New Denon Product Announcements & Conference

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
We are currently in Amelia Island near Jacksonville Florida enjoying the sunny weather and awaiting a special conference Denon invited us to in which they will be debuting new products and chairing a special conference with Dolby Labs on the new HD audio format DD++. Stay glued here as we will be providing realtime info, pics, specs, etc from the show tomorrow. In the meantime, I hear the call of the Atlantic Ocean :)

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Don't Miss Our Full Coverage of the Denon Summer Conference 2005 Event:</SPAN></P><UL><LI><FONT face=Arial size=2>Denon 2005 Summer Conference Overview</FONT></LI><LI><A href="http://www.audioholics.com/news/editorials/DenonAVRReceivers.php"><FONT face=Arial size=2>New Denon AVR Series Receivers for 2005</FONT></A></LI><LI><A href="http://www.audioholics.com/news/editorials/DenonSserieshometheaterbox.php"><FONT face=Arial size=2>Denon S-Series Home Theater Systems </FONT></A></LI><LI><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">New Denon HTR Receivers - Conference Day 3</SPAN></DIV></LI><LI><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><A href="http://www.audioholics.com/news/editorials/Denon2005DVDPlayers.php"><FONT face=Arial size=2>Denons New 2005 DVD Player Lineup</FONT></A></DIV></LI><LI><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Denon Summer Conference 2005 Wrap-Up</SPAN></DIV></LI></UL></P></FONT>

Last edited by a moderator:
I just checked in and... the Internet seems to be working in the room... :)

This is a casual event so look for updates either from the event itself or tomorrow around lunchtime if they don't have on-site wireless.

MacManNM

MacManNM

Banned
Clint DeBoer said:

This is a casual event so look for updates either from the event itself or tomorrow around lunchtime if they don't have on-site wireless.
Now I understand why you guys needed to get that additional cashflow from those ads. Must be nice, sunny Florida, boat drinks, Buffett playing, as you lounge by the pool, getting paid per diem the whole time......

Sounds like my job.

MacManNM said:
getting paid per diem the whole time...
Now THAT would be nice... no, this isn't a per diem event. Hmmm... nice idea though for the future... ;)

This is more like: Clint and Gene drive 4-6 hours in car, sleep, see new products, sleep, say goodbye and drive 4-6 hours home... Still, to get a chance to bring you news of the new products prior to CEDIA it's worth it.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Sounds like fun guys! Listen to some Rush for me if you have any, will ya? ;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Clint DeBoer said:

And the weather is fine? No storm related issues?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Sounds like fun guys! Listen to some Rush for me if you have any, will ya?
Actually I am on a Marillion kick right now. But I may throw on some Moving Pictures on my ride home.

And the weather is fine? No storm related issues?
It rained towards mid afternoon until evening so we had to limit our water activities to the indoor pool. I shot some mean hoops in the pool though. Who said white men can't jump? Granted the basket was only about 2ft over my head :D

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
gene said:
Actually I am on a Marillion kick right now. But I may throw on some Moving Pictures on my ride home.
Sounds awesome!!! :D

Update #1 - The Arrival

We arrived at the Ritz-Carlton around 3PM and checked in. The only thing on the agenda for today was a welcome reception and dinner at 7PM. I spoke with Jeff Talmadge who was very optomistic about the new products being shown tomorrow. Several of the new products are really geared toward the custom installer market and meet several needs and features that Denon has been working hard to address. XM Radio is also playing a big role in several upcoming products (more details will follow later). Stephen Baker, President of Denon Electronics (USA), Inc. stopped by our table and shared his enthusiasm for the new products as well as some thoughts on their new DVD-5910 universal DVD player. We're looking forward to tomorrow's full day of events, which includes an introductory presentation by Stephen Baker, a product overview by Matt Good, and an XM satellite presentation by Victor Henley & Amy Wolfe.

Throughout the day there will be four main breakout sessions: a Product Showcase, Theater Demos, "CSI: Denon" (Custom Systems Integration), and Strategic Marketing. We'll wrap up with a dinner at the Golf Club of Amelia Island. We'll try to get some updates when we can and fill you in on as many details as possible.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Awesome. And this is yet ANOTHER reason why I love this publication. Dedication. Keep up the good work guys.

T

theranman

Audiophyte
Waaay back when (actually, about 6 months ago), a Denon dealer/friend told me that he was informed that Denon would be coming out with a pre-pro based on both the Denon 5805 and 4806. Any hints of this at the show or is it likely this was just the usual vaporware???

Ran

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
Are they going to be coming out with a new line of AVR's?

K

keenan

Junior Audioholic
Maybe you can ask Denon what the hold-up is with Denon Link 3 for the US market..? It's been available in Germany for about 6 weeks..

G

Geoh

Junior Audioholic
keenan said:
Maybe you can ask Denon what the hold-up is with Denon Link 3 for the US market..? It's been available in Germany for about 6 weeks..
Yeah, what's up with that!
We want our DL3...

And maybe you can ask them about the Audyssey update to address the bass region EQ or lack there of.

Last edited:
B

briansmith

Junior Audioholic
Geoh said:
Yeah, what's up with that!
We want our DL3...

And maybe you can ask them about the Audyssey update to address the bass region EQ or lack there of.
Second that! Ask them about the EQ update that was promised over a month ago. Leave it Denon to sell a $6K receiver that has a major problem and then leave all the owners out in the cold. :mad:

The delay on fixing the EQ problem is ridiculous.

-Brian

A

aarond

Full Audioholic
Are the new denons going to be xm only, or are they going to offer hd radio tuners? I am a big denon fan but am leaning towards the yami 4600 for my next recvr. mainly for the hd radio feature and denon priced the 4806 out of reach.

M

Mobius

Junior Audioholic
aarond,

If you have not seen it yet the new Pioneer Elite 74TXVi might also meet your needs, it's priced at a MSRP of $1500, I really like that Yamaha 4600 too seems like a very nice unit. I am curious to see if the guys report back about a Denon 3806 and what's been added to it.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Couple of notes guys:

1) We should be seeing new Audyssey update firmware within a few weeks. Yes I know its taking more time than they said. However, I understand they are doing some other minor performance tweaks so I am sure it will be worth the wait.

2) No separates to market for about a year. They are addressing other market areas right now, so stay tuned....

3) We heard a cool presentation from Dolby Labs on the new DD+ format. Very cool and best of all backwards compatible with current equipment.

4) Denon has a new remote for some of their products which is a cross between the LCD of the 3805/5805 but with tactile buttons and improved ergonomics. We will be posting more on this shortly.

5) Some very cool new products to tackle situations where only 2 speakers, control unit and a sub will do. Think of the 4 letter B word but will much more functionality and higher performance.

Click here for a brief write up on stuff we saw today!

Dan

Dan

Audioholic Chief
I was wondering about the XM tie in. Would this mean an XM tuner integrated into the receivers? That would be a great idea. Still, XM has this nasty policy of charging for each XM tuner you own (the second onward at half price) rather than a single subscription rate per household. Cable TV! found that this was the way to charge things and XM will need to do the same if it really wants to get widespread. I have it in one of my cars and it kicks the he11 out of FM.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis