New Denon Product Announcements & Conference

S

Smackrabbit

Enthusiast
Can someone tell me the difference in the MPEG decoders in the two $350 players? The 1920 looks decent for me as my display doesn't have the Macroblocking issue I don't think.

G

groov'

Enthusiast
3806 specs

Clint DeBoer said:
For all - Denon does indeed have plans on the next generation of higher-end receivers, but we are not yet able to release any of that information publicly. Currently we are showing off the products with a July/August release date.
Here are the denon 3806 specs:

http://www.avland.co.uk/denon/avr3806/avr-3806.htm

and here is the new receiver:

http://www.avland.co.uk/denon/avr3806/avr3806lrg.jpg

You didn't break your promises, but after this you are free to talk about it, I think!

Jase

Jase

Junior Audioholic
AVLand often have the wrong specs for models (they still have the incorrect specs for other Denon's) so until Denon release official info I would take that with a pinch of salt.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
groov' said:
Here are the denon 3806 specs:

http://www.avland.co.uk/denon/avr3806/avr-3806.htm

and here is the new receiver:

http://www.avland.co.uk/denon/avr3806/avr3806lrg.jpg

You didn't break your promises, but after this you are free to talk about it, I think!
It's about what I expected (if it's true). Too bad the power wasn't upped. Looks virtually identical to the 3805. I'm not sure how they got a photo, unless it's a doctored up 3805. There's absolutely no info on google about this unit. Did anyone notice the $2999 Marantz in the A/V land amplifier section (they call their receivers amps over there)? Never heard of that one before.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
AV Land Site

Buckeyefan 1 said:
It's about what I expected (if it's true). Too bad the power wasn't upped. Looks virtually identical to the 3805. I'm not sure how they got a photo, unless it's a doctored up 3805. There's absolutely no info on google about this unit. Did anyone notice the $2999 Marantz in the A/V land amplifier section (they call their receivers amps over there)? Never heard of that one before.
Hi Buckey,

Have been out for a while.

I've been trying so many times to access the AV Land site you've mentioned on your previous thread, but I cound't get thru.
Do you have any other address I can try to?

Very interested to see the new 3806 (which seems to be a deja - vu issue, as per your comments), as I'm seriously considering an upgrading on my actual receiver (AVR - 2803).

Cheers / Avliner

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
avliner said:
Hi Buckey,

Have been out for a while.

I've been trying so many times to access the AV Land site you've mentioned on your previous thread, but I cound't get thru.
Do you have any other address I can try to?

Very interested to see the new 3806 (which seems to be a deja - vu issue, as per your comments), as I'm seriously considering an upgrading on my actual receiver (AVR - 2803).

Cheers / Avliner
I was able to get straight through to it, maybe it was just too busy when u tried

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Very interested to see the new 3806
This is it in silver with the specs (supposedly).

Denon AVR-3806
Available in Black & Silver
HDMI Switching (High-Definition Multimedia Interface)
i.link digital input for DVD-Audio & SACD
Dolby Digital and DTS decoding
Dolby Digital EX, Pro Logic IIx decoding with Cinema and Music Modes
DTS-ES Matrix & Discrete 6.1 decoding
DTS Neo:6 96/24 Cinema & Music Surround decoding • DTS 96/24 5.1 decoding
HDCD decoding
New DDSC-Digital featuring Analog Devices HammerHead SHARC 32 bit floating point DSP processor
New Auto-Setup and Room EQ function with microphone supplied
7 Channels equal power amplifier section
120 watts per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, <.05%THD) •
16 Burr-Brown PCM-1791 24 bit, 192 kHz high resolution DACs on all eight channels, in differential configuration
Real 24 bit, 192 kHz Digital Interface Receiver
24 bit, 192 kHz A/D conversion (Burr-Brown PCM-1804) on all Stereo analog inputs (Not EXT. Inputs)
Pure Direct mode, features 4 DACs per audio channel in dual-differential configuration (2 Channel Sources)
ALPHA 24 Processing Plus (AL24+) on all channels
Adjustable High and Low Pass Crossover (40/60/80/100/120/150/200/250Hz)
3 Assignable Component Video inputs (100MHz Bandwidth), with On-Screen Display
Video Conversion of Composite to S-Video and/or to Component, with on-screen display
7.1 external wide bandwidth (100 kHz) inputs for multi-channel formats, such as DVD-Audio and Super Audio CD
5/7 Channel Stereo
Digitally regulated volume control with .5dB increment adjustments and step range of -80 to +15
Audio Delay adjustment to match audio signals with video signals(0-200ms)
DENON Link 3rd (Super Audio CD & DVD-Audio) compatible digital input
7 assignable digital inputs (5 Optical, 2 Coaxial)
Built-in RDS AM/FM tuner
3 Source, 3 Multizone functionality with Discrete Power, Source Select and Volume control for each zone
Multi-Zone stereo pre-amp level audio outputs, fixed or variable level (Zone 3 fixed only)
Multi-Zone Composite Video output
Power Amplifier Assign function, lets you assign 2 of the 7 amp channels to drive Zone 2 or 3 speakers directly
New EL backlighting pre-programmed/learning remote
RS-232C Port for Third Party Control Systems
Remote I/O ports
Assignable +12v triggers (2)
Full System Setup/Parameter control on front panel, with feedback on front panel display (Monitor is not needed for setup)

Specifications for the DENON AVR3806
7-Channel High Power Amp Front 120W+120W (8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.05% THD)
Centre 120W (8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.05% THD)
Surround 120W+120W (8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.05% THD)
Surround Back 120W+120W (8 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.05% THD)
Analog Input sensitivity / impedance 200mV/47k Ohms
Analog Frequency Range 10Hz - 100kHz: +0dB and -3dB (at the time of direct mode)
Analog Signal to Noise ratio 102dB (In direct mode)
Analog Dynamic range 96dB
Power Supply AC 230V, 50 Hz
Power Consumption 390w (2w in standby)
AVR-3806 Dimensions Width 434mm
Height 171mm
Depth 429mm
Weight 17 kg

Attachments

K

keenan

Junior Audioholic
My guess would be that they aren't either...I can't see them adding IEEE1394 and HDMI...?

G

Geoh

Junior Audioholic
keenan said:
My guess would be that they aren't either...I can't see them adding IEEE1394 and HDMI...?
Very true especially since DenonLink3 is included, why bother with iLink.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Well, just considering that the AV-LAND data is somehow correct, we might then expect some good improvements on the new 3806, such as:

HDMI
I.LINK
DVI-D
RDS AM/FM TUNER

If the above is true, they're going to have another killer machine in the market on the mid to high-end levels. Yammie already launched the 4600.
There's something I really don't understand: why Denon is so reluctant in having both (2806 & 3806) THX badged? How much more?? 50 bucks???

Cheers / Avliner.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
avliner said:
There's something I really don't understand: why Denon is so reluctant in having both (2806 & 3806) THX badged? How much more?? 50 bucks???

Cheers / Avliner.
That's $50 I'd rather have in my pocket. :eek: Is there any doubt either of those receivers wouldn't pass their standards?

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
You're right Duffinator! I'd like also to grab those 50 bucks myself.
In other hand, let's see things from a different angle (marketing strategy):
there's quite a lot of receivers available in the market- which are THX badged - for a much lesser cost.
It's something Denon could easily afford, IMO.

I've been a Denon fan for so many years, but their marketing strategy seems to be in the "opposite way" sometimes. One example:

why do you have to pay an extra $65 for the mike on the 3805, when you get it for free with the 2805?? IMO, the opposite would make sense...

Regarding to the "THX test", no doubt that 3805/3806 surpasses - by far - all specs. Perhaps they're doing things the right way, who knows???

Cheers / Avliner

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
avliner said:
I've been a Denon fan for so many years, but their marketing strategy seems to be in the "opposite way" sometimes. One example:

why do you have to pay an extra $65 for the mike on the 3805, when you get it for free with the 2805?? IMO, the opposite would make sense...
I can't figure that one out either, the 8th wonder of the world?

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Duffinator said:
I can't figure that one out either, the 8th wonder of the world?
Of course not! But that sounds quite a nonsense to me.
Anyway, Denon forever & ever.
Cheers / Avliner

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis