croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I have a pair of these speakers. Running them in a 2-channel setup with a Yamaha A-S801. Very pleased with the sound. What are your thoughts on the speakers? Are any of you listening to them in your rig? Two thumbs up, in my opinion.:):)

Last edited:
D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
They sound very good. Solid sleeper! No need for a sub.
Hi I owned the Encore T6 great great speaker for the money. You are right with their extension I did not need a sub in that room

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
They sound very good. Solid sleeper! No need for a sub.
Encore towers in room POV.jpg

At one time I had 3 in that room even with 2 I didn't need a sub but with 3 for sure no. My measurements in room they were solid all the way down past 30hz and then with the slow roll of they had I was pulling 20 Hz but that's in a smaller or mid sized room. I don't think they could pull off 20 Hz in a big open room

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
View attachment 63359

At one time I had 3 in that room even with 2 I didn't need a sub but with 3 for sure no. My measurements in room they were solid all the way down past 30hz and then with the slow roll of they had I was pulling 20 Hz but that's in a smaller or mid sized room. I don't think they could pull off 20 Hz in a big open room
Nice setup! I see a Marantz amp/receiver there.

Loudogp250

Loudogp250

Audiophyte
I picked up the Encore T5 for $89.99 for my home office. Good sounding speakers, especially for the price paid.
PXL_20230916_024753923.jpg

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
I picked up the Encore T5 for $89.99 for my home office. Good sounding speakers, especially for the price paid. View attachment 63405
They compete with speakers costing 10x more. The T6 is solid! Each tower weighs 50 pounds. Beefy magnets on the woofers, and solid cabinet. They come alive nicely with my A-S801!

Last edited:
Loudogp250

Loudogp250

Audiophyte
They compete with speakers costing 10x more. The T6 is solid! Each tower weighs 50 pounds. Beefy magnets on the woofers, and solid cabinet. They come alive nicely with my A-S801!
My T5's are connected to an old Cambridge Audio Azur 851A. WiiM mini into a Schiit Modius for streaming, Pioneer DV-45 for SACD's. I like the sound of these small towers.

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai

Good price right now. I'm still holding out for the JBL Studio 698
I love JBL! That is a nice speaker! I have the 305 studio monitor by JBL. Nice and powerful! I can attest that the T6 is an exceptional speaker. The current price is surprising to see. It is a well-made loudspeaker. I bought mine before they slashed the price. I wonder if they are coming out with another speaker and trying to clear out inventory.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I love JBL! That is a nice speaker! I have the 305 studio monitor by JBL. Nice and powerful! I can attest that the T6 is an exceptional speaker. The current price is surprising to see. It is a well-made loudspeaker. I bought mine before they slashed the price. I wonder if they are coming out with another speaker and trying to clear out inventory.
I think they are like JBL and just have the resources and volume to do crazy sales like that

I'm sure not complaining :D

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I own 3 and they are amazing speakers they are going up for sale now that I have the right bedroom setup for me

Room POV with JBL 698 setup.jpg

Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
If Monoprice came out with a T8, that would be nice. :)

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I picked up the Encore T5 for $89.99 for my home office. Good sounding speakers, especially for the price paid. View attachment 63405
$89 each with free shipping? That is really crazy. Shipping on those can't be cheap. What do they make them for? Kind of remind me of my Infinity Reference speakers. Wonder how they compare.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If Monoprice came out with a T8, that would be nice. :)
Not gonna happen. Anyway, if you want that, it would essentially be just like the Arendal 1723 THX tower, except made with not as high-end materials.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis