New Denon Product Announcements & Conference

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
gene said:
Actually the amp section of the 5805 are not your run of the mill receiver amps. I would put them up against pretty much any 7CH amp in the 2-3k price range. Not only are they powerful, but more importantly have excellent signal to noise ratio, linearity, low output impedance and distortion while being able to drive 4ohm loads with ease.
Are the amps in the AVR 5803 the equal of those in the 5805?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Are the amps in the AVR 5803 the equal of those in the 5805?
Not really. The 5805's more immense power supply and other amp tweaks make it superior to the 5803's.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Here are the New Denon HTR Receiver Series

Similar to the new AVR Series but less custom features such as added multi room sources, the HTR represents their high value line up for folks whose primary focus is on the main zone of audio – the theater room if you will.

theranman said:
Not to defend separates (must I?), but I'm not sure that most folks like the notion of having to pay all that dough for the amp section of a receiver...especially when they might have a good separate amp already...
I want to make sure that you understand we're not against separates - and of course if you already have a decent amp you might not want to pay extra for an all-in-one unit like the AVR-5805. For less than $6000 you could have your pick of many different models. If features like HDMI-switching are your thing, however, you may end up with a lower-priced receiver, which often exceed the capabilities of many dedicated processors. In that case you would simply use it as a pre-amp.

For all - Denon does indeed have plans on the next generation of higher-end receivers, but we are not yet able to release any of that information publicly. Currently we are showing off the products with a July/August release date.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
*drool....* ohh those are some shexy receivers clint! :D Man those look nice! I also like that every model supports 7.1!

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
For all - Denon does indeed have plans on the next generation of higher-end receivers, but we are not yet able to release any of that information publicly.
How about privately? We can keep a secret! ;)
OK, the 2806 and 3806 will have HDMI switching. We've already figured that out. Now how about XM? I'm sure they're all over that. They must "one up" Yammie, right? Pricing? If it's not out yet, let them know we want to see the 3806 at $1199, and the 2806 at $799. Period. If they want to sell big time units, that's the ticket. And finally, how about some THX certification? We can finally be equals with the big dogs like Kenwood and Onkyo :rolleyes: .

P

pbarach

Enthusiast
So, Clint or Gene, did you ask Denon reps when Denon Link Third Edition would be available in the U.S.?

K

keenan

Junior Audioholic
pbarach said:
So, Clint or Gene, did you ask Denon reps when Denon Link Third Edition would be available in the U.S.?
Good question, but I guess we have to assume they don't have any idea as every question about it in this thread has been completely ignored. A simple, "I haven't a clue" would work for me, but ignoring the questions completely is annoying. Especially when you note that a response was given to a post directly before yours..

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Good question, but I guess we have to assume they don't have any idea as every question about it in this thread has been completely ignored. A simple, "I haven't a clue" would work for me, but ignoring the questions completely is annoying. Especially when you note that a response was given to a post directly before yours..
We do our best to answer everyones questions but perhaps in the future if you exercise some patience and a better demeanor your questions would be answered. As far as I know Denon 3rd link is implemented on new products (such as the DVD-5910 which we will be reviewing soon). Next time we speak with the Denon people, we will confirm this.

K

keenan

Junior Audioholic
gene said:
We do our best to answer everyones questions but perhaps in the future if you exercise some patience and a better demeanor your questions would be answered. As far as I know Denon 3rd link is implemented on new products (such as the DVD-5910 which we will be reviewing soon). Next time we speak with the Denon people, we will confirm this.
I apologize if my demeanor seems a bit rough but I was reflecting on the fact that the question has been asked about 5 times in this thread, early in the thread in fact in an effort to enable you folks to ask the question of the Denon folks while you were still with them.

You've noted that the next time you speak to the Denon folks you will ask them about it, which is great, I look forward to the answer.

BTW, I think you guys do a great job here and my attitude probably has more to do with the fact that Denon has been selling DVD players touted Denon Link for years, all with the disclaimer that SACD carriage should be implemented "soon", well, that was almost 20 mos ago and now DL3 is available on the new equipment and the upgrade is available for the 3910 overseas.

It's frustrating is all and definitely makes me cautious about purchasing future Denon products with such disclaimers. :)

G

Geoh

Junior Audioholic
keenan said:
I apologize if my demeanor seems a bit rough but I was reflecting on the fact that the question has been asked about 5 times in this thread, early in the thread in fact in an effort to enable you folks to ask the question of the Denon folks while you were still with them.

You've noted that the next time you speak to the Denon folks you will ask them about it, which is great, I look forward to the answer.

BTW, I think you guys do a great job here and my attitude probably has more to do with the fact that Denon has been selling DVD players touted Denon Link for years, all with the disclaimer that SACD carriage should be implemented "soon", well, that was almost 20 mos ago and now DL3 is available on the new equipment and the upgrade is available for the 3910 overseas.

It's frustrating is all and definitely makes me cautious about purchasing future Denon products with such disclaimers. :)
Yes, I think many of us share your frustration.
Being the owner of the 5805 and 5910 I would really like to know when DL3 will be available and this seems the best place to get some straight answers.
Also would like to know when the Audyssey low frequency EQ fix will be available?
How about the HDMI upgrade for the 5805? etc.... etc....
The upgrades will be great when (if?) they actually happen, but I'm still a very happy Denon camper :)

geoh

E

ericlhyman

Audioholic Intern
Will the new Denon models that have HDMI have the chip that enables them to handle the higher resolution audio for high definition DVDs? What about other brands that will be available before the end of 2005?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Denon DLink Ver 3

Update on DL3 Upgrade on Existing Denon Gear

Denon will have a posting on their site shortly, but for now you can call into NJ, 973-396-7494 directly to get the ball rolling for the DVD-5900 and DVD-5910 DL3 upgrades. The DVD-3910 DL3 upgrade is by firmware which Denon will send to users. It’s 7 discs so proceed with caution and follow the instructions. You may even wish to consult with your dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pbarach

Enthusiast
D3 for AVR-3805??

Isn't there also supposed to be a Denon Link 3rd edition coming out for the 3805 receiver? Any word on that, or do the discs being made available for the 5910 suffice for both the DVD player and the receiver?

K

keenan

Junior Audioholic
pbarach said:
Isn't there also supposed to be a Denon Link 3rd edition coming out for the 3805 receiver? Any word on that, or do the discs being made available for the 5910 suffice for both the DVD player and the receiver?
The 3805 has always been DL3 capable, it's the DVDPs that have needed the upgrade from DL2 to DL3. Receiving the data has never been the problem, it's been getting the okay to send it.

ericlhyman said:
Will the new Denon models that have HDMI have the chip that enables them to handle the higher resolution audio for high definition DVDs? What about other brands that will be available before the end of 2005?
Since the specs aren't finished, as far as we know no one is integrating HD resolution audio formats into shipping 2005 models. The only way to do it would be to have it be upgradable once the spec/chips are finalized.

E

eirepaul

Audioholic
Dl3

What I'm really looking for is a new version of the 2910 with DL so I can connect to my 3805. I wasn't going spend about $600 more to get the 3910 just for that capability - the DL has to come trickling down the line to the mid-price units. Hopefully by the end of the year?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis