William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
View attachment 63359

At one time I had 3 in that room even with 2 I didn't need a sub but with 3 for sure no. My measurements in room they were solid all the way down past 30hz and then with the slow roll of they had I was pulling 20 Hz but that's in a smaller or mid sized room. I don't think they could pull off 20 Hz in a big open room
Haha. Can’t believe Daniel San says no sub needed! Ok, so where’d you put Dan?

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Not gonna happen. Anyway, if you want that, it would essentially be just like the Arendal 1723 THX tower, except made with not as high-end materials.
Amusing assumptions.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Amusing assumptions.
No I do believe @shadyJ is right about this unfortunately. The problem the way I see it is that Monoprice already keeps their prices so low even on their premium Monolith line. If they make something too close to the higher lines level of performance for a way lower price then why buy up to the next level?

They'd basically be undercutting themselves

I thought to myself when I tried out the SW-15 from them. This is fairly good sized box about PB 2000 size

Why not put just a lil extra in the driver 3 ports underneath like a Bic PL-300 still make it inexpensive but a lil more then what they are selling now and get it down to 20 Hz or maybe 25 to 27hz with a boost on the upper end?

But then I thought to myself well sh&t why buy from their higher priced lineup I mean why would they want to undercut their higher priced lineup?

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
shadyJ, how do you know it's not going to happen? We don't know what Monoprice will do in the future.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
shadyJ, how do you know it's not going to happen? We don't know what Monoprice will do in the future.
It's not going to happen. I know many of the key people involved in that project, and their attention is elsewhere.

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
It's not going to happen. I know many of the key people involved in that project, and their attention is elsewhere.
Based on the level of inventory on their site across Monolith products, I have questions as to whether they continue or not. I sure hope so! And if they continue no idea what's next.

I did secure some of their THX speakers recently and give them a thumbs up if you get a chance. I'm enjoying them and will be keeping them. They still have more of their 365cs and their 460t's which I have but the prices are high at the moment. The large bookshelf version of it is on deal open box right now.

Can't speak to these T6's but I can imagine they would be very good for their price inded.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Based on the level of inventory on their site across Monolith products, I have questions as to whether they continue or not. I sure hope so! And if they continue no idea what's next.

I did secure some of their THX speakers recently and give them a thumbs up if you get a chance. I'm enjoying them and will be keeping them. They still have more of their 365cs and their 460t's which I have but the prices are high at the moment. The large bookshelf version of it is on deal open box right now.

Can't speak to these T6's but I can imagine they would be very good for their price inded.
I seriously doubt they are dropping out of the game. I could be wrong but when you look at the fact that a company say like Power sound Audio is backlogged for months due to orders it's a fancy way for PSA to say basically the same thing. We are out of stock to meet demand.

Same thing with Buckeye amps

Same thing with JTR

Monoprice could be going through the same thing orders have exceeded what they have in stock.

Their just wording it in a different way. Is my take but you never know you could be right tho. Well just have to wait and see

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member

That is the lowest price I have seen for these speakers.
That is an insanely good value. I don't know how Monoprice can afford to sell them at those prices. Maybe they are looking at them as loss leaders? The shipping alone must constitute at least half of that cost.

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Yeah, it's even priced less through the Walmart store front. Still though, the top end of these speakers will have to be tamed with some type of EQ, miniDSP for example.

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Monoprice, Harman etc., are indicators to what high performing, consumer audio should really cost, vs the input costs that have been exponentially reduced since the advent of robotics and AI into development and manufacturing, and even shipping and inventory.

Since we don't manufacture much anymore, consumers have lost touch with what actually goes into products these days, to even have any idea what they should cost.

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Monoprice, Harman etc., are indicators to what high performing, consumer audio should really cost, vs the input costs that have been exponentially reduced since the advent of robotics and AI into development and manufacturing, and even shipping and inventory.

Since we don't manufacture much anymore, consumers have lost touch with what actually goes into products these days, to even have any idea what they should cost.

Interesting video. Looks like what goes into products isn’t accurately reflected in the price. When I saw the $1,000,000 phono cartridge I realized there may be some markup involved in the retail price.

T

tbob22

Enthusiast
I picked up the T5's a few months ago and was so impressed I picked up the B5's for the garage, but the T6's went on sale for $118 so I couldn't resist.

The B5's are impressive for the size too - they just can't go as loud as the towers and the port seems to be a bit undersized so it can chuff. They'll probably go back.

Now to decide which tower stays in the house. :)

encore copy.jpg

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I picked up the T5's a few months ago and was so impressed I picked up the B5's for the garage, but the T6's went on sale for $118 so I couldn't resist.

The B5's are impressive for the size too - they just can't go as loud as the towers and the port seems to be a bit undersized so it can chuff. They'll probably go back.

Now to decide which tower stays in the house. :)

View attachment 64103
Will be interested to hear how the 6's perform for you. Can't imagine you wouldn't keep those. Is their center adequate for those towers?

T

tbob22

Enthusiast
Will be interested to hear how the 6's perform for you. Can't imagine you wouldn't keep those. Is their center adequate for those towers?
They're only being used for 2 channel - the center image is quite solid so phantom center is also pretty good. If I were to use these in a surround setup I'd probably use the C6 vertically or a B6 if possible instead of horizontally.

I'm not generally a fan of MTM centers so I'd probably try to make the 365C center work if I had to use a speaker horizontally - but I'm not sure how well it would timbre match.

After a bit of a/b with the T5's I am noticing just a bit less punchiness on the T6 - they do extend quite a bit further though. I'm noticing slightly slower attack in the highs but overall I'd say it's smoother and more balanced. If I knock on side of the cabinets (I know - not exactly scientific) I notice a bit more echo compared to the T5 so I'm not sure if that's the reason for the difference in punch - maybe a bit more polyfill or lining the cabinets with deadening material would help.

In my theater I'm using old Wharfedale Diamond 9.6's along with a 9.CM for the center for about 15 years - I've been happy with them - I haven't A/B'd them (yet) but I think the T6's would have them beat in terms of low output and likely dynamics - but in there they have an HPF at 80hz for the subs anyway. The upper midrange on the 9.6/CM is quite nice though - the 460T's would have me interested if they see deep sales like the Encores did.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
If I plug the ports I'm getting silly low response. Without plugging very good output to about 25hz. No EQ applied.

I think I'm noticing a slight resonance in the upper midbass/low midrange. I believe that's what is in the graph here:

View attachment 64150View attachment 64151
That is some sick extension much more expensive towers can't even get to 30 even in the room

Wonder what you can do with that slight resonance any chance you can eq?

T

tbob22

Enthusiast
That is some sick extension much more expensive towers can't even get to 30 even in the room

Wonder what you can do with that slight resonance any chance you can eq?
Since it showed up in both Audioholics and Erins Audio Corner review I'm guessing it's a cabinet or driver resonance. I don't know how much EQing would solve it. Currently using an old Panasonic SA-HE200 AVR - decent power but it's pretty basic. Adding a minidsp in line could help but at that point it'd probably be better to invest in something with room correction.

I haven't noticed it on the Encore T5's but I think I'm also hearing it on the B6's. The T5's also have solid low end extension and with much more authority compared to the B6 as expected - but the B6's are certainly no slouch for a bookshelf - it's just the port can chuff when pushed. Of course this is extremely room dependent.

Green: T6
Orange: T5
Blue: B6
t5-b6-t6.jpg

T

tbob22

Enthusiast
The T6's aren't playing in terms of dynamics.

I really cranked them and was seeing peaks of 115-120db on Z weighted - switching over to A weighted was closer to 100db as the low roll off is steeper - this is extremely loud to me - a little bass heavy as shown in the measurements above but it does have some decent tactile feel to it - I feel it's like having a small sub in room.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis