEL, that you set it to H.

T

toad1971

Audiophyte
Help with VSX-521-k ?

Is there a thread where I can get some advice on a VSX-521-k which is very similar to the 522? I am having some issues getting it to output in 5.1 - I would be so grateful if anyone can try to answer my question and help. Thanks in advance!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum, toad!

You can start your own thread, which is what a lot of folks do.

T

toad1971

Audiophyte
Pioneer VSX-521- k not outputting in Surround Sound - any help?

Welcome to the forum, toad!

You can start your own thread, which is what a lot of folks do.
Ok, I'll do that - thanks for the response.

- Jeff

H

HaizRail

Audiophyte
Hello my name is HaizRail well user name that is, and first off I wanted to say that I'm a computer technician, so I'm not new to electronics but I still have a lot to learn, I'm not sure if this is were I need to post but here's the problem I recently in the past two days purchased the pioneer vsx 522- k unit from Walmart because my kenwood 208 power amplifier Which I will repair once I find out what's causing the problem. anyway back to the pioneer I have my floor speakers connected to it for the front I have connected Rca sp-120-10 floor speakers and for the surround I have my pioneer Cs-G303 Floor speakers.Now the system sounds great and loud as hell, I have a few questions first I have a 300 watt amplifier ordered for the unit so I can connect one or two kenwood kfc-4112s Haven't decided if I want to connect one or two, My idea is connecting a rca y adapter to the sub pre out to the amp and from the amp the sub or subs will this work, Because I know this unit needs powered subs not passive. but the main reason for posting in the forum here is because of the pioneers remote control sometimes it works and other times it doesn't and it's not the full remote not working it's certain parts like treble and bass buttons and setting and accessing presets for the tuner and trying to change the channel select and level,speakers,midnight etc. I was wondering if this is a issue with the remote or a issue with the receiver. Now I have changed out the batteries and it still does it. when I turn the unit off and back on the buttons go back to working. and help or ideas would be helpful.thanks

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum, HaizRail!

First - yes, using a y-adapter on the sub output will work just fine to split the signal into two.

Second - I wonder if your issue with the remote is because you've pressed one of the input function buttons other than "Receiver." A number of buttons on the remote control are used for multiple purposes, and which function they control will depend on which input button you pressed last. For example, the "Bass" buttons are used for bass if you press the "Receiver" button, but they are used to skip forward/back on a disc if you pressed the "BD" input button. I can't explain why they would work again after you've turned the receiver on/off (as the input choice should be remembered by the remote itself), but perhaps it's the issue.

H

HaizRail

Audiophyte
I'm not sure what causing it, I went to go set the presets for the tuner this morning and you have to press the tools menu first and the then press preset left or right to change the preset number and then press enter. I did consider that I might of press a wrong button so I checked myself for error when this issue occurs the function buttons as in bd,dvd,cd etc, volume, receiver power, auto,direct,stereo,alc/standard,advance surround,mute and dimmer work and when I press receiver and then home menu onscreen appears, but nothing else will work. and when the power is reset everything works. that should clear up what the remote will and will not do. and thank you.

A

Astrowizzle

Audiophyte
Hi

hope someone can help me here. I am struggling to get my vsx-522 to work properly. Like a lot of people i am able to receive a picture through HDMI but no sound. I am not sure if it is an issue with my hdmi cables or a option i have set up wrong. I can get into the basic sound setup menu and that all seems to go ok with the speakers all making noise. If i plug in the RCA white and red sound cables i get noise no worries. The tv is a panasonic viera and HDMI2 is ARC. I am a bit lost as to what i try next. I am reluctant to go buy new HDMI cables in case it is a set up issue. Any ideas gratefully accepted. cheers Warrick

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

If you are trying to get audio that is being sent from the TV
In the Pioneer setup menu, have you set "ARC" to On in the "7. HDMI Setup" menu? If not, check out page 33 of the Pioneer owner's manual. Also check out page 34 for notes about ARC operation.

If you are trying to get audio from some other source over HDMI
It's unclear in your post if you are trying to listen to audio over any HDMI input, or just the TV connection. If you aren't getting audio from any HDMI input, make sure (a) that you have the correct HDMI input assigned to the source that have selected - check out page 32 of the manual, and (b) that you have the Pioneer set up to output audio that is received over HDMI - check out page 28 of the owner's manual, but the default is to play audio from HDMI sources

B

behnamprime

Audiophyte
Hi every one, my same system was working till now, Now it got a problem, when playing, sometimes it stops randomly it starts again for a few seconds and stops again. what is the problem?

T

Trevor Ens

Audiophyte
Hello, sorry to ressurect an old topic. Ive been having many problems getting my VSX-522-k set up. So far ive received a decent amount of help throughout this thread, but ive run into a wall. Heres what im running (dont laugh)

Amp - Pioneer VSX-522

Speakers - Pioneeer S-DV395T. These are older speakers that came from a home theatre in a box package. I wanted to upgrade my amplifier. I know they are 4 ohm speakers and the amplifier is a 6 ohm amp but ive heard that this in itself should not cause an issue as long as I dont have it at extreme levels.

Subwoofer - Energy AS-180 12" powered subwoofer. Hard to believe but this thing is nearly as old as i am and was still working great the last time it was hooked up. I also bought the Y-adaptor so that I could easily plug it into the single subwoofer pre-out.

Now heres my issue. Running through the MCACC I get no test tones. Playing DVDs I get no sound. I get 0 sound from anything. I thought of course it had to be a mistake on my end so ive triple and quadruple checked my wiring. Everything is how it should be between the speakers and the receiver. Ive noticed that when I start the MCACC that it will initiate, give me the *'s to make sure my subwoofer is on and my mic is plugged in (which they both are,) and after the quick countdown and a "Please Wait", it does nothing. It will sit with the MCACC title on top of the tv and show absolutely nothing else. It doesnt cross off a checklist of speakers or anything. It will sit like this until the receiver screen saver comes on, so inevitably its not going to do much of anything. What am I doing wrong here? Is this sounding like a receiver problem?

Edit: I forgot to mention that after receiving help throughout this topic that I do have video from my bluray through the receiver onto my TV, just lacking sound of any kind.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis