New Denon Product Announcements & Conference

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
I really hope they let you guys talk about the new receiver line, I wanna see some more with HDMI switching that arent $3500

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Same here. I would like to hear about the new receiver line. I would also like to see a nicer - not so simple - main GUI on their receivers, if you could pass that along to them.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
Clint DeBoer said:
Here are our next set of updates:

Denon S-Series Compact Home Theater Systems
http://www.audioholics.com/news/editorials/DenonSserieshometheaterbox.php

Denon's New Line of AVR Receivers
http://www.audioholics.com/news/editorials/DenonAVRReceivers.php

We are seeing some very cool stuff. The trickle-down effect is starting to take place and some very cool features are starting to make their way into everything but the most entry-level of products.
Can you throw us a bone on the 3805 replacement??? HDMI?

T

theranman

Audiophyte
sad to read that the pre-pro separates are indeed vaporware...lost a bet on that one...time to feast on crow. :(

G

Geoh

Junior Audioholic
theranman said:
sad to read that the pre-pro separates are indeed vaporware...lost a bet on that one...time to feast on crow. :(
I guess they don't want competition for their 5805 & 4806 just yet.
And if that's the case they will probably wait until the new HD DVD formats hit the market.... don't you think?

geoh

R

RMK!

Dl3

keenan said:
DL3 DL3 DL3 DL3 DL3 ? :D
Kenan,

I have been using DL3 for three weeks now (3805 & 3910). I down loaded the euro version from the link on the AV Forum (3910 owners thread). Burned three CD's, following the instructions I loaded the files, disconnected the analog cables and I was off and running. SACD sounds great in mulit channel digital.

T

theranman

Audiophyte
I think a lot of folks are looking for a reasonably priced, reasonably full-featured pre-pro with the integrated Audyssey MultEQ.
If Audyssey lends their technology to another pre-pro manufacturer (or puts it in a separate box) before Denon comes out with one of their own (which is doubtful given their history), I'll be all over it.

K

keenan

Junior Audioholic
hidog1 said:
Kenan,

I have been using DL3 for three weeks now (3805 & 3910). I down loaded the euro version from the link on the AV Forum (3910 owners thread). Burned three CD's, following the instructions I loaded the files, disconnected the analog cables and I was off and running. SACD sounds great in mulit channel digital.
Yes, I was thinking more of the 5910 and 5900.

E

edgeyboy

Audiophyte
Do either of the new S Line components feature lip sync correction (delay)?

Many thanks.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
And if that's the case they will probably wait until the new HD DVD formats hit the market.... don't you think?
Yes that is a good assumption. In fact, Dolby isn't licensing DD+ this year to anyone mostly b/c of Blu-Ray/HD struggle, interface standards and lack of firmware.

As for no separates, I still consider the AVR-5805 to be a separates solution in a single box, especially since they are supporting updates for it.

Do either of the new S Line components feature lip sync correction (delay)?
I am not certain but will check. FYI, the S-301 is essentially a DVD-2910 with amp section, processing and speakers! The S-101/301 demo was awesome! Excellent sound quality and functionality. Very cool.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
gene said:
FYI, the S-301 is essentially a DVD-2910 with amp section, processing and speakers! The S-101/301 demo was awesome! Excellent sound quality and functionality. Very cool.
Wow, sounds like that would be one heck of a setup if your worried about space constraints then

T

theranman

Audiophyte
>>As for no separates, I still consider the AVR-5805 to be a separates solution in a single box....<<

And here I thought that a separates solution is separates...

Not to defend separates (must I?), but I'm not sure that most folks like the notion of having to pay all that dough for the amp section of a receiver...especially when they might have a good separate amp already....like my 200 watt/per Outlaw 770.

If Denon wants MY dollars, they'd come out with a pre-pro containing the Audyssey MultEQ. Migrating the FULL implementation of MultEQ down their receiver product line wouldn't be such a bad idea either, imho. Otherwise, it's "pick a receiver, any receiver". Audyssey is what makes the Denon unique.

Lip sync? Heck, my 5 yr old Lex MC-1 has that. :)

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Not to defend separates (must I?), but I'm not sure that most folks like the notion of having to pay all that dough for the amp section of a receiver...
Actually the amp section of the 5805 are not your run of the mill receiver amps. I would put them up against pretty much any 7CH amp in the 2-3k price range. Not only are they powerful, but more importantly have excellent signal to noise ratio, linearity, low output impedance and distortion while being able to drive 4ohm loads with ease.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
gene said:
Actually the amp section of the 5805 are not your run of the mill receiver amps. I would put them up against pretty much any 7CH amp in the 2-3k price range. Not only are they powerful, but more importantly have excellent signal to noise ratio, linearity, low output impedance and distortion while being able to drive 4ohm loads with ease.
Yeah, the 5805 is a beast, if only wasnt soooooooo expensive :(

jim_arrows

jim_arrows

Audiophyte
Nothing on the 2805 & 3805 replacements? As their two most popular receivers, I hope they've got something around the corner as they've both been out for well over a year now...

K

KrisJ

Junior Audioholic
jim_arrows said:
Nothing on the 2805 & 3805 replacements? As their two most popular receivers, I hope they've got something around the corner as they've both been out for well over a year now...
Guess we will have to wait for CEDIA in Sept? :(

jim_arrows

jim_arrows

Audiophyte
Spiffyfast said:
guess ya missed this in the thread, its about the new receivers

http://www.audioholics.com/news/editorials/DenonAVRReceivers.php
Thanks Spiffy, but yeah, I saw that -- that was my point, those are all of the "low-end" receivers, nothing there about the replacements for the most popular 28 & 38 series receivers (the 2805 is last year's model, and I believe they just included it for reference so you could see that you're basically getting last year's 2805 feature-set in this year's 2106 for $699). I've been anxiously awaiting word on whether the 38 (or even the 28?) is going to have hdmi switching, so I was real excited when I saw that thread -- only to be disappointed... oh well, guess I have to keep waiting.

Spiffyfast

Spiffyfast

Audioholic General
jim_arrows said:
Thanks Spiffy, but yeah, I saw that -- that was my point, those are all of the "low-end" receivers, nothing there about the replacements for the most popular 28 & 38 series receivers (the 2805 is last year's model, and I believe they just included it for reference so you could see that you're basically getting last year's 2805 feature-set in this year's 2106 for $699). I've been anxiously awaiting word on whether the 38 (or even the 28?) is going to have hdmi switching, so I was real excited when I saw that thread -- only to be disappointed... oh well, guess I have to keep waiting.
Gotcha, I kinda felt the same way, wanna see whats next on those too, really hope hdmi switching is included too

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis